Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]
  Print  
Author Topic: SpelunKi  (Read 56833 times)
Kitoari
Bulb

Behold, the awesomeness that is BOMBROPE!

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: April 18, 2010, 04:54:30 PM »

Screen filling laser cannon.
Your wish is my command.

Spur Q/A:
Q: WTF is the Spur?
A: It's an awesome weapon from Cave Story, the (generally agreed upon) best upgrade for your starting weapon, the polar star. It shoots lasers!
Q: So, how does it work in SpelunKi?
A: Screenshot time!

The spelunker holding the spur.

It shoots a polar star pellet when you fire. But after that...

LASER PEW PEW!
Q: That's Awesome! How do you unlock it?
A: By upgrading the polar star.
Q: Well, how do you do that?
A: Heheheh.
Q: Well, how do you get the Polar Star?
A: Not telling.
Q: You suck.
A: That's not a question.
Audioworm
Mossy

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 18, 2010, 04:59:24 PM »

WOOT! CAVE STORY WEAPON! WOOT WOOT WOOT!
I am SO downloading this mod when it's done.

Kitoari
Bulb

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 18, 2010, 05:42:55 PM »

The newly finished BASTARD MODE!
Things bastard mode does:
Explosions out of nowhere!
Snakes out of nowhere!
Mummies out of nowhere!
Exploding Exits!

All this and morrrreeeeeee!
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #153 on: April 18, 2010, 05:52:41 PM »

you really forgot what this start as didn't you?

Show your power, Gun Del Hell! Show them their fate! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Here we go! Let's go, go, go, go, Django! Light and Dark! It comes down to this! Be afraid, Sun!
Kitoari
Bulb

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 18, 2010, 05:55:51 PM »

Point taken.

This is mostly me getting used to working with GM again before I start doing actual work.
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #155 on: April 18, 2010, 06:06:41 PM »

Point taken.

This is mostly me getting used to working with GM again before I start doing actual work.
Ok then...

suggeston:
Bomb rock cannon.

Show your power, Gun Del Hell! Show them their fate! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Here we go! Let's go, go, go, go, Django! Light and Dark! It comes down to this! Be afraid, Sun!
Kegluneq
Big Bossy
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #156 on: April 18, 2010, 09:22:20 PM »

How is the bomb rope going to work?
IIRC, there is a separate inventory slot for bomb ropes?

This is just a suggestion, but it'd be neat if bomb ropes took one bomb and one rope (duh) but could have two different modes (functions? versions?). One where you hold a bomb and press the rope key, and another where you hold a rope and press the bomb key.

A wild SHINY MOSSY appeared!
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #157 on: April 18, 2010, 09:28:08 PM »

How is the bomb rope going to work?
IIRC, there is a separate inventory slot for bomb ropes?

This is just a suggestion, but it'd be neat if bomb ropes took one bomb and one rope (duh) but could have two different modes (functions? versions?). One where you hold a bomb and press the rope key, and another where you hold a rope and press the bomb key.
I... really like this idea!

Kitoari
Bulb

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 28, 2010, 07:50:00 PM »

Ugh.

I'm sorry guys. The drive's just not there anymore. With Yoyo's 6th contest, I'd rather focus my energies on that. I might pick this up once I'm done with my entry for that, but...
 Sad
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #159 on: May 29, 2010, 01:10:28 PM »

Ugh.

I'm sorry guys. The drive's just not there anymore. With Yoyo's 6th contest, I'd rather focus my energies on that. I might pick this up once I'm done with my entry for that, but...
 Sad

Yoyo's 6th contest?

yoyo?

Oh yoyo games.... right game maker people.

they have contests?

Bae
Mossy

Pro YoCo strats #AGDQ2014 #GYCL

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 13, 2010, 04:52:12 AM »

Party member Baekara used Resurrection!

I can't help it if that's my skill.
At least I post genuine content and not just shameless necromancy.

Quote from: Kitoari
I'm just making sure that if this thread would devolve into OMGHE'S13 for three pages like it has on other communities, I'd get it over with sooner rather than later.

I read He as She and was wondering why people were referring to you with the wrong gender. NONETHELESS all you underaged programming prodigies make me feel old at sixteen...

DOES THE CURSED SCEPTER SPAWN A GHOST!? Cheesy

No, he put cavestory references into the game, it obviously shoots ducks.

Oh I just got an idea for the blessed teleporter - Hopefully possible Wink

If you're trying to teleport with it, but your character would end up being squished in the cave walls, it'll just play a dud sound instead, to stop you from dying, so that you can teleport safely through the caves. ^.^

Edit: I bet that all of these suggestions we're making is putting alot of weight on his shoulders, so we should probably back off a bit.

Could always make it work like the TLS Compass+Teleporter Combo which gives you a reticule

Something to note: I am open to all suggestions. Yes, all of them (well, that's dangerously liberal. But you know what I mean.)

I suggest we all get naked. Liberal enough?

suggeston:

Evil death arrow traps

EXP

I almost feel its my duty to introduce you to Touhou, screen filling laser cannons makes you happy? You'll be swimming in your drool.

So anyway, regarding the actual mod, how has it gone since the last post? Everything good or did we get another FUBAR moment like with the virus? It seems these big promising mods never see the light of day which is sadness, but assuming your still alive there's still hope to see everything work out \(owo)/ So yeah, hi, how are you~

[0/18]complete

think about it. Zom-bees.
Pteriforever
Mosskid

View Profile Email
« Reply #161 on: August 14, 2010, 04:58:57 PM »

Your wish is my command.

Spur Q/A:
Q: WTF is the Spur?
A: It's an awesome weapon from Cave Story, the (generally agreed upon) best upgrade for your starting weapon, the polar star. It shoots lasers!
Q: So, how does it work in SpelunKi?
A: Screenshot time!

The spelunker holding the spur.

It shoots a polar star pellet when you fire. But after that...

LASER PEW PEW!
Q: That's Awesome! How do you unlock it?
A: By upgrading the polar star.
Q: Well, how do you do that?
A: Heheheh.
Q: Well, how do you get the Polar Star?
A: Not telling.
Q: You suck.
A: That's not a question.

The spur's only the best if you're going for the second ending, because it's so effective in the Misery/Doctor/Undead Core battle  -- in the first ending, you get it right at the end and I swear it makes The Sisters a ton more difficult. In the third ending, it totally sucks in the Sacred Grounds, as well as against the Red Demon. It's good in the Misery/Doctor/Undead Core battle because it can't be leveled down by damage.

Weapons by power IMO:

1. Snake
2. Blade
3. Spur
4. Bubbler
5. Machine Gun
6. Polar Star
7. Nemesis
8. Missiles
9. Fireball

(I think that the second ending is the best anyway, because the main character gets to be with his true love, Sue. She's one of my favourites.)
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #162 on: August 14, 2010, 05:15:59 PM »

I can't even remember why this mod stoped having things happen to it

will SpelunKi ever be done?

Bae
Mossy

Pro YoCo strats #AGDQ2014 #GYCL

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 14, 2010, 06:45:12 PM »

The spur's only the best if you're going for the second ending, because it's so effective in the Misery/Doctor/Undead Core battle  -- in the first ending, you get it right at the end and I swear it makes The Sisters a ton more difficult. In the third ending, it totally sucks in the Sacred Grounds, as well as against the Red Demon. It's good in the Misery/Doctor/Undead Core battle because it can't be leveled down by damage.

Weapons by power IMO:

1. Snake
2. Blade
3. Spur
4. Bubbler
5. Machine Gun
6. Polar Star
7. Nemesis
8. Missiles
9. Fireball

Polar Star Is above nemesis
what is wrong with you
wait, above Missiles too? Kid that looks more like a Favorites list rather then a power list.

IIRC Spur Blade Nemesis and Super Missiles do the most (with super missiles doing the most damage out of those), Then the snake and machine gun (obviously snake > Machinegun) then the fireball bubbler and polar star.

Thats just power levels though, they are totally different order in terms of use.

But I digress this is not the Cave Story thread.

I can't even remember why this mod stoped having things happen to it

will SpelunKi ever be done?

Only if Ki didnt die.

TBH I wanna see work resume on this again too :c

[0/18]complete

think about it. Zom-bees.
ptmc2112
Bulb

ptmc2112@hotmail.com ptmc2112
View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 12, 2010, 11:35:49 AM »

I agree with Baekara's last sentence, and I don't know if you already started working on it again, but if you don't want to deal with some bugs still present in the 1.1 original code, you might want to check out The Spelunky 1.2 Project (community made) so you wont have to deal with those bugs.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]
  Print  

Jump to: