Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Spelunky Explorer (4X level size) reuped.  (Read 42515 times)
Kirby
Mossy

Too Long Away

nrmario@hotmail.com
View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2010, 12:48:30 PM »

I did pretty well, considering I got a jetpack in the second level.
It's a good game, it just lags a lot.

I'm learning Japanese!
Add me on Steam! http://steamcommunity.com/id/KirbyLord/
gummybears123
Mossy

Yummy Gummy!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2010, 02:25:28 PM »

There should be like 40X level size

I made a rap.
It sounds dumb, like reading a map
I really should stop this thing before it goes too far
But I don't really car as long as I stay below the radar
Those big companies won't get me no
I'll get away before the fuzz show

-Most famous rapper of Mossmouth
Kirbylord
marsgreekgod
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2010, 02:58:30 PM »

There should be like 40X level size
Lagy as ****

Show your power, Gun Del Hell! Show them their fate! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Here we go! Let's go, go, go, go, Django! Light and Dark! It comes down to this! Be afraid, Sun!
gummybears123
Mossy

Yummy Gummy!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2010, 02:59:30 PM »

but very fun Grin

I made a rap.

Kirbylord
marsgreekgod
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2010, 03:01:53 PM »

but very fun Grin
would it be fun to play at 3 frames per min?

now much larger could work, but 40!? thats... thats madness.

Show your power, Gun Del Hell! Show them their fate! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Here we go! Let's go, go, go, go, Django! Light and Dark! It comes down to this! Be afraid, Sun!
kinnik
Bean

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2010, 05:35:26 PM »

zThank you Alanj for the bug reports!  You are the first person to get that far!  I barely get to world 2 on an avarage play and it usualy takes me 1 whole hour to get that far.

I'll address your bugs under, in small text:

-I agree that health is not a problem.. exept if you only have one or two and can't find a stupid mushroom!  I really hope to add more enemy as the levels progress and make some things hit alot harder.. thus making collecting girls for > max health alot more important. I have afew big ideas around this issue... anyrate, baddies need to be harder but I like being able to fill my life without tooo much stress.

-The monkeys LIKE you!  I need to give them some space from the player so they don't die so often. Then they can hug and kiss you!  As for ropes/bombs, I think there are enough and if you don't find them on your levels thats just bad luck.
OH, my GF punches me if she gets too many monkeys hugging her.

-You need to pause to see the map... it's a WIP very much right now. only shows start, finish, the path and black holes where snakepits and shops are.

-I've never been to level 15 in my mod... very well could be a bug. Or maybe they use a diferent door for the boss??  I'll add this to my bugs list.. Thanks

-Yup, shop item are basicly free right now. My GF wants me to put off changing this but I say next release the prices are up.

-Next release the compass will be the most rare and expencive item in the game. By a large margin.

-I love the idea of having to lose the ghost! do you know if it's posible in the vanilla code?

Glad you liked it!

Glen: Thanks, it's on my list now. 2sec fix. Wink

Gummy!!: yeah... 40X would be nice.... my dream code would be infinity times. What if you generate the rooms around you while your playing and save the rooms you leave from into files on your computer so you can go back?? would that make infinity size levels. essentialy?

Sudonimus
Mossy

Stop staring.

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2010, 05:48:22 PM »

1st, WHAT IS VANILLA??

And, infinity would be so laggy, I wouldn't be able to unplug my computer. [/exaggeration]

How is there no such thing as non-existence?!
Kirby
Mossy

Too Long Away

nrmario@hotmail.com
View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2010, 05:49:10 PM »

Vanilla is Spelunky V. 1.1.
Silly.

I'm learning Japanese!
Add me on Steam! http://steamcommunity.com/id/KirbyLord/
kinnik
Bean

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2010, 05:56:35 PM »

Anything unmodded is called vanilla...  It's the plain of icecream and games. My mod is vanilla mint chocolate chunk.

I think it wouldn't lagg if you are able to unload the old rooms from the memory... I hope to play with this soon.  I'll of coarse post any test right here for you!
Sudonimus
Mossy

Stop staring.

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2010, 06:02:25 PM »

...Where the heck did you learn Game Maker?

Your skills are good, apparently.
And anyways...

Would they spawn from the top-left corner and expand horizontally AND vertically??

That's, like, 7 Kali altars in one play.

MagiMaster
Bulb

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2010, 06:35:21 PM »

Bug reports (I forgot to copy down the actual error messages):
- The intro text has an unknown variable error.
- Picking up the Udjat Eye also has an unknown variable error.
- The entrance in world 2 spawned in an area that required bombs to leave (and I was out of bombs).

And a suggestion:
- Having the entrance and exit spawn in random places in kind of cool, but it should probably be a seperate mod. (A climbing out of hell mod would be fun.) With the giant levels, bombs and ropes are slightly too scarce to handle several levels of climbing.

Edit: Oh yeah. For the pathfinding, I haven't read your code in the help thread, but since preparing the path is basically constructing a maze, you might want to look at some of the standard maze generation algorithms (start here). Of course, there'd have to be a few modifications. Getting a no-bomb-no-rope path out of it wouldn't be too easy, but you might not care about that.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 06:40:38 PM by MagiMaster » Logged
kinnik
Bean

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2010, 07:09:25 PM »

Sudon: Thank you!  I don't program unless I'm in a funk. But I started programming at 5 years old with Hyper Card on the mac classic.  The code in GM is pretty standered and if you know Basic/Java or C then GM is a breeze! I bet if you learn GM well, going to one of the big high level languages will be much easier.  To get infinit rooms you would need to be able to save room contents and generate new in any direction.  so, if you are going right, anything say 3 rooms back gets saved and destroyed.  then anything 3 rooms right gets generated.  if you go back left,  the right room gets saved/destroyed and the left room gets *loaded* from your save.  it should work in any direction and be limited by space on your hard drive and how quick you can save, load and generate....   in theory... ;p

magi:  thank you!  i got those bugs but keep forgeting to fix. top of list now. as for no bombs... you are either really unlucky or didn't explore enough. but, i do plan on fixing the room building code because it doesn't always make the path connections.  I will now read the wiki you post and maybe rewrite the path code.

thanks again for all your guys help!
Sudonimus
Mossy

Stop staring.

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2010, 07:13:53 PM »

Oh wow. 5?? Programming?? Oh my gosh, I couldn't do it at eleven.

YOU ARE A BEAST. [/cityspeak]

gummybears123
Mossy

Yummy Gummy!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 01, 2010, 07:44:38 PM »

Geez, I started programming 2 days a go........

I made a rap.

Kirbylord
Sudonimus
Mossy

Stop staring.

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2010, 07:58:31 PM »

Haha, very funny, Gummy. [/sarcasm]
And you made, what, 4 mods?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: