Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: lonely spelunky v.2b  (Read 29062 times)
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2010, 07:30:06 PM »

Did you play the new verson?

And rushing water has a big pit, and phychic feelings have no big guy (jet back is still there)

Show your power, Gun Del Hell! Show them their fate! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Here we go! Let's go, go, go, go, Django! Light and Dark! It comes down to this! Be afraid, Sun!
gummybears123
Mossy

Yummy Gummy!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2010, 07:58:55 PM »

Grin  I wish I had the shortcuts (I just unlocked the second)

Can someone  tell me the debug code for the others?

I made a rap.
It sounds dumb, like reading a map
I really should stop this thing before it goes too far
But I don't really car as long as I stay below the radar
Those big companies won't get me no
I'll get away before the fuzz show

-Most famous rapper of Mossmouth
Kirbylord
anonymous101
Seedling

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2010, 02:20:31 PM »

hee,

nice work with your lonely spelunky, i enjoyed playing it but....
i may have noticed a flaw in there.
in the ice cave there are frozen cavemen, and when you blow them out of the ice, the game crashes. i just wanted you to know that so you can perhaps take a look at it.

grtz
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2010, 05:41:18 PM »

hee,

nice work with your lonely spelunky, i enjoyed playing it but....
i may have noticed a flaw in there.
in the ice cave there are frozen cavemen, and when you blow them out of the ice, the game crashes. i just wanted you to know that so you can perhaps take a look at it.

grtz
You got it. I'll it.. right now.

Show your power, Gun Del Hell! Show them their fate! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Here we go! Let's go, go, go, go, Django! Light and Dark! It comes down to this! Be afraid, Sun!
Pteriforever
Mosskid

View Profile Email
« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2010, 05:10:51 AM »

Whoa. I jumped a meter into the air the moment I started the tutorial. I'm TERRIFIED of the music warping, so I always leave before 2 minutes. I pretty much deleted it from my computer after that.
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2010, 11:13:50 AM »

Whoa. I jumped a meter into the air the moment I started the tutorial. I'm TERRIFIED of the music warping, so I always leave before 2 minutes. I pretty much deleted it from my computer after that.
I am sorry to hear that. I need to upload my new verson with out cave man glich...

Bae
Mossy

Pro YoCo strats #AGDQ2014 #GYCL

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2010, 04:31:18 PM »

I am sorry to hear that. I need to upload my new verson with out cave man glich...

Sir, I think you may be taking a little too much time to release that fix, its been like 20 days, sir.

Sir.

And also you should look into getting yourself a Directory thread, meaning links to all your personal mod posts because you seem to release a lot of them.

[0/18]complete

think about it. Zom-bees.
Bae
Mossy

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2010, 06:35:28 PM »

Okay, writing this as I play to get all my opinions in fresh.

Also if I say anything you've already addressed in the thread then forgive me, I already forgot what I read in it erlol.

I found a pot, I must ask, did you remember to make it so snakes and spiders dont randomly jump out of them?

Alright on level two, found a box and got shot, brings up some thoughts. Things are probably going to get a little boring without any enemies to worry about, I dont suppose we could see an increase of item boxes? On that note, since getting all the power ups too quickly would make things incredibly less challenging, if you were to up the box count making bombs and rope come out of them more often would be a good idea I think. And then the thing about getting shot, there are no ways to replenish health is there? Can you fix that? Maybe a new item to restore health or extra health when you begin?

Abandoned shop? Oh maybe I wont need those extra boxes after all...

I died... Seriously can I have a way to refill health or something?

Wow the shop keeper challenge room is empty... and I cant exit without closing the window or slowly dying via fall damage.

Arrow room still has bats in it... managed to shoot myself with an arrow after I fell in the spikes, this was a triumph.

Damsel challenge kills you immediately... okay then.

NEW GAME

Kali Alter, hmn, useless because there are no enemies... Im going to bet something bad will happen when I bomb it...

No Spiders no Game crash? Well I am impressed.

Still disliking my 2hp situation here...

I notice a lot of Bones without Skulls, it look weird, if you put the skull back it would certainly add to the creepiness of being in an abandoned cave complex, especially if you upped their spawn rate, and put them in shops, replacing the shopkeeper.

Also a thought just occurred, gas was supposed to have killed everyone or something? I didnt know GLaDOS had a part in Spelunky

The... Frack? I just found a Skull, but it turned out to be a Skeleton enemy, when it stood up it just disappeared

I've cracked every pot I've seen, I guess you did deal with them correctly.

Ah, finally at the Lush levels, with 2hp  Angry

SMASHTRAPS EVERYWHERE OH GOD WHAT IS THIS.

I fell and now I have 1hp

1hp

h

p

Yes Im going to keep bringing that up.

Smashtraps on either side of the exit MARS COME ON. At least I have 40 bombs.

I now have 17 bombs from clearing smashtraps  Cry

WOW RESTLESS DEAD LEVEL.

I like this, but I think you should sprinkle the death feeling across the game.

Found the entrance to the black market in the Crystal Skull area sweet, but with 1hp of course.

Oh dear lord the dice physics are messed up, floaty, like they are possessed.

Probably because I have the catchers mitt...

Okay Im out of there, with the ankh, I hope not to use it until I find the Moai, but you know, 1hp.

Ok nm got it, also Wet Fur level, that is all.

Wait how do I get the scepter of theres not going to be a mummy...

Smashblocks... I hate you.

AAA AND THEN I GOT SHOT AGAIN 2hp FF.

I died. Thanks.

"I can hear Lava!" Oh lol.

After 30,000 retries I am greeted with smashblocks in the dark...

Oh what, If I pick up the idol in the room with the spiked ceiling trap nothing happens.

And... wtf, I found a shop, took the mitt, cape, rope, and spectacles, fell, landed on a smashblock, didnt die, then proceeded to walk across the top of them.

I am okay with this glitch.

But then I died.

Uh... Mars, is this supposed to spawn here?

Okay so enough of that, Temple is impossible without a maxed out inventory.

So let me tell you what I think of this mod

Straight to the point, its good but you need to tinker with the traps and add a way to refill health. What I would like to see you change is:
  • Add more sense of death, add the Skull item back and make them have a higher spawn rate, use tombstones throughout the whole game instead of just in the restless dead level.
  • Get rid of the Skeleton enemy/trap, they are visually glitchy
  • A higher rate for Idol traps to spawn would be nice
  • The different levels have really unbalanced traps, Lush has too many of the totem things which I've been calling smashtraps (idk if thats what you guys call the totems or the blocks) Ice has barely anything and is kind of boring for it, Temple is just Impossible, way too many Smashblocks. To fix this I would suggest cutting the smashtraps to about half of their current spawn rate, do the same for the smashblocks, add arrow traps to lush and ice to make them feel fuller, and increase the smashtrap spawn rate in temple.
  • Do something about the Bonus rooms, they're just sloppy.
  • Add something to refill your health, I will even provide you with sprites if you want

I have to say I love your mods, but it feels like you dont finish them, try to finalize a mod before you move on to the next, or at least give it someone else to put some final touches on, you can do some pretty cool things Mars, and I would love to see you put those finishing touches on this mod.

Tata, im off to go restart Lonely Spelunky and see if I can beat it this time.

Oh my God I wrote a lot.

[0/18]complete

marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2010, 11:07:05 PM »

...  I leave for a few weeks and this happens... maybe I should just remake the whole thing?

Bae
Mossy

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 05, 2010, 12:20:58 AM »

What happened? you got two new comments from the same person what is so shocking about that

and why would you need to remake it? its good the way it is just... needs some tinkering

Aside from the unbalanced traps and lack of hp restoring i really do love this mod, you dont seem so confident about that fact, mister mars bars

if you want any help conceptualizing anything (since i cant program) i would be more then happy to help if you want some, idk what i could really provide that you cant already but if you ever want help with an idea i can provide assistance

sudden random offering my help what is this

[0/18]complete

marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #40 on: August 05, 2010, 01:46:51 AM »

What happened? you got two new comments from the same person what is so shocking about that

and why would you need to remake it? its good the way it is just... needs some tinkering

Aside from the unbalanced traps and lack of hp restoring i really do love this mod, you dont seem so confident about that fact, mister mars bars

if you want any help conceptualizing anything (since i cant program) i would be more then happy to help if you want some, idk what i could really provide that you cant already but if you ever want help with an idea i can provide assistance

sudden random offering my help what is this
1)One very long post I seem to be to tired to understand fully it seems.

2) Becuse it seemed easyer at the time.

3) Well then I could look into something for health and fix the traps a bit. It would take moments to make less traps at least...

4) Sounds like fun.

5) Offering help you said so youself

6) I is sleepy

Bae
Mossy

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2010, 11:48:53 PM »

Any Idea what would make for a good Health restoration item? You always could just do a heart that when you touch it it gives you +1 hp

To simply make less traps doesn't exactly fix the problem... maybe I could throw some levels together that would show my idea of trap balancing?

I finally got to Olmec today, with Tunnelman (went through the whole game, got to the black market and either bombed or dug my way out of the final area) he seems rather anticlimactic without the enemies... what if there was... 1x1 tile Tiki traps and falling spring boards? if those were dotted around the level it would make it more exciting, not too many though... and, Im not really sure if you can program a falling springboard, it would be an interesting item though, it could work like the one in brawl but without the flipping sideways?

Asfs Im getting cluttered here.
In case that came out as a big confusing mess let me try to elaborate.
The boss fight with Olmec is much less challenging without the enemies, so I figure you could put in some traps, but new ones since the others don't work quite right.

Small Tiki traps that spawn around the top and in the ground of the boss room, which would have holes in the ground beside them so they can actually hit you if you fell close to them

and Mobile Springboards, they would mess up your movement around the boss stage, but since normal ones would be broken with the floor these ones could work kind of like an item so they continue to get in your way even after you break the floor they were on

Of course, i dont even know if programming new traps into the game is something youd even want to do but yeah

Read this when you arent tired so you can figure out if my ideas work or are crap

[0/18]complete

marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2010, 02:06:07 AM »

You can throw levels together, but thats not how I would be coding them, so.. yeah.

Well I should note that the final boss level basicly isn't randomly made, so I can put traps anyway I like.

I thought about making the final boss spawn traps, but that would be mean.

Bae
Mossy

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 13, 2010, 03:38:09 AM »

Eh, how do I get what Im trying to say across..

Okay so, lets say I take this image and re-create it in the level editor, then I add extra traps to it as I see fit, then I send you the level, you take a look at how many traps are in there and change the trap spawning rate so its closer to the level

or something

or maybe I could run through the different areas of the game taking notice to how many traps are in them and come back and say like "you should have the spawn rate at around 3 times as high as the original"

idk im just trying to give you ideas of how to fix the trap spawn rate without just having trial and error until the numbers are right... though that might be easier...

uh... I said I'd like to see more variety in the traps, I don't suppose you can make *some* Thwomps/Smashtraps/whatever they are appear in Lush and Ice? Lets say in Lush they spawn at half the rate as they did in the Vanilla Spelunky's Temple levels and in Ice they spawn at the same rate as the Regular temple. Is this okay?

You could make Olmec Spawn springboards and maybe push blocks? Both would be a nuisance.

[0/18]complete

marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2010, 11:26:07 AM »

I could easily make traps spawn out of level, I'll make a verson and upload it later today.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: