Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
  Print  
Author Topic: Magic Signs 2.2.3  (Read 24886 times)
Urza
Mossbaby

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: April 01, 2014, 12:04:58 AM »

OK, what do you mean by "goes over the sign", precisely? If you just mean touches it, you don't need to check variables at all, just use T=oPlayer1 and D=8 or something like that.

EDIT:  I previously wrote O=oPlayer1 above. It should be T for target (O is options, not object). This has been corrected.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 03:44:58 PM by Urza » Logged
br4dl3y
Shoot

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 02, 2014, 02:56:22 PM »

So i was trying to make a Donkey Kong game, per request from my little bro, and I was wondering if I can manipulate the way the boulder works more than the initial speed? Like, the way it bounces and the way it ricochets off walls are controlled by scripts, rather than variables, do i need to actually mod the game to change those or can MS do it?
Urza
Mossbaby

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 02, 2014, 10:51:22 PM »

Gee, I donno. I won't say it can't be done with magic signs, but it doesn't sound easy. I might be able to give you a better answer if you explain in more detail what you want to do/change. Also I think there's a glitch where the frozen zone can make the boulder stop prematurely. You probably won't be able to fix that with magic signs.
br4dl3y
Shoot

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 11, 2014, 05:16:13 PM »

Okay, could I change it so that after a boulder hits a hardblock, instead of losing half of it's velocity when it bounces back the other way, I could have it lose a third? Or none at all?
Urza
Mossbaby

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 12, 2014, 10:04:01 PM »

Stopping the boulder from slowing down at all is probably the only easy option. This seems to work okay, you need two signs, one for each direction, placed near where the boulder appears:

%t=oBoulder,d=99%%a=oBoulder,v=xVel,n=0.1,o=a>r%?*a%K?xVel=3
%t=oBoulder,d=99%%a=oBoulder,v=xVel,n=-0.1,o=a<r%?*a%K?xVel=-3

The 3 and -3 on the ends are the speed. The normal starting speed is 4.5, so this is a little bit slower, you should be able to adjust that.

The main problem I see with this method is you need two signs like that for each boulder. It's possible to have a sign create more signs (the SPAWN "super command", is the best way), but it'll still be fairly complicated to make everything work.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
  Print  

Jump to: