Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Icons for level feelings  (Read 5190 times)
Enrymion
Shoot

View Profile Email
« on: September 02, 2009, 04:20:49 AM »

Having own icon for each level feeling in addition to just text would be nice as it can be quite easy to miss what they were if you dont pay attention also there aren't that many things in the game that require being able to read english besides them.

member number 24.
Phasma Felis
Shoot

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2009, 04:24:10 PM »

The level feelings are really just courtesies, though. They don't tell you anything you won't notice while actually exploring the level.

Maybe Derek could make it easier for people to do fan translations? I dunno.
Enrymion
Shoot

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2009, 02:30:24 AM »

There'd be very little to translate so making translation unnecessary seems simpler.   Cheesy
Altough translations even if unnecessary would probably help make the game more known and approachable. Undecided

Generally I prefer if things are also told in some way without text when possible as it's usually easier for brains to connect and understand something more visual. Which is why I'd also suggest that sacrificing should have some more visual effect that would make it clear that a sacrifice was made and not something else. A flash of light or something.

member number 24.
Delmion
Bean

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2009, 03:55:44 PM »

Which is why I'd also suggest that sacrificing should have some more visual effect that would make it clear that a sacrifice was made and not something else. A flash of light or something.
Oh?  Doesn't a normally-solid body vanishing in blood, on top of a bloody altar, do enough?  Or are you interested in something more like a visual indication of how much favor you have earned with Kali?

--Delmion
Enrymion
Shoot

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2009, 03:54:45 AM »

Oh?  Doesn't a normally-solid body vanishing in blood, on top of a bloody altar, do enough?  Or are you interested in something more like a visual indication of how much favor you have earned with Kali?

--Delmion
Most enemies disappear in a rain of blood so when an enemy that hasn't disappeared disappears it isn't that surprising or in any way special looking so no it doesn't do enough. But if there was also some unique effect that couldn't be confused as something else it'd look less like some random thing or a bug happened to destroy the body and more like a sacrifice.

member number 24.
Anifanatic
Bean

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2009, 09:40:39 AM »

I think having a blood covered altar of sacrifice (easy to come to that conclusion), and the text coming up to let you know how Kali feels, makes it pretty obvious. Same as a spike trap killing and being bloody is obvious. =/
Kegluneq
Big Bossy
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2009, 02:10:27 PM »

Honestly, the first time I played this, I thought the red was just decorative color, not blood.

A wild SHINY MOSSY appeared!
johnnoz
Bean

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2009, 08:17:28 PM »

Hmm, yeah i've got to agree that, while the current effect works, a slightly more 'magical' looking one would get the point across better and just plain look nicer.

Maybe the altar itself could glow when you sacrifice?
Anifanatic
Bean

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2009, 08:36:46 PM »

Hmm, yeah i've got to agree that, while the current effect works, a slightly more 'magical' looking one would get the point across better and just plain look nicer.

Maybe the altar itself could glow when you sacrifice?

I don't see what's the hard part about "Kali is pleased with your sacrifice" being misinterpreted as not sacrificing the guy and killing him. =/ Besides, making an icon for everything just means you have to write out what each icon is somewhere else. Is language the problem, for non-English speakers?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: