Poll
Question: Will you be getting Portal 2 upon its release?
ZOMG, YEAH!! I CAN'T WAIT!
Yeah, I guess.
Never heard of / played portal
No, the price is too steep for me.
I didn't like the first one, so I'm not getting the second one.
I do not plan on getting Portal 2.
I'll get it eventually.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Portal 2  (Read 2495 times)
CozmicKnight
Shoot

Shopkeepers are mean. D:

View Profile Email
« on: March 23, 2010, 12:44:46 AM »

Valve changed the ending to Portal on March 5th, and has recently announced that Portal 2 is coming out around the holidays.

Quote from: IGN
GameStop currently lists the title for Xbox 360 and PC. No PS3 version is coming. The title is due out on October 26, 2010, though that release date may not be final. It's also a full retail release. The Xbox 360 version is $59.99, while PC is $49.99.

Please take the poll above! ^_^
Hayden
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2010, 02:11:21 AM »

I happen to love portal, but it's not in my top priorities. Im making sure that I have enough money to buy CoD7, which will hopefully be released by Treyarch, not Infinity Ward. Infinity ward does a poor job of online play

Anyway, thats very off-topic, so Ill get back on-topic.

I voted "Ill get it eventually". Smiley

I also noticed im the only voter.. Why havn't YOU voted in your poll? Tongue
TailorTF
Bean

Being omnipotent is FUN!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2010, 02:22:03 AM »

I'll get it eventually.The first one crashed on me 80% through.That's what I get for living in Russia,where most games are pirated a.k.a. not working,and internet distribution is horrible.

Don't panic if I don't update much,it's purely natural.
liams
Bulb

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2010, 03:10:53 AM »

Yeah! i played and completed the first portal on the xbox 360.
Im really exited and love the game but as always with new games. i get it a few months after release for the fact that the price will go down from like 40 to 25, but if its a arcade game. Yeah! sounds good. And i disagree, i think infinity ward did great with online multiplayer, well, atleast on the consoles.
beatthelastboss
Mossbaby

The Grue is watching you...

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2010, 06:01:14 AM »

Meh, sequels are never as good as the original, and for a game with such meme-like status, it is bound to be a disaster :\

Inventor of the Spelunky sound-scheme!

http://mossmouth.com/forums/index.php?topic=194.0

Almost-real-time spelunking stats, updated every time I play!

Wins: Nada
Losted: TOO MANY TIMES!!!
Times Reset: 0
Shortcuts: Only the first one...
Rooms unlocked: None

Current mission: Get next s
CozmicKnight
Shoot

Shopkeepers are mean. D:

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2010, 06:47:06 AM »

Well, Valve DID say that it will be their "best game yet", so my hopes are high.
Arucard
Mossy

Hey! Is that CANDY?!?!?

Arucard.Tepes
View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2010, 07:58:51 AM »

Quote from: Valve
"best game yet"
That is highly doubtful, though with the mysterious absence of even a slight word of Episode 3, it is more likely I guess. Portal was a really fun game, but short. The story progression was a big part of it for me, breaking out of the testing areas halfway. Then coming back and moving through some puzzles you already did, but doing them differently. If the sequel keeps the same idea, but makes it feel new, it could be just as good or better. Valve usually treats their games very well anyway, so at worst I think it would still be passable.

Oh, they look like monsters to you?

There's a light in the darkness of everybody's life.
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2010, 10:06:51 AM »

Meh, sequels are never as good as the original, and for a game with such meme-like status, it is bound to be a disaster :\
Did you read about it? These people know what they are doing.

It's not going to be the best game ever or anything like that, but it's going to be a fun and funny game. End of story.

Show your power, Gun Del Hell! Show them their fate! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Here we go! Let's go, go, go, go, Django! Light and Dark! It comes down to this! Be afraid, Sun!
grieck
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2010, 04:31:48 PM »

Portal...when news broke of the sequel me, my cousin, and my girlfriend couldn't shut up about it.

But the price is a bit much...then again this signifies Considerably more content...

CAN'T WAIT!
DungeonPheonix
Bean

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2010, 11:14:40 PM »

I wouldn't correlate price with content quality or quantity. Spelunky is free, for instance, and has been much more enjoyable than some games I've unduly paid for.

Nevertheless, this should be interesting.
q0099
Mosskid

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2010, 02:30:25 PM »

I was a little disappointed when I read new story plot. They get too many characters involved. I mean, there would be only two - Michell and GLaDOS, no one else.

And I was thinking whole first game events was a test brilliantly planned by GLaDOS. It was too railroad. The GLaDOS chamber was too scenery. GLaDOS opened first portal without any portal guns, as simple like that. Why it doesn't opened the portal under Michell, when she escaped? It could threw her in relaxation vault or acid. Or anywhere.

And Kim Swift was gone from the dev team...

TailorTF

You also from Russia?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 02:43:48 PM by q0099 » Logged

Take the time to make some sense of what you want to say and cast your words away upon the waves.
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2010, 02:40:27 PM »

I was a little disappointed when I read new story plot. They get too many characters involved. I mean, there would be only two - Michell and GLaDOS, no one else.

You do know that this game is much longer right?

Show your power, Gun Del Hell! Show them their fate! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Here we go! Let's go, go, go, go, Django! Light and Dark! It comes down to this! Be afraid, Sun!
q0099
Mosskid

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2010, 02:53:51 PM »

Yes, I know. But all these personality cores... It's just too farfetched for me.

Take the time to make some sense of what you want to say and cast your words away upon the waves.
CozmicKnight
Shoot

Shopkeepers are mean. D:

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2010, 07:42:02 PM »

I'm really sorry for necro-bumping this, but when I first saw this I HAD to post it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TMLWRQiC-4
Sageofrage
Mossbaby

Crashinator08
View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2010, 10:13:38 PM »

I'm really sorry for necro-bumping this, but when I first saw this I HAD to post it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TMLWRQiC-4

http://mossmouth.com/forums/index.php?topic=1147.0
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: