Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Request your GML codes here!  (Read 5863 times)
Nehemek
Shoot

View Profile Email
« on: January 14, 2013, 06:08:35 PM »

Using game maker? Don't know how to do something? Need a code?
Well request your gml codes here Smiley!
How this works? Is very simple:
Guy1 : How do I add gravity that is easy to understeand and I don't need to look trough all the spelunky scripts and then smash my head into the screen until I understeand it?
Me : Oh simple in step of your object put... (too long).

NOTE: I am assuming that you are making your own game separated from Spelunky, because some functions or my codes might break spelunky (because for example, there are over 200 ways to do gravity and platform in game maker...)

Current Mentors in the Request topic:
-Nehemek (Me)
-Nathan Cash
Want to join? Just post that you want to join and that you are experienced in game maker, that way you can help others too : ).
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 07:30:15 PM by Nehemek » Logged

Very Advanced Game Maker Developer.<br />If you need help ask me Wink I can try to help you.
Nathan
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 06:58:50 PM »

This looks like a promising topic. Ill join the "experienced users" list. I'm not amazing but I get stuff done Cheesy

Nehemek
Shoot

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 07:32:22 PM »

Added!

Very Advanced Game Maker Developer.<br />If you need help ask me Wink I can try to help you.
halibabica
Bossy
Mossy

old guard

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2013, 08:09:37 PM »

Not to be a stick-in-the-mud, but this is what the Game Maker Help Thread is for already. Shocked

Sometimes I wonder if I like Spelunky too much.
ManTrap mod - Tastes Like Spelunky
Hand-drawn comic - Spelunkying
Nehemek
Shoot

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2013, 08:43:07 PM »

Nah, that thread is more like "What this does?" this topic is more like "How to, show me pre made ways or all those methods you mentioned about".

Nathan
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2013, 09:57:10 PM »

Not to be a stick-in-the-mud, but this is what the Game Maker Help Thread is for already. Shocked

Didn't think of that. But this is the place where we DO write code for people Cheesy

halibabica
Bossy
Mossy

old guard

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2013, 05:48:28 AM »

I think they're similar enough that one could serve both purposes. After all, this thread still helps developers, just in a more direct way.

Sometimes I wonder if I like Spelunky too much.
ManTrap mod - Tastes Like Spelunky
Hand-drawn comic - Spelunkying
Rollin45
Seedling

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2013, 02:00:23 AM »

Didn't think of that. But this is the place where we DO write code for people Cheesy

Waiting for the code..Smiley

Nathan
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2013, 01:26:42 PM »

Ask how to do something, and I will be glad to write you code!

leo76
Seedling

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2013, 04:23:15 AM »

GML is a rather simple-minded beast, it only knows two data types:strings and numbers. Everything else (objects, sprites, scripts, data structures, instances and so on) is represented with a number in your GML code.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 04:34:58 AM by leo76 » Logged
Wonkyth
Big Bossy
Mossy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2013, 10:04:50 AM »

GML is a rather simple-minded beast, it only knows two data types:strings and numbers. Everything else (objects, sprites, scripts, data structures, instances and so on) is represented with a number in your GML code.
If it makes you feel any better, most languages only have a very few value types, and the rest are all reference (i.e. a number [pointer]). Wink

Can you read the wry? Can you FEEL the wry?!
Moloch
Mosskid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2013, 07:18:51 PM »

If it makes you feel any better, most languages only have a very few value types, and the rest are all reference (i.e. a number [pointer]). Wink

Tee-hee.. Wonkyth replies to a bot.

Wonkyth
Big Bossy
Mossy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2013, 11:30:34 AM »

Tee-hee.. Wonkyth replies to a bot.
Yeah, I know. xD

Can you read the wry? Can you FEEL the wry?!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: