Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11
  Print  
Author Topic: Spelunky - The Forums  (Read 74652 times)
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2010, 11:49:13 AM »

Fourth:  I'll try to not sound like an ass, but this is MY mod.  I do what I want with it..  'Kay?
The man is right here.

But if it's hard to do the tomb lord, you could get a little lazy and I sure don't care (He doesn't move when stoped, walking could be a simple sprite, that kind of thing)

Show your power, Gun Del Hell! Show them their fate! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Here we go! Let's go, go, go, go, Django! Light and Dark! It comes down to this! Be afraid, Sun!
Kirby
Mossy

Too Long Away

nrmario@hotmail.com
View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2010, 11:49:50 AM »

Dangit I wanted my Kirby boulder.
Ah well I'll think of something else to replace with Kirby...

Name? - Kirby Lord

What will you replace? - Mantrap

What will you be? - Kirby

Why do you want to replace that? - Kirby eats stuff too!

Notable traits of the replacement? - Kirby, but instead of chomping down, he inhales.

I'm learning Japanese!
Add me on Steam! http://steamcommunity.com/id/KirbyLord/
banna8
Mossbaby

View Profile Email
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2010, 02:18:54 PM »

Name? - Gummybears123

What will you replace? - Alien

What will you be? -  Gummy bear!

Why do you want to replace that? - Bouncy and squishy, the alien and gummy bear are a very closly related species.

Notable traits of the replacement? - Just a resprite. (remember tho change the ufo sprites aswell!)

PS: Is this strictly limited to reskins? Or just to what you can do? If the latter:

Name? - Banna8

What will you replace? - Pistol

What will you be? -  Bananarang

Why do you want to replace that? - I don't want to steal the honor of taking one of the enemies, and this seemed like a likely place for a banana

Notable traits of the replacement? - Throw banana, and it comes back. Does the same damage as pistol, or a little bit more, seeing as you have to wait for it to come back to fire again. (if it misses you coming back, make it disapear once off screen and reset the timer/limit/whatever check there would be)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 02:25:42 PM by banna8 » Logged
ipwnu1337
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2010, 02:41:11 PM »

Name? - Gummybears123

What will you replace? - Alien

What will you be? -  Gummy bear!

Why do you want to replace that? - Bouncy and squishy, the alien and gummy bear are a very closly related species.

Notable traits of the replacement? - Just a resprite. (remember tho change the ufo sprites aswell!)

You probably shouldn't suggest things in place of other people.  Just sayin'.
Audioworm
Mossy

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2010, 02:58:01 PM »

Name? Audioworm333
What will you replace? Yeti
What will you be? Zombie Tank(from Left 4 Dead)
Why do you want to replace that? Yeti can throw you far, Tank can punch you far, also Left 4 Dead rules!
Notable traits of the replacement? The zombie with muscles added to it(make it however you want)

halibabica
Bossy
Mossy

old guard

View Profile Email
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2010, 03:20:48 PM »

And I'll try not to sound like an ass, but I don't see why replacing sprites is such a big deal.  I mean, I can understand something like what mars is asking for being extremely difficult, but skipping something simple like a skeleton just 'cuz it's attached to a "mundane" object?  Heck, the skull would be even easier to replace than the skeleton.

I get that it's your mod and there are some things you do and don't want to do with it, but I really don't think I'm asking for much here.

Sometimes I wonder if I like Spelunky too much.
ManTrap mod - Tastes Like Spelunky
Hand-drawn comic - Spelunkying
ipwnu1337
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2010, 05:48:52 PM »

Think about it this way:  How will a stick figure fit in a game full of short, stocky creatures?  Honestly, I don't think it can turn out well.  I'm sorry if I offended you.

I might do it later, if I can find a way to make it look good.
halibabica
Bossy
Mossy

old guard

View Profile Email
« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2010, 06:56:00 PM »

You're aiming for graphical consistency?  Spelunky has a very simple style of graphics, but many of the other suggestions here would still stand out even if the graphic style was the same (especially Mario, Kefka, and Kirby).  Making it look the same won't be too hard, but it's definitely not going to have the level of immersion it used to with so many oddities around.

As for making a stick figure look good, all it would really need is a light gray outline to make it stand out.  Y'know, like Mr. Game & Watch has.

Sometimes I wonder if I like Spelunky too much.
ManTrap mod - Tastes Like Spelunky
Hand-drawn comic - Spelunkying
Hayden
« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2010, 12:39:20 AM »

OK, OK.. I guess I can't go with a cat, then. Unless I change my avatar to a cat. Cheesy

What if I do that? Could I have a cat to replace caveman then? Smiley
ipwnu1337
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2010, 12:57:48 PM »

The cat would most likely represent Eguee if I add one (It probably will be added).  Y'know, since he had a cat avatar for a long time.  This isn't final.

Making the Kirby Mantrap was fun though.  I'm almost done with it.
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2010, 01:00:48 PM »

kirby man trap sounds cool!

but when does the first version come out?

Show your power, Gun Del Hell! Show them their fate! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Here we go! Let's go, go, go, go, Django! Light and Dark! It comes down to this! Be afraid, Sun!
ipwnu1337
« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2010, 01:02:36 PM »

Once I finish spriting the mantrap.

Also, mummy breathes fireballs.  It originally planned for it to breath magma men that couldn't damage it, which would be a cool mechanic, but it would not be in the spirit of this mod.
Also, I found out that you can do decimal damage.
Hayden
« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2010, 04:15:49 PM »

Hrm. Okay.

Fair enough.

Well.. I can't think of anything for me at the moment. I guess I spend a lot of time in the level editor section of the forums, so if you can tie anything to that with me, you could get a few ideas from there. But I can't think of anything for me at the moment.

If you want to try to think of something for me, I'll try to list some things that may relate to me:

Video Games
Xbox (Hehe. "Killer Xbox's attack!")
Laptop
Level editor

--

Actually, I just got an idea in my head..
Unless there are any sprites I don't know about for that moving spike trap in area 4, couldn't you just resprite that? I know you said only enemies, but.. Well, I can't think of many sprites that you would need to replace.

Edit: The sprite could be an Xbox. Cheesy

Please, tell me if there's a hole in my idea. My brain isn't working very well. I haven't had breakfast yet. It's taken me like 20 minutes to type all of this up.
grieck
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2010, 04:26:48 PM »

Well, if Kefka is a no...then something with Cthulhu (from my former avatar), but I wouldn't know what to replace, or much anything else.
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2010, 06:10:02 PM »

If you make a kefka sprite I'll bet he will do it.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11
  Print  

Jump to: