Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  
Author Topic: YASM - Realistic Spelunky  (Read 20825 times)
Sudonimus
Mossy

Stop staring.

View Profile
« on: February 23, 2010, 03:34:56 PM »

Okay, now that I've made a cheesy graphic and message mod (go to the Spelunky forums and look for "Encryption"), I just got a great mod idea that I hope hasn't already been posted!

God, I always make the IDEAS before the actual mod... But you'll be seeing this someday! I haven't a chance to work on it for now since school JUST STARTED AGAIN (great timing, eh?) but you will see it! I promise!

What I'm doing is making it so that the game is practical, and realistic. (For example, the Damsel kissing you. Is a kiss really all it takes to win a life?)

List of Stuff To Do or Have Done...
The Shopkeeper. Okay. You guys may not like this, but it's what this mod's about. The shopkeeper is an old man, so I'm taking away his throwing abilities and making it into a push. (That shouldn't stun you though.)
Mushrooms. I know someone is doing this, I'm going to make this simple. Picking up a mushroom lets you eat it. You need, say, 6 to get a life point. A magic mushroom gets you one health on the spot. This one thing branches out to a ton of other stuff, like...
Health. There's a Hunger Timer involved. Every... say 50 seconds you lose a life point for being hungry. Of course, mushrooms still give you life. It's just... less mushrooms in Ice levels and Restless Dead levels. There are also Poisonous Mushrooms, which make you sick. They have a faded color or a pale color compared to the regular mushrooms. Sickness is an acceleration to your Hunger Timer, say... 20 seconds. Vampire Bites also make you sick. Which branches to...
The Damsel. Kissing is all it takes to get a life point? Thinking of realistic-ness, when Damsel is rescued, instead of kissing you, she heals you from sickness if you have sickness. (Oh, ****, I have to find a DAMSEL to do that? No.) You can also look for medicine in shops.
Stomps. You guys'll probably hate me for this too. In real life, stomping on snakes and killing them is kind of hard, since snakes are really thin and easy to miss from jumping. So stomps will be deactivated for enemies except: Humanoids, Yeti King and all the big bosses, spider, UFO's and aliens, monkeys, Jiang Shi and Vampire, and Skeleton. If I could, I'll make it so that you only miss 4 of 5 times for the other enemies.
Guns. In real life, a bullet would kill you most times. (Unless they aimed REALLY BADLY.) So in this mod, a bullet will be worth 2 life points. In real life, guns do not have infinite ammunition. Each gun will get, like 12 shots to start with. (Not bullets, SHOTS.) Shells can be found at shops, or in crates. And once ammo runs out for a gun, you can throw the gun.
Some movement stuff. Fliphangs are slower. And after running for a certain amount of time, you start walking until you get more energy. (Like stamina, basically.)
Suicide. You cannot kill yourself using Esc+F1. That doesn't make any sense in real life at all. But you can still wait for the ghost to come up or something if you're stuck. You can kill yourself any other way but Esc+F1.
Honestly, Physics. Not DEFYING physics. Stuff like gravity, friction, and buoyancy (*hint hint* Spelunker sinks.)
Etc. Jetpack has 1000 fuel once you hit the ground.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 04:26:24 PM by Sudonimus » Logged

How is there no such thing as non-existence?!
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2010, 06:01:38 PM »

Realistic Spelunky?

That would have to be first person point of view for one. Real people have a frist person point of view.

Show your power, Gun Del Hell! Show them their fate! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Here we go! Let's go, go, go, go, Django! Light and Dark! It comes down to this! Be afraid, Sun!
Kegluneq
Big Bossy
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2010, 07:46:04 PM »

And can't jump any more than about half their height.

A wild SHINY MOSSY appeared!
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2010, 08:27:09 PM »

And bats and spiders wouldn't attack them, as for everything but them? basicly not around. (it wouldn't be realistic to have caveman living down there would it)_

Show your power, Gun Del Hell! Show them their fate! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Here we go! Let's go, go, go, go, Django! Light and Dark! It comes down to this! Be afraid, Sun!
Kegluneq
Big Bossy
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2010, 09:23:34 PM »

Yea, you're going to need to redefine "realistic" for us.

AresRomanGod
Mossy

I am DEFINITELY not a mod. Flame when you see me.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2010, 09:24:08 PM »

Somebody should make teleportation spelunky.

Be afraid.
Kegluneq
Big Bossy
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2010, 09:31:32 PM »

What do you mean?

marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2010, 09:37:34 PM »

What do you mean?
Didn't keg already do that? for you?

AresRomanGod
Mossy

I am DEFINITELY not a mod. Flame when you see me.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2010, 09:38:09 PM »

Like yours. Except jump is used to teleport, and you can teleport random directions.

Be afraid.
Kegluneq
Big Bossy
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2010, 10:00:20 PM »

Sounds fun. You're going to have to elaborate on this for me some time. Not here though, 'cause we're starting to steal Sudo's thread.

gummybears123
Mossy

Yummy Gummy!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2010, 10:40:29 PM »

Sudo's only changing reasonable stuff, not like jump height to half of Spelunker's height or anything

I made a rap.
It sounds dumb, like reading a map
I really should stop this thing before it goes too far
But I don't really car as long as I stay below the radar
Those big companies won't get me no
I'll get away before the fuzz show

-Most famous rapper of Mossmouth
Kirbylord
Kirby
Mossy

Too Long Away

nrmario@hotmail.com
View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2010, 10:46:44 PM »

Realistic Spelunky?

That would have to be first person point of view for one. Real people have a frist person point of view.
That'd be... AWESOME. Someone make this mod.

I'm learning Japanese!
Add me on Steam! http://steamcommunity.com/id/KirbyLord/
Sudonimus
Mossy

Stop staring.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2010, 10:47:54 AM »

Yeah... I'm trying to make it so that some of it makes sense, but not so much that it wouldn't be Spelunky anymore.

First person view would be 3D, right?

How is there no such thing as non-existence?!
gummybears123
Mossy

Yummy Gummy!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2010, 10:53:00 AM »

Yea, Spelunky's third person

I made a rap.
It sounds dumb, like reading a map
I really should stop this thing before it goes too far
But I don't really car as long as I stay below the radar
Those big companies won't get me no
I'll get away before the fuzz show

-Most famous rapper of Mossmouth
Kirbylord
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2010, 10:57:49 AM »

well you could make a 2d frist person game, it would just be really odd.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  

Jump to: