Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Spelunky Explorer (4X level size) reuped.  (Read 42526 times)
gummybears123
Mossy

Yummy Gummy!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2010, 09:15:31 PM »

I thought it was a guy, so that was why he was saying f off

I made a rap.
It sounds dumb, like reading a map
I really should stop this thing before it goes too far
But I don't really car as long as I stay below the radar
Those big companies won't get me no
I'll get away before the fuzz show

-Most famous rapper of Mossmouth
Kirbylord
Kegluneq
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2010, 09:18:52 PM »

I originally thought that too, but the big post before cleared it up.

A wild SHINY MOSSY appeared!
gummybears123
Mossy

Yummy Gummy!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2010, 09:24:07 PM »

The long one? I was too busy to read that

I made a rap.

Kirbylord
marsgreekgod
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2010, 09:56:21 PM »

The long one? I was too busy to read that
Then it's your own fault for not knowing isn't it?

"I don't want to learn! I just want to know!"

Show your power, Gun Del Hell! Show them their fate! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Here we go! Let's go, go, go, go, Django! Light and Dark! It comes down to this! Be afraid, Sun!
gummybears123
Mossy

Yummy Gummy!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2010, 10:03:29 PM »

I never said I wanted to know, MGG, chill.........

And I read only the part addressed to me

I made a rap.

Kirbylord
kinnik
Bean

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2010, 11:01:02 PM »

HA!  yeah... she's pretty tomboyish.. and the F-Off dosn't make sence. Tongue  My GF put it in to try and say that she doesn't need helping.  If you can think of something else I'll change it.  A north american parent might have issues and it would suck if some poor kid was not allowed to play because I put a swear word.

So, I'll dig up and talk alittle about where all the code is hidding that messes up making larger levels. be back soon
marsgreekgod
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2010, 11:07:02 PM »

I would say "save me you ****" but it's to long.

Show your power, Gun Del Hell! Show them their fate! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Here we go! Let's go, go, go, go, Django! Light and Dark! It comes down to this! Be afraid, Sun!
grieck
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2010, 11:22:06 PM »

How about "AHEM!"  ?
Hayden
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2010, 11:27:47 PM »

How about "AHEM!"  ?

That sounds good. Smiley
kinnik
Bean

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2010, 01:42:29 AM »

I updated it and she says "NO!" now...
DungeonPheonix
Bean

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2010, 02:20:39 AM »

I'm afraid I can't check this just yet, so it's faster just to ask: did you change the countdown until the ghost arrives? If the levels are bigger, should or shouldn't there be a bit more time to spelunk around?

Also, I could've sworn this forum had spoiler tags, which you could use to make a change log accessible to those that want to know. As an alternative, you can make the log really small so the curious can quote your post or copy the text to find out.

Crude, but it works.
marsgreekgod
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2010, 02:28:14 AM »

We use change color then type white for spoiler tags... I didn't have an issue with the ghost my self.
Something like this.

But this mod is what I tried and failed to make with giant odd spelunky. by the way.

kinnik
Bean

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2010, 03:32:20 AM »

Ah yes. Thank you.  I will now post all the features and bug in spoiler small and white...  If you happen apon the spoiler tag so it's in a drop down or something like that, I'd like that better.. My friends are waiting for my final version and they don't like spoilers.
alanj
Shoot

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2010, 04:16:18 AM »

Interesting!  I've only played it once so far, though I made it to the end of level 15, so that one play was a long play.

I think my game ended on a bug; level 15 had no exit.  The compass was pointing up while I was at the top of the level and had no way to go up any further, and I didn't see an exit anywhere else.  If this is an intentional part of the mod and I was missing something, it needs to maybe be presented in a way that resembles a bug a little less? Wink

Unfortunately the game was sluggish for my entire playthrough, except in Area 3, but I'm not sure how much you can do about that.  I'm playing on my little netbook, it'd probably have an easier time on a CPU that isn't powered by hamster wheels.

Spoiler-laden comments:

- Not sure how I feel about the mushrooms, but there were definitely way way WAY too many of them.  Between the mushrooms everywhere and the ease of getting an early kapala since there's so much to sacrifice in the big levels, it felt like health was essentially irrelevant for my entire run.  I was also not fond of the monkey chests - between monkeys and mushrooms, it felt like an awful lot of chests were useless.  It also took about ten monkey chests before I realized that's what they were, usually I opened them and just wondered "why is there blood spurting everywhere?"

- I got the map several times in Area 4, and I don't know what it does.  Maybe that's why I couldn't find an exit in Level 15 - though I did have the map that time - but the compass pointing at nothing made me think bug.  Nicely cryptic subtext ("you know the way"), though.  Fits the style of the game.

- All the shop prices need to be readjusted since you're so much richer at any given level than you are in standard Spelunky, and also since some items (compass, spring shoes, climbing gloves, jetpack, ropes) are so much more important.

- The compass kinda breaks what you're trying to do with the mod.  I'd be tempted to eliminate it entirely, or else replace it with something that's good only for one level and have that appear in chests on a regular basis.

- I'd also be tempted to see what the game would play like if you went back to normal values for starting health/bombs/ropes, and fewer chests, but started the player off with spring shoes and sticky bombs.  I had fun with the later parts where I had large quantities of sticky bombs and had to figure out how to carve upward staircases out of existing rock.  And on the existing tiles, upward platforming in Area 1 seems more fair and fun and less rope-dependent with the spring shoes.

- Bring back the ghost!  Especially if you adopt the spring shoes as default idea.  You've got room to lose the ghost in these huge levels, and adding a little bit of time pressure adds to the interest, IMHO.

Anyway, neat stuff.  Thanks for sharing.
grieck
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2010, 05:18:30 AM »

One tiny bug: The Ice caves no longer haver black at the bottom to tell you it's a bottomless pit. Unless you  made that a feature.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: