Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
  Print  
Author Topic: Online Spelunky Coop Mod  (Read 70427 times)
Twitch
Shoot

me@tw1tchy.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2010, 04:16:21 AM »

I like that idea better. It will make both players be their best.

How would the menu screen work? If someone goes through the start room or a shortcut room would the game automatically start?

Which creates the question, will everything be unlocked to start with? If not, how would the connection work with one person who hasn't unlocked anything and another has?

One more thing: Will there be two spelunkers, or a spelunker and a damsel?

Edit: Sorry for all the questions. I guess it just sounds really exciting. Smiley

Personally, I'd like to play with MGG. Cheesy

Yes, you, MGG. I just think it'd be fun to play with you. (Okay, I'm thinking of rephrasing that.. Don't take it the wrong way. :l)

Well, if one person goes in a door, it would wait for the other person to go in the door as well, or maybe that/a 10 second counter.

Everything on your game will be unlocked on your game only, if you have damsel, you can switch to damsel, if you have tunnelman, you can switch to tunnelman.
Hayden
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2010, 05:17:00 AM »

Well, there's a couple of holes there:

What if one person goes in one door, and then the other person goes in the other..?

And, would both players have to go into the score room to switch to the damsel?

Also.. How will a level be finished? Will both players have to walk through? And, if one player does walk through, will it go to a spectator mode?

I know I'm probably annoying you with these questions, but I'm just trying to make sure you have everything proofed. Smiley

A few more questions:

Will you be able to play level editor levels? I don't think that would work out well, since both players would probably have to have the .lvl file.

Will there be a chat in the game? Maybe press T to open a chat thing that disables movement and lets you type stuff to send to the other person? (at your own risk). A chat would be very helpful.

How will items work? Will you share them?

Will the spelunkers be ghosts? (Can one spelunker interact with another? For example, can one spelunker stand on the other's head?)

Will favor (for Kali) be shared? Example: P1 sacrifices a yeti (alive), then, P2 sacrifices a yeti (alive). Will P2 get an item to appear, or will he/she just earn 4 favor for themselves?

Sorry for all the questions.. Just want to know the details. If you're getting annoyed, just ask me. I will stop asking so many questions if you want. ;P
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 05:19:16 AM by Hayden » Logged
Ultros
Bean

NetMonster_Maniac@hotmail.com UltrosCMC ultroscmc
View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2010, 05:46:04 AM »

I'd like to have the ability to be a total jerk and sacrifice the other player to Kali.
Twitch
Shoot

me@tw1tchy.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2010, 05:59:54 AM »

Well, there's a couple of holes there:

What if one person goes in one door, and then the other person goes in the other..?

And, would both players have to go into the score room to switch to the damsel?

Also.. How will a level be finished? Will both players have to walk through? And, if one player does walk through, will it go to a spectator mode?

I know I'm probably annoying you with these questions, but I'm just trying to make sure you have everything proofed. Smiley

A few more questions:

Will you be able to play level editor levels? I don't think that would work out well, since both players would probably have to have the .lvl file.

Will there be a chat in the game? Maybe press T to open a chat thing that disables movement and lets you type stuff to send to the other person? (at your own risk). A chat would be very helpful.

How will items work? Will you share them?

Will the spelunkers be ghosts? (Can one spelunker interact with another? For example, can one spelunker stand on the other's head?)

Will favor (for Kali) be shared? Example: P1 sacrifices a yeti (alive), then, P2 sacrifices a yeti (alive). Will P2 get an item to appear, or will he/she just earn 4 favor for themselves?

Sorry for all the questions.. Just want to know the details. If you're getting annoyed, just ask me. I will stop asking so many questions if you want. ;P

Me and Patrick have discussed most of these, and don't be sorry, I'm fine with questions!

1: I'm thinking I might just instant switch when one player enters a door to avoid these things.

2: Nope.

3: Yeah.

4: Yeah, editor levels should work if I get level gen-levels sending over.

5: Yes, probably once I've finished, I already have code for a chat, I just shove it in.

6: If I pick up an item, I have that item.

7: They'll phase through eachother, but you can whip eachother.

8: I was thinking of making favor shared, and it gives two items/kapalas when you get enough favor.
marsgreekgod
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2010, 10:18:38 AM »

Personally, I'd like to play with MGG. Cheesy

Yes, you, MGG. I just think it'd be fun to play with you. (Okay, I'm thinking of rephrasing that.. Don't take it the wrong way. :l)

Um.. thanks? I guess?

Show your power, Gun Del Hell! Show them their fate! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Here we go! Let's go, go, go, go, Django! Light and Dark! It comes down to this! Be afraid, Sun!
AresRomanGod
Mossy

I am DEFINITELY not a mod. Flame when you see me.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2010, 12:57:47 PM »

Nobody wants to see mah Spelunky skills?

FINE. I'll go get eguee as my buddy.

Hmph.

Be afraid.
marsgreekgod
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2010, 01:32:43 PM »

Nobody wants to see mah Spelunky skills?

FINE. I'll go get eguee as my buddy.

Hmph.
No we are all just to humble to ask

Show your power, Gun Del Hell! Show them their fate! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Here we go! Let's go, go, go, go, Django! Light and Dark! It comes down to this! Be afraid, Sun!
Hayden
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2010, 04:50:34 PM »

Me and Patrick have discussed most of these, and don't be sorry, I'm fine with questions!

1: I'm thinking I might just instant switch when one player enters a door to avoid these things.

2: Nope.

3: Yeah.

4: Yeah, editor levels should work if I get level gen-levels sending over.

5: Yes, probably once I've finished, I already have code for a chat, I just shove it in.

6: If I pick up an item, I have that item.

7: They'll phase through eachother, but you can whip eachother.

8: I was thinking of making favor shared, and it gives two items/kapalas when you get enough favor.

Sweet. I'm guessing you'll be finished quite soon? ;P

Edit: Will you be including the GPS device in this mod? Cheesy
Patrick
Bean

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2010, 02:01:09 AM »

Will you be including the GPS device in this mod? Cheesy
We think so, cos it's the sort of item that suits a Coop Mod.
Hayden
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2010, 01:02:09 AM »

Why are people not making a bigger fuss about this? ONLINE CO-OP, PEOPLE!
marsgreekgod
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2010, 01:18:38 AM »

Why are people not making a bigger fuss about this? ONLINE CO-OP, PEOPLE!
Becuse as cool as it sounds we don't know if it's going to work yet? and theres no proof yet? Becuse a new person posted it we don't know if we can trust evne tho thats a mean thing to do?

(sorry but it's true...)

Hayden
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2010, 01:23:37 AM »

Yes, but everyone was fussing about the idea of the non-online co-op mod, even when no one could guarantee that would happen..

Twitch did say that his progress with the mod was quite far along, and I'm sure he'd be updating us more if we'd ask..
kinnik
Bean

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2010, 01:25:12 AM »

Heya twitch!  Yeah, I'd love to play this!  I'm helping abit with the other multiplayer mod and it has been ALOT harder than you made it sound.  The code specific to player1 is strune throughtout all the objects and scripts so even the 'simple' task of putting objects in player2's hands instead of p1 is a big problem.  I would put my money on this being alot harder than you may think. Wink

Yup!  MMG's got it right... (as much as you kinda bug me sometimes, you do know your sh*t.)

Show me tha money!  o god, did i say that?

That said, maybe online will turn out easyer for you, seeing as both players are p1 to thier computer?? ... or maybe you just got mad skillz!  If either is so... SICK!! I'll be playing your mod ALOT.

So please give us an update on where your at now.

maybe after you finish you will help us out with some other 'easy' stuff...
Orr... (everyone probly knows what I say next)  maybe you will release your source code???  Pleaaaase??  I'll be your friend...  

Seriously, will you give your code?

Anyway, I wish you much skill in your endevour! Smiley
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 01:27:53 AM by kinnik » Logged
Twitch
Shoot

me@tw1tchy.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2010, 01:44:28 AM »

Heya twitch!  Yeah, I'd love to play this!  I'm helping abit with the other multiplayer mod and it has been ALOT harder than you made it sound.  The code specific to player1 is strune throughtout all the objects and scripts so even the 'simple' task of putting objects in player2's hands instead of p1 is a big problem.  I would put my money on this being alot harder than you may think. Wink

Yup!  MMG's got it right... (as much as you kinda bug me sometimes, you do know your sh*t.)

Show me tha money!  o god, did i say that?

That said, maybe online will turn out easyer for you, seeing as both players are p1 to thier computer?? ... or maybe you just got mad skillz!  If either is so... SICK!! I'll be playing your mod ALOT.

So please give us an update on where your at now.

maybe after you finish you will help us out with some other 'easy' stuff...
Orr... (everyone probly knows what I say next)  maybe you will release your source code???  Pleaaaase??  I'll be your friend...  

Seriously, will you give your code?

Anyway, I wish you much skill in your endevour! Smiley

Hey there Kinnik. Yeah, the code specific to oPlayer1 is very very annoying, and I'm having to re-code all his code basically. And yes, when I am completed, I will release the source code.

My current progress right now is the level generation. When you generate a level, a key is made for item and block placement. Now I get that string, and I send it over the network to the other player, which they can then hopefully use to generate the identical level. Now in theory, it works. But in practice, it's very confusing in how Derek generates his levels.
Kegluneq
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2010, 07:31:02 AM »

Wouldn't it be easier to find the seed?
Or is that what you mean by key.

(Programmer talk, if you don't know what a seed is, Google if you must know.)

A wild SHINY MOSSY appeared!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
  Print  

Jump to: