Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEWS] Spelunky XBLA Screenshots!  (Read 18867 times)
Ambitious Sloth
Bulb

Tenacious Scribbler

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2010, 09:36:20 PM »

Wow it looks great!
It's really quite stunning.

I'm curious though, those pots look colossal, how does the spelunker hold them?
Pic, plz?

But on the topic of big, the gem also looks weird in that respect.

None of these are problems though, just my personal style choice.

"I am the King of all I can see" -bug
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2010, 09:46:15 PM »

You know looking closer it's really only the screen shot you posted here that he doesn't looks so good other wise, great a+

Show your power, Gun Del Hell! Show them their fate! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Here we go! Let's go, go, go, go, Django! Light and Dark! It comes down to this! Be afraid, Sun!
gummybears123
Mossy

Yummy Gummy!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2010, 09:52:29 PM »

So, how would this work on Live?  Multiplayer?

I made a rap.
It sounds dumb, like reading a map
I really should stop this thing before it goes too far
But I don't really car as long as I stay below the radar
Those big companies won't get me no
I'll get away before the fuzz show

-Most famous rapper of Mossmouth
Kirbylord
idoru
Shoot

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2010, 09:53:48 PM »

Looks great. I like the backgrounds a lot. Can't wait to see the other two areas and some of the boss enemies.
grieck
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2010, 10:31:52 PM »

So, how would this work on Live?  Multiplayer?

It's not Live, just downloadable from the Xbox Live Arcade.
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2010, 10:33:06 PM »

Well it could be live he hasn't said it won't.

But this does look epic I really like the girl Smiley

Show your power, Gun Del Hell! Show them their fate! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Here we go! Let's go, go, go, go, Django! Light and Dark! It comes down to this! Be afraid, Sun!
Hayden
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2010, 12:12:16 AM »

Oh cool! Smiley

Uh.. Will there be a level editor in this game? Smiley

I'd love a level editor. And a possibility to be able to share your levels online? Cheesy

Just sort-of thinking out loud here.

Anyway, it looks epic. I'm totally saving up at least 1200 point for this.

Edit: I wonder who will create the first thread not created by Derek, in this beautiful board. Totally off-topic, but, eh. I still have on-topic information above.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 12:31:48 AM by Hayden » Logged
Delver
Bean

View Profile Email
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2010, 02:51:11 AM »

Great work! Please post more; want to see the new caveman and the shopkeeper and, and... video/trailer?

q0099
Mosskid

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2010, 06:26:25 AM »

Mr. Derek, forgive me for my rudeness, but maybe you should remove bevel effect from numbers, make it plane white with thick outline. They would be seen much like info, and would not merge with environment.

Everything else is looking great.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 06:31:05 AM by q0099 » Logged

Take the time to make some sense of what you want to say and cast your words away upon the waves.
Arucard
Mossy

Hey! Is that CANDY?!?!?

Arucard.Tepes
View Profile Email
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2010, 08:20:48 AM »

Yeah, looks awesome I like the "censored" Kali statue.  Cheesy And hate to break it to you guys, this will cost so no it won't be on PC.

Edit: sorry had to take Lil' to school

He stated a while back that progress on the PC version will continue however, and if it's the graphics you want, there's no reason a talented artist couldn't update them with the source.

I also agree that the carry objects (pot, skull) look a bit large and wonder if the characters will get a new animation for carrying (which I imagine the case being) rather than it just showing up in front of their sprites.

Edit: I wonder who will create the first thread not created by Derek, in this beautiful board.
It will be me!
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 08:48:09 AM by Arucard » Logged

Oh, they look like monsters to you?

There's a light in the darkness of everybody's life.
BigWeather
Seedling

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2010, 08:51:31 AM »

While I love the new look I would also love the option to play with the original graphics, if at all possible.  There is a charm to them that I'll miss otherwise.  Regardless, can't wait to play this on my 360!
Dudemaster
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2010, 10:35:07 AM »

INCREDIBLE!!

Wow, Mr. Yu is really creating his own art style here. I am most impressed, and perhaps even jaw-dropped by this masterful piece of art (and gameplay, but this is so beautiful I just cannot speak about the gameplay now).

As on
those pots look colossal, how does the spelunker hold them?
True, they do. Perhaps a bit less wide?

Also, what does gold look like in the game? It seems that there is no gold in the rocks or on the ground in the screenshot, so could you show us what it looks like? Gamma and brightness might also be a problem, because unless you make gold very bright and shiny (in keeping with the cartoonish character of the game, one could say), it would be very hard to see gold lying in front of the spelunker, for example. Could you illustrate what the gold looks like with a screenshot?

I love the new light around the spelunker by the way! An excellent idea that makes the XBLA version all the more interesting to look at!
Sudonimus
Mossy

Stop staring.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2010, 02:12:58 PM »

Oh my god.

How is there no such thing as non-existence?!
Link152
Seedling

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2010, 03:28:00 PM »

Wow, I have been eagerly awaiting news of the XBLA version since it was originally released, and I have to say, I'm not dissappointed.  I love the new art style, and look forward to playing the great game in HD on a widescreen TV.  That being said, I would like to throw in a small suggestion.  For the purists out there, would it be at all possible to add in an option to play with the old graphics?  R-Type Dimensions did this quite well, allowing you to switch back and forth between new HD graphics and the classic look of the game.  Aside from that suggestion, I am quite looking forward to any other new information that comes out for this version of the game.  Keep up the good work!
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 05:16:55 PM by Link152 » Logged
kinnik
Bean

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2010, 05:12:58 PM »

Yeah. I like the initial wow factor for something new. But I'm sure I would miss the beautiful pixelized goodness of the origonal.  I incurage you to include both. 

Maybe the origonal art as an unlock for beating the game?!

Also, is it fully imposible to get this without internet?  the only friend I have with Xbox360 is too poor to have the web.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
  Print  

Jump to: