Poll
Question: What else console would you like to see the Spelunky remake be ported to?
Wii - 0 (0%)
Wii U - 5 (27.8%)
NDS - 0 (0%)
3DS - 6 (33.3%)
IMac - 0 (0%)
IOS - 1 (5.6%)
Android - 2 (11.1%)
Windows Phone - 1 (5.6%)
PSP - 0 (0%)
Xbox one - 1 (5.6%)
OUYA - 0 (0%)
PS4 - 1 (5.6%)
WinRT (Win8's "Metro" interface) - 0 (0%)
Blackberry OS (Native app) - 0 (0%)
Other (state in post) - 1 (5.6%)
Total Voters: 14

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
  Print  
Author Topic: What else console would you like to see the Spelunky remake be ported to?  (Read 62586 times)
KarjamP
Mossy

Meet Miijam!

View Profile WWW Email
« on: September 18, 2010, 11:19:43 AM »

My revived thread about porting this game to other consoles.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 07:32:03 AM by KarjamP » Logged

Meet Bodyless!

3DS friendcode: 4210 - 4681 - 1626

Join Dropbox!

BTC: 1M7MKFdwwrDqqowMUkrCXKhcEi7a16pwWy
marsgreekgod
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2010, 12:12:37 PM »

3ds or just ds.

Or dsiware

you can see where I am going with this.

Show your power, Gun Del Hell! Show them their fate! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Here we go! Let's go, go, go, go, Django! Light and Dark! It comes down to this! Be afraid, Sun!
Dudemaster
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2010, 09:21:28 PM »

marsgreekgod
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2010, 10:52:56 PM »

Which would be relatively easy.

Show your power, Gun Del Hell! Show them their fate! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Here we go! Let's go, go, go, go, Django! Light and Dark! It comes down to this! Be afraid, Sun!
Dudemaster
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2010, 09:04:24 AM »

You are probably being sarcastic, but if you aren't, it's a great thing to hear.

In the console's earlier days, it was well known that coding games, stabilising them, etc. for the PS3 was much harder than, say, the XBOX 360.

And now, its online shop is nowhere near XBOX LIVE arcade in terms of the amount of games, their quality and even their cross-platform existence, which indicates it is hard to port a game from one console to the other... especially when just one man is working on it.

Anyway, I'd much, much hope to see Spelunky on the Playstation, it will spread to more consumers that way. And that would most definitely include me!
marsgreekgod
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2010, 11:30:25 AM »

It would be relatively easy compared to the ds, wii, psp...

ipwnu1337
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2010, 05:44:54 PM »

Spelunky XBLA for windows would be awesome.  Well, I'm only saying that because I don't have an Xbox 360.

But anyway, Spelunky XBLA, well, is going to be an XBLA game, so it's not likely it will be on the webs for free anytime soon.
marsgreekgod
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2010, 10:30:07 AM »

Spelunky XBLA for windows would be awesome.  Well, I'm only saying that because I don't have an Xbox 360.

But anyway, Spelunky XBLA, well, is going to be an XBLA game, so it's not likely it will be on the webs for free anytime soon.
I 2nd this honestly.

GrahamGoring
Seedling

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2010, 02:32:50 AM »

DSi/3DS (as a downloadable title). Spelunky is one of the ultimate pick-up-and-play games, perfect for bitesize gaming sessions and so it would be great on the DSi/3DS (assuming you could opt to suspend play at the end of each level). I'd happily just have the PC version on the DSi, but the 3DS has enough grunt that it could probably approximate the Xbox graphics (seeing as the 3DS favours high-quality pixels over large polygon amounts). Dunno' what you'd use the 3D abilities for, mind.
As for "proper" consoles, I'm not arsed at all as I've got an Xbox so I'll just get it on there.
marsgreekgod
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2010, 07:52:53 AM »

DSi/3DS (as a downloadable title). Spelunky is one of the ultimate pick-up-and-play games, perfect for bitesize gaming sessions and so it would be great on the DSi/3DS (assuming you could opt to suspend play at the end of each level). I'd happily just have the PC version on the DSi, but the 3DS has enough grunt that it could probably approximate the Xbox graphics (seeing as the 3DS favours high-quality pixels over large polygon amounts). Dunno' what you'd use the 3D abilities for, mind.
As for "proper" consoles, I'm not arsed at all as I've got an Xbox so I'll just get it on there.
See, this guy knows what he is talking about!

Port it to the dsiware, you can buy that on the 3ds..

KarjamP
Mossy

Meet Miijam!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2010, 05:47:17 AM »

You can now vote for "Other"! Just state in post what you want Spelunky XBLA to be ported to.

Meet Bodyless!

3DS friendcode: 4210 - 4681 - 1626

Join Dropbox!

BTC: 1M7MKFdwwrDqqowMUkrCXKhcEi7a16pwWy
Known & Unknown
Mossy

Known for short!

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2010, 01:24:59 PM »

PS2 or (3)DS(i)!

Pteriforever
Mosskid

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2010, 03:22:24 PM »

This game would suit the PS2, but not the Wii because it has a stupid controller.
Bae
Mossy

Pro YoCo strats #AGDQ2014 #GYCL

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2010, 08:06:53 PM »

A stupid controller that matches up to the original Nes controller almost perfectly and thus suits Spelunky very well

letsee

jump: 2
action: 1
purchase: -
bomb: B
rope: A
pause: +

running would either be super mario style hold action thing or double tap the dpad

[0/18]complete

think about it. Zom-bees.
Samkid882
Seedling

Wait, what?

Kirktyler@ymail.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2010, 09:17:55 AM »

Honestly, I am shocked no one requested the PC as a console! If it's PC, everyone who has the original Spelunky can download the New Spelunky! And btw, Spelunky XBLA isn't the official name for it, is it? Because if it is, I guess it could only be for the Xbox 360! But if the name changes to Spelunky + (Like N+) or Super Spelunky (Like Super Street Fighter 4), then it could be ported to other consoles as well. But I guess the first console should be the Xbox, I could see why, Derek has been working on the Xbox version for about a year or 2 now, but it probably wouldn't take this long to transfer it to the Playstation Store or the Microsoft Website or just Spelunky World in general, because what Derek is doing now is Creating the game, not working out the controls (Unless he's doing both)! Also, I don't have an Xbox or an Xbox 360! So if it doesn't come out on another console (Like I thought Alan Wake would), I won't be able to play it! Well, I guess I could watch some LP's of the game in the first place (Like I said before, like Alan Wake), but wouldn't that be sort of getting a head start? I wouldn't of known how to get to Area 2 on the original Spelunky if it wasn't for Arm4g3dd0nX's LP of it. Also, what if it's a boring LP (For the last time, like Alan Wake) and I don't want to look forward to it (This is more like BioShock than Alan Wake, though)? I guess I will, but what if it's *too* much like the original Spelunky, apart from better graphics and bug fixes? Well, I think I've said enough here (Although I don't remember half because I left in the middle of writing this for about 2 or 3 hours), so I am still looking forward to Spelunky XBLA, but I just want to hear the answers to the questions that I've spoken of, so please reply, and I also want to hear if there IS a chance that Spelunky XBLA will ever get to the Playstation store and etc, so help me out, some one!

PS. I forgot to mention it, but every one who is getting offended hear about the cavemen having big lips or John (I'll just call the spelunker that) has a big nose or something, well, I'm offended by you being offended! I enjoyed the first Spelunky quite well, and I am not much of a pixel fan... okay, so maybe I have played Earthbound and Mario Brothers and stuff.... okay, so I AM a pixel fan, so what? Spelunky doesn't require you to be a pixelated game fan of some sort, all it requires you to do is... okay, I'm getting off topic here. Back to the real world, Spelunky had some stuff that made me scream, like the insane difficulty (I wanna be the guy?!?) but it doesn't have ANYTHING I have found offending! So why would you guys pick on Derek about it? That's like buying an M or AO rated game for your children (A perfect example is Conker's Bad Fur Day) and soon realizing that it has sexual stuff or major profanity or what the heck moments to the extreme (I think of Silent Hill here)! Well, I do admit that the Man Eater could of been a bit more offending (By that I mean looking like it will kill you in one freaking touch!), It looks like a cough drop with a steam and teeth! But, as long as it still leads you with a terrible death by trying to *Pet* it, I guess it's okay.  I mean, If it looks like it's dangerous, then why would newbies try touching it (Or better yet, jumping on it, sense almost every thing hurts you when you touch it), they would know it would hurt them! So, I guess good work. Also, the water looks outstanding! I hope you can drown now, just to make things more realistic, and better yet, have a scuba suit or something in crate or a store to buy! But, I think I'm getting pretty long here, so whoever has read it to here, thank you very much! Peace out, Spelunky Fans (Or Spelunky Haters who are just reading this to mock me for liking this game)!

If you stare below your stomach and in between your hips, you will be sexually hypnotized! Wait, you have pants on? Well then take them off! Oh, there stitched on to your legs?! Well, in that case, forget everything I've said!!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
  Print  

Jump to: