Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Spelunky Gold Rush  (Read 7550 times)
Skoke
Mossy

Ballin'

View Profile Email
« on: March 27, 2014, 09:01:59 PM »

So I finally made a spelunky mod, it's pretty weaksauce though.

Basically you lose gold, every second and if you hit zero you die, you also start with a sum of gold already. Also you don't really take damage anymore, when you get hit you instead lose 1k of gold (Ill consider making it more later) Theres 3 statues on the title now too, they adjust the difficulty by changing the gold loss per second
1st-60 gold lost per second
2nd-100 gold lost per second
3rd-140 gold lost per second

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f15678t5i2e2v6s/GoldRush.exe

Props to Bae for drawing the statue things
And props to Wonk for answering a question I had
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 08:41:26 AM by The Eternal Awesomeness » Logged
bloxxin
Mossbaby

Long time no see...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2014, 09:27:56 PM »

Quite an interesting concept! Reminds me of an older mod where you had a Kapala and lost health over time.

You could fix the statue's depths and maybe make the gold loss not happen when entering doors. Loved the random explosion effects though!

SuB_Zer0
Shoot

Big style enter

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2014, 09:35:09 AM »

When i heard about gold rush i came like: ZOMG I MUST SEE!!! :OOOO

Survival after all!
Skoke
Mossy

Ballin'

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2014, 05:14:43 PM »

Fixed the download link, Im not sure what happened, but it was borked. My apologies to anyone trying to download it (as if anyone bothered to try downloading it)
Urza
Mossbaby

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2014, 06:25:32 PM »

I saw this earlier, but I just got around to trying it. It's pretty cool! Simple obviously, but it interesting how a simple change can make a really big difference. I found it quite hard right at the beginning, but once you built up a bit of a buffer actually easier than the normal game. Particularly since treasure in later levels is worth more.
Whooper1222
Mossy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2014, 11:23:24 AM »

Argh! How come I missed this amazing mod.

Skoke
Mossy

Ballin'

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2014, 08:37:55 AM »

I saw this earlier, but I just got around to trying it. It's pretty cool! Simple obviously, but it interesting how a simple change can make a really big difference. I found it quite hard right at the beginning, but once you built up a bit of a buffer actually easier than the normal game. Particularly since treasure in later levels is worth more.

I noticed it got easier at later levels during the testing, which is why I added the whole "dmg takes away gold" thing. I figured its easier to take damage in later levels.

I might adjust it so the gold loss gets higher the farther you get. Also I moved the statues to the back, cause they bothered me in front of Spelunker

Edit: Im a dickhead and forgot to credit Bae for making the statues
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: