Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Del's fail attempt at a mod  (Read 8593 times)
AresRomanGod
Mossy

I am DEFINITELY not a mod. Flame when you see me.

View Profile
« on: March 10, 2010, 02:11:05 PM »

I finally got Game Maker 8, and I'm completely confused. My first mod will contain something, but for me to test it properly I need to have to be able to summon a ghost in the level editor. Anybody know what to do?

EDIT: I've put in a ghost tile in level editor, and I've added the code of Level Editor to include the ghost in the list. I just can't get to it.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 02:13:58 PM by DeLGato232 » Logged

Be afraid.
grieck
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2010, 02:20:27 PM »

I've been messing with the ghost and waiting for him in the Main Game, did some interesting things but still can't make him tangible and Actually Killable.
banna8
Mossbaby

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2010, 02:26:57 PM »

I've been messing with the ghost and waiting for him in the Main Game, did some interesting things but still can't make him tangible and Actually Killable.

Ok guys, sorry, but im going to have to ruin your hunt for the answer.

As you can see, the ghost's parent is oDrawnsprite, rather than oEnemy. This makes it so the ghost has none of the collision events that normal enemies have. Either copy them over, or make the ghost's parent oEnemy. (Be aware that the collision with bullets is controlled by the bullet, not by the enemy)
grieck
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2010, 02:32:00 PM »

No, no I don't see that.
AresRomanGod
Mossy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2010, 02:54:07 PM »

Sorry, still can't. And yeah, you suck glennrieck. I was gonna do that. Okay, now I got the ghost to be killed. Only thing is that the god-damned ghost won't change animation when I go to the other side. By that I mean:

X is the Spelunker.

LL
LL   Is the ghost.

X      LL
        LL

He'd be facing the right all the time.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 03:08:58 PM by DeLGato232 » Logged

Be afraid.
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2010, 02:57:12 PM »

Ok guys, sorry, but im going to have to ruin your hunt for the answer.

As you can see, the ghost's parent is oDrawnsprite, rather than oEnemy. This makes it so the ghost has none of the collision events that normal enemies have. Either copy them over, or make the ghost's parent oEnemy. (Be aware that the collision with bullets is controlled by the bullet, not by the enemy)
One coudl change it to oEnemy, do the bullet thing, then put a end this event where solids are so he doesn't care. Or go to the enemy thing and say "if ghost" then don't do this.

Show your power, Gun Del Hell! Show them their fate! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Here we go! Let's go, go, go, go, Django! Light and Dark! It comes down to this! Be afraid, Sun!
grieck
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2010, 02:59:08 PM »

Sorry, still can't. And yeah, you suck glennrieck. I was gonna do that.

I'm just using the ghost as a testing of doing such modding, once I get the Undead Piranha I could remove my ghost features if you wish.

And if you don't want me too there is still alot you could do with the ghost, I only made him a friendly, creepy, indestructible, instantly appearing stalker.
AresRomanGod
Mossy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2010, 03:10:36 PM »

I'm just using the ghost as a testing of doing such modding, once I get the Undead Piranha I could remove my ghost features if you wish.

And if you don't want me too there is still alot you could do with the ghost, I only made him a friendly, creepy, indestructible, instantly appearing stalker.

I'm actually going to try making the ghost a playable character (Obviously 1 tile). I'm trying to make him fall slower, float permanently, and he'll have 6 extra health, but he won't be able to use certain items.

Be afraid.
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2010, 03:17:36 PM »

I'm actually going to try making the ghost a playable character (Obviously 1 tile). I'm trying to make him fall slower, float permanently, and he'll have 6 extra health, but he won't be able to use certain items.
Changing gravty at key press is a good way to do floating. a weak pera jet back that you can't see woudl be a cheap easy way to that to

Show your power, Gun Del Hell! Show them their fate! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Here we go! Let's go, go, go, go, Django! Light and Dark! It comes down to this! Be afraid, Sun!
gummybears123
Mossy

Yummy Gummy!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2010, 07:30:05 PM »

I know how to change gravity,  jump height (3 ways), and floating (slowly down, stay on same elevation, AND slowly up)

But you can't add float and glide at the same time

I made a rap.
It sounds dumb, like reading a map
I really should stop this thing before it goes too far
But I don't really car as long as I stay below the radar
Those big companies won't get me no
I'll get away before the fuzz show

-Most famous rapper of Mossmouth
Kirbylord
Del Bel
Bean

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2014, 08:59:25 PM »

Hey, stop talking about me. Lol

Del Bel / Beat
Bean

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2014, 01:52:13 AM »

halibabica
Bossy
Mossy

old guard

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2014, 05:36:28 AM »

Welcome back.

*banned for necropost*

Sometimes I wonder if I like Spelunky too much.
ManTrap mod - Tastes Like Spelunky
Hand-drawn comic - Spelunkying
Del Bel / Beat
Bean

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2014, 12:31:01 PM »

Not!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: