Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Screensaver  (Read 3368 times)
pmprog
Bulb

View Profile
« on: September 12, 2009, 01:46:40 AM »

I've not seen anybody else post this, but I apologise if I've just overlooked it (I did search).

When I play with my joypad, my screensaver will still activate whilst playing the game.

If you handle the msg WM_SYSCOMMAND (wparam SC_SCREENSAVER) in your WndProc, this should stop it coming on  Smiley

Great game, keep up the good work
Uky
Shoot

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2009, 08:38:14 PM »

Heheh. This is something I run into a lot as well.
Phasma Felis
Shoot

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2009, 10:24:46 PM »

I'd really like to see a utility to fix this generally for windows--it's really annoying if you like to use a gamepad. Haven't been able to find one yet, though.
marsgreekgod
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2009, 01:09:50 AM »

Well you could in thery use that joy to key program or whatever it's called...

Then use that and not the joypad in the in game settings.

but thats just a work a round

Show your power, Gun Del Hell! Show them their fate! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Here we go! Let's go, go, go, go, Django! Light and Dark! It comes down to this! Be afraid, Sun!
GreyMario
Bean

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2009, 12:42:54 PM »

Another solution is to write into the code to jiggle the mouse by one pixel every thirty seconds.
pmprog
Bulb

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2009, 01:10:20 PM »

I gave one solution, although I believe the game was made in GameMaker, so it's not very helpful for that.

I did do a bit of scouting. There have been a few suggestions, mainly involved disabling the screensaver in the registry, and readding it at quit time. Although if your game crashes, it won't re-enable it.

Consensus seems to be faking key/mouse movement during the game
Uky
Shoot

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2009, 05:42:43 PM »

I gave one solution, although I believe the game was made in GameMaker, so it's not very helpful for that.
Well you can add arbitrary .DLL files to GameMaker to add things like what you mentioned.

From taking a look around myself... this thread (http://gmc.yoyogames.com/index.php?showtopic=399382#entry2889145) talks about using the method you mentioned and even gives a sample C source file, compiled DLL file, and test GM file for it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: