Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Spelunky Multiplayer Mod  (Read 11752 times)
Zemagris
Shoot

View Profile
« on: February 16, 2010, 12:14:21 PM »

So, i was thinking about how much it would be cool to be able to have 2 people playing on 1 computer (or even over the internet if you use a remote desktop viewer like teamviewer) and so i made a very horrible version where the 2nd player uses WASD to control the (in this case) silver ball. (Link: http://e0c0026d.linkbucks.com/) then i got tired of the constant crossed hands on the keyboard, or the having to reorganize my controls to be able to play. So i made a better version, where the mouse controls flares by moving around, and if you left click it spawns a flare (only real change to normal gameplay)

Link: http://640ed737.linkbucks.com

The flare CAN set off arrow traps, kill enemies, etc. It can do pretty much anything a normal flare can do, except it moves with the mouse. This allow for easier gameplay, and you can have a light on dark levels without carrying it.

(if linkbucks links aren't allowed, ill replace them with normal links)

Credit to: Derek Yu, for making spelunky Cheesy
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2010, 12:17:12 PM »

http://mossmouth.com/forums/index.php?topic=593.0

Might want to talk to keg for some help.

Show your power, Gun Del Hell! Show them their fate! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Here we go! Let's go, go, go, go, Django! Light and Dark! It comes down to this! Be afraid, Sun!
Zemagris
Shoot

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2010, 12:20:06 PM »

well i just got bored of having to be alone on it, so i put in limited functionality for flares.....this is also my first mod ever for spelunky, so i figured i would upload it
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2010, 12:22:58 PM »

No no no It's fine, but he might be able to help you know?

Show your power, Gun Del Hell! Show them their fate! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Here we go! Let's go, go, go, go, Django! Light and Dark! It comes down to this! Be afraid, Sun!
Zemagris
Shoot

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2010, 12:24:16 PM »

Have you tried it? i lost a copy of it working i had, so i had to recreate it....i think it ought to work though Okay its working Cheesy
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 12:27:25 PM by Zemagris » Logged
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2010, 12:28:37 PM »

the flare is overpowered, and i can use this 1 player! but I like the idea. good job.

Zemagris
Shoot

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2010, 12:30:47 PM »

lol, considering that its overpowered, i left it alone completely XD!!! i just made it move with the mouse, and it seemed to become powerful, but i will go try and lower its power....i have to find the point where it isnt to weak or to strong lol
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2010, 12:35:21 PM »

Make it able to get hurt! that well do it.

Zemagris
Shoot

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2010, 12:36:35 PM »

i changed "invincible = true" to false, but i dont know if that will really do anything....as it doesnt have lives....
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2010, 12:37:36 PM »

Give it life (not lives) and it does a few things.

Zemagris
Shoot

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2010, 12:40:30 PM »

Ill try that, i was reading through keg's multiplayer thread just now....seems like it would have been interesting
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2010, 12:46:18 PM »

He hasn't given up, it well happen sooner or later. but yeah.

Try and make the flare die from traps and not go threw walls. that should cover it.

Zemagris
Shoot

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2010, 12:50:17 PM »

idk how to do the walls thing o.e, but i would change that if i could
ipwnu1337
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2010, 12:56:22 PM »

Ugh ugh ugh megaupload is ugly.

For the convenience of all of us, could you upload it to mediafire or box.net?  Those are much better file hosting services.
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2010, 01:02:47 PM »

idk how to do the walls thing o.e, but i would change that if i could
Have the flare move two the mouse slower don't have it telport  to the mouse, have it stop when it hits a wall?

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: