Yay! just finished this mod with the newest changes! My goodness, this is tough...
- right-facing evil arrow traps seem to have broken once again.
- the gray spider is trapped by its ow webs, and is now very easy to kill.
- I've found ways to adapt to the ufo's, they take a little practice. You'll NEED a gun, and try and aim for the point of origin of the off-screen fireballs. Then move in that direction, and the ufo's will be done for. I can't say I really like this way of fighting, but I'm happy to notice there is an alternative to rushing. I like to kill enemies and get stuff, and this approach allows me to keep on playing my own style.
- laser-spike pits of death: an entire pit of these things is an impressive sight to behold. Crossing them would be likewise as impressive.
- yeti king is utter awsome. Scary but awesome.
- bomb dropping by gun-toting neanderthals is still borked.
- 'hawnting' in intro. There might be a spelling mistake somwhere in the jungle as well, but it might also be a thing of the past.
- some items do not display on inter-level-sceens (new guns, cape)
- some items do not display in upgrade-list in the top of the screen (cape, parachute)
- hawkman resistant to whips is a questionable idea. +health or slighly decreased k.o. time might be better. Facing them without a weapon is almost certain death, which is kind of much for a common hawkman.
- spiders hang is nome pretty akward places nowdays. at the base of a plant above jungle spike pit is pretty nast, as well as above the entrance in area 4.
-staff toting hawkmen are extremely cool.
- I've yet to encounter golden fish.
-just played another run and got the bombgun for the first time. OH MY GOD! That thing is the portable nuke for spelunky. It singlehandedly owns about everything, and made fighting the giant head a piece of cake. None the less, I love it, so keep it