Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
  Print  
Author Topic: Online Spelunky Coop Mod  (Read 70422 times)
Sudonimus
Mossy

Stop staring.

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2010, 01:33:24 PM »

I would play with Gummy because that's the only person who I know how plays Spelunky that isn't as great as ipwnu.

ipwnu is pretty good. And I know that he's going to try to go so fast that eventually I can see the bottom of the screen while I'm on the top. (If that's how it's going.)

How is there no such thing as non-existence?!
marsgreekgod
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2010, 03:12:24 PM »

I would play with Gummy because that's the only person who I know how plays Spelunky that isn't as great as ipwnu.

ipwnu is pretty good. And I know that he's going to try to go so fast that eventually I can see the bottom of the screen while I'm on the top. (If that's how it's going.)
Meh I play very slowly. I take my sweet time.

Show your power, Gun Del Hell! Show them their fate! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Here we go! Let's go, go, go, go, Django! Light and Dark! It comes down to this! Be afraid, Sun!
liams
Bulb

View Profile Email
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2010, 03:45:05 PM »

Mgg. same here im quite slow and careful toon sometimes anyway. Well. a suggestion/pipe dream, some sort of chat because it would be somewhat aukward otherwise in some circumstances. maybe like a typing chat thing.
Patrick
Bean

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2010, 05:17:33 PM »

Mgg. same here im quite slow and careful toon sometimes anyway. Well. a suggestion/pipe dream, some sort of chat because it would be somewhat aukward otherwise in some circumstances. maybe like a typing chat thing.
Yes, he has a working chat that it could use, but he won't put it in until he has everything else all working.
Sudonimus
Mossy

Stop staring.

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2010, 05:21:23 PM »

How many players at once?

Patrick
Bean

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2010, 05:24:36 PM »

2 at the moment.
marsgreekgod
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2010, 05:25:08 PM »

Yes, he has a working chat that it could use, but he won't put it in until he has everything else all working.
Ohh? intersting. may I ask more about this?

Show your power, Gun Del Hell! Show them their fate! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Here we go! Let's go, go, go, go, Django! Light and Dark! It comes down to this! Be afraid, Sun!
Patrick
Bean

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2010, 05:57:02 PM »

Ohh? intersting. may I ask more about this?
I think you'd better ask Twitch.  Grin
AresRomanGod
Mossy

I am DEFINITELY not a mod. Flame when you see me.

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2010, 06:06:06 PM »

I'm really excited for this; can't wait to grief all the people who take my items in Spelunky.

Yeah, that's right, if I say I get the jetpack and you take it I'm going to throw you on spikes.

Be afraid.
Sudonimus
Mossy

Stop staring.

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2010, 06:07:23 PM »

...I, uh, don't wanna play with you.

Kirby
Mossy

Too Long Away

nrmario@hotmail.com
View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2010, 06:08:10 PM »

I'll play with anyone. As long as you carry me everywhere.**

GIDDY-UP GENE.

*insert another random line from obscure song here*

**I'll play with anyone even if they don't carry me.

I'm learning Japanese!
Add me on Steam! http://steamcommunity.com/id/KirbyLord/
Sudonimus
Mossy

Stop staring.

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2010, 06:12:19 PM »

If they carry you, there's always the possibility that they...
 Spelunky Dude  Smiley
 Spelunky WallSpelunky WallSpelunky WallSpelunky Wall
 Spelunky Ladder
 Spelunky Ladder      "Y--uh oh."
 Spelunky LadderSpelunky Push BlockSpelunky DamselSpelunky Shopkeeper
 Spelunky WallSpelunky WallSpelunky WallSpelunky Wall

Drop you.

Patrick
Bean

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2010, 06:21:07 PM »

I'm really excited for this; can't wait to grief all the people who take my items in Spelunky.

Yeah, that's right, if I say I get the jetpack and you take it I'm going to throw you on spikes.
We're thinking it'll probably use a system where when one person dies, they come back in the next level with 1hp, and the other person loses 1hp (see page 1).

EDIT: By that I mean, if you kill the other person, you're not doing yourself a favour. Oh and also, you might not be able to pick the other person up.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 06:55:22 PM by Patrick » Logged
marsgreekgod
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2010, 06:49:28 PM »

We're thinking it'll probably use a system where when one person dies, they come back in the next level with 1hp, and the other person loses 1hp (see page 1).
That would be the best way to do such a thing I think

kinnik
Bean

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2010, 10:51:21 PM »

Hey Twitch.  I'm really stoked for the code release!  Grin Grin 
If I can help you with understanding anything, please just ask.
I happen to know alot about the level generation, as this is my favorit part of the program.  I'm making a mod that generates giant labrinths. over 200 rooms so far, with over 500 rooms of space around them and all smooth running with an addition that saves the whole world to the hard drive and only loads the area around the player.  (ie, very little need in the rams memory) 

You could use my code, if you like, to send all the generated info, in a tiny file, to the second player. 

Or you can use the 'random_set_seed()' function so that both players generate the exact same level.. I've played around with this and was able to generate the same level every time I started the first level.

I can forsee many problem either way.. but most are minor to fix I think.
If you want to chat abit about it, PM me some time and we'll chat over google or somthing.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
  Print  

Jump to: