Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Most Recent Movie You've Seen?  (Read 54161 times)
Wonkyth
Big Bossy
Mossy

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 27, 2012, 02:14:49 AM »

For now. Tongue

Can you read the wry? Can you FEEL the wry?!
Skoke
Mossy

Ballin'

View Profile Email
« Reply #46 on: July 27, 2012, 08:44:18 AM »

I am aware the Nolan trilogy is done. But the way the movie ends leads me to believe he will become Nightwing
Nathan
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2012, 09:02:14 AM »

I think he is going to be batman

Skoke
Mossy

Ballin'

View Profile Email
« Reply #48 on: July 27, 2012, 09:07:59 AM »

I think that he has more respect for the suit than to take on the mantle of the bat

Plus in the comics robin (dick grayson) grows up to be Nightwing
Nathan
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #49 on: July 27, 2012, 01:26:40 PM »

Oh really? Someone told me he became batman after bruce died in the comics

Skoke
Mossy

Ballin'

View Profile Email
« Reply #50 on: July 27, 2012, 06:00:38 PM »

He did temporarily but it wasnt permenant
Arucard
Mossy

Hey! Is that CANDY?!?!?

Arucard.Tepes
View Profile Email
« Reply #51 on: July 28, 2012, 05:14:32 AM »

I watched Thor and Immortals in the same week, double-shot of confused Greek mythos. Immortals especially was confusing for the little changes from the actual myths. Like that gods and titans were the same(?) but the winners of the war called themselves gods? I don't know it was strange, but the movie actually wasn't that bad.

Thor was a little bad, but I never really read the comics. I assume it was pretty faithful to that, but Loki was still the best character even if overacted a bit.

Oh, they look like monsters to you?

There's a light in the darkness of everybody's life.
Skoke
Mossy

Ballin'

View Profile Email
« Reply #52 on: July 28, 2012, 09:29:48 AM »

Well I always assumed the greek gods and titans were about the same. Humans give birth to humans not sheep. I assumed they looked the same-ish and were about the same power. The percy jackson books made Kronos out to be like a billion times more  powerful than all the gods while typhon should have been the most powerful thing. It should only take one god, two for an advantage to beat a titan
Arucard
Mossy

Hey! Is that CANDY?!?!?

Arucard.Tepes
View Profile Email
« Reply #53 on: July 29, 2012, 06:14:14 AM »

I suppose technically they are the same, since Zeus is the son of Cronos, just seems explained very strangely in the movie. Like they literally say the winners just called themselves gods. In the movie, the titans actually were just human sized, but apparently were also ninjas. I think the (classic) titans were devoid of any powers though, besides being huge and hard to kill I guess.

Also, I'm an idiot; Thor is from Norse mythology of course, not Greek, which I apparently overlooked back there.

Skoke
Mossy

Ballin'

View Profile Email
« Reply #54 on: July 29, 2012, 10:42:26 AM »

Norse gods are cool cause they can be killed by things like mistletoe
Nathan
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #55 on: July 29, 2012, 01:02:06 PM »

I just saw captain america. I have to say it was not very good

Arucard
Mossy

Hey! Is that CANDY?!?!?

Arucard.Tepes
View Profile Email
« Reply #56 on: August 01, 2012, 04:59:22 AM »

Oh! I totally forgot, I went to see Abe Lincoln: Vampire Hunter, I think it was the opening weekend actually. It was much better than you would think, not really campy at all (which I expected) but even in it's seriousness it didn't seem stupid. Still just a dumb action flick really but it was enjoyable.

@Mvskoke
I like both Greek and Norse because of the way their gods are portrayed in a human light. They have temptations and desires instead of being boring perfect beings of flawlessness. This is why I liked Loki in the Thor movie, he seems a petty jealous twat at first, but there are points where you can see he really didn't mean harm and is obviously remorseful. Like the underachieving sibling in his older brothers shadow, I thought that played out well.

Pteriforever
Mosskid

View Profile Email
« Reply #57 on: August 03, 2012, 12:27:06 AM »

Some sureal yet boring movie about this high school girl who turns out to actually be king arthur. I'm a little hazy on the details.
Del Bel
Bean

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #58 on: March 26, 2014, 08:38:01 PM »

The Wind Rises! It's good!

fanneyjack
Seedling

View Profile Email
« Reply #59 on: April 15, 2014, 02:22:31 AM »

Pacific Rim (blu-ray).

I really enjoyed watching this movie. It's really just a big action and CGI spectacle, but I like the theme and style of it. You can really see where the inspiration comes from. It's not all that different from the anime series Neon Genesis Evangelion, when it comes to the over all theme. This feels like a movie that you either hate or love. I'm leaning towards the latter.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  

Jump to: