Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  
Author Topic: To Do List (Spoilers)  (Read 57010 times)
gummybears123
Mossy

Yummy Gummy!

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: December 22, 2009, 10:06:52 PM »

Wow... really?  I'm gonna try that...

I made a rap.
It sounds dumb, like reading a map
I really should stop this thing before it goes too far
But I don't really car as long as I stay below the radar
Those big companies won't get me no
I'll get away before the fuzz show

-Most famous rapper of Mossmouth
Kirbylord
God of Rock2
Seedling

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 15, 2010, 09:05:20 PM »

Fix, you can walk in front of spikes but can't jump on them
banna8
Mossbaby

View Profile Email
« Reply #62 on: February 15, 2010, 09:07:26 PM »

thats supposed to happen
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #63 on: February 15, 2010, 09:20:43 PM »

Fix, you can walk in front of spikes but can't jump on them
Thats kinda the point.

Show your power, Gun Del Hell! Show them their fate! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Here we go! Let's go, go, go, go, Django! Light and Dark! It comes down to this! Be afraid, Sun!
Kegluneq
Big Bossy
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #64 on: February 15, 2010, 09:52:29 PM »

Just repeating something I said a while ago:
[ ] Water draining has always been problematic.  I'm still looking for a solution that isn't too costly on the CPU.
I have a suggestion.
The boulder has some special code to have its own little active region even if its outside the normal active region (your view) right?
Well, couldn't you do something similar to that in the part of the code where the water drains? Something like:
if (water is draining) activate_region(variables for the area around the draining water); instance_destroy();

Or something like that, assuming my understanding of GM and your code is correct.
But yea, you get the idea right?

And damsel scream panning still needs to be fixed.

A wild SHINY MOSSY appeared!
chanx
Shoot

I always look both ways.

View Profile Email
« Reply #65 on: June 12, 2010, 08:39:00 PM »

Here's a list of stuff that I'd like to take care of for a future version.  This is mostly for me, so I don't forget something important, but you guys can keep up with what I'm working on (or aware of) here, too. Grin

High Priority (Crash/Freeze):

None that I know of.

Medium Priority (Effed Up):

[ ] Water draining has always been problematic.  I'm still looking for a solution that isn't too costly on the CPU.

Low Priority (Weird):

[ ] Thrown ropes can snag undesirably in certain situations.
[ ] "Impossible" paths are generated that require bombs/rope to get through.

Add:

First off i'd like to say that I love spelunky and second off I hate it, jk. Well, sometimes. Anyways look here are a few uncomplacatied ideas that would make it even a greater masterpiece.

1. Being able to upgrade your whip, to a chain witch, inturn adds one extra tile lengh and 1+ damage!
2. Moving slower while holding something, move the slowest while holding and idol or body.
3.Give guns ammo, I mean no offense but if I get a shotgun, the game is like 20 times easier, and besides every one likes a little challenge in there life!!!
4. Same with the jetpack, Fuel.
5.Binoculars so you can see farther.
6.Give breathing time underwater, so it makes it more fun?
7.Snorkel for infinate breathing time under water!
Trap:
1. Pad traps that you can vaguely see which makes (when stepped on) makes a block fall eaither in front of you or behind, try and crush you witch kills you!
2.Flash light for the darkness a full beam which ever way your facing! And have batteries that die!
3.Dark over hangs in random parts of a level. semi rarley.
4. Bandages that you find and use by hitting X like a item.
5. Make shop keepers harder to kill and even the consequence!!
6. Slingshot shots rocks for 3x the damage! and much farther!
This sounds like I'm asking alot but it will inprove the game drastically!
Make a whole NEW area!!! I have and idea, For the item to get into the city of gold make it a diamond encrusted Key, and the area, a dungeon with dragons 1x1 tile Ax guard miniboss drops chain 1x2 tiles
Speacial part, golem 3x3 "I Feel the ground shake" drops slingshot or shotgun?
shackeled caveman like people 1x1 frame. They can hit you with rocks they pick up and hold one rock on them!
8. Being able to sell items.
9.Shopkeeper that sell guns give bullet proof vest/ whatever

I really hope you liked these ideas Please message me back on what you think, don't worry you won't hurt my feelings lol.

How about you go find a straw of hay in a needle stack Cheesy
orange08
Bulb

Indeed.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: August 09, 2010, 08:56:16 AM »

You're trying to make spelunky harder than it already is   D=
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #67 on: August 09, 2010, 11:40:58 AM »

1) seems to make it really easy
2) changes to much. Ice traps wouldn't work anymore, and logicly it would slow jumping to, which would suck, mabey a rare item that is heavyer (some kind of powerfull weapon)
3)No thanks!
4) Why do you hate me?
5) Huh? You only can't see futher in darkness... and binoculars wouldn't help. and in normal levels? it would be far to much work.
6)no point
7) which means this also has no point
um.. 1) interesting.
2) You really like items going out don't you? Other wise good idea.
3) Huh?
4) Huh?
5) I think they already got that covered dude
6) If you could hold rocks in a bag. and 3 times damage is a lot dude.
6.5) there are like 12 ideas with no number...
Cool And how would that work?
9) Bullet proof vest? when the only bad guys that use guns are them? sounds like a good reason not to sell it if you ask me.

Show your power, Gun Del Hell! Show them their fate! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Here we go! Let's go, go, go, go, Django! Light and Dark! It comes down to this! Be afraid, Sun!
Arucard
Mossy

Hey! Is that CANDY?!?!?

Arucard.Tepes
View Profile Email
« Reply #68 on: August 12, 2010, 03:40:42 AM »

Yeah, these are ideas for a mod, most of them would break vanilla Spelunky too much. But drowning might be interesting, sans snorkel of course.

Oh, they look like monsters to you?

There's a light in the darkness of everybody's life.
Anonymous52555
Seedling

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 06, 2010, 07:02:00 PM »

1. I found a couple bugs that i think need to be noted. First off I found a serious glitch, I don't know how it happend but there was a bat flying around in its landed postition because it spawned badly and when I killed it the game froze.
2. Another Glitch is I ran out of ropes in the tutorial the first time I played so I pressed escape then F1 to die then in my stats room all my stats were in the billions, (I had 100,000,000 saves lol).
3. And last if the damsel runs off the edge in the ice levels into the pit the is an annoying high pitched sound that nearly killed my ears.
4.  Im not sure if this is a glitch but I got both the restless dead and the rushing water level feeling at the same time and there was a pit of water at the bottom with skeleton fish but no giant fish.
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #70 on: October 07, 2010, 07:55:52 AM »

1) the whole flying in landed sprite happens as a glich interactson with water, if you froze, the code would of really helped.
2) I... what?
3) can't figure out that one
4) the giant fish some times get stuck in dirt and dies before you find him,

Anonymous52555
Seedling

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 07, 2010, 06:11:29 PM »

1) Um it was in the first area so how could water have anything to do with it, I did it again but this time I know how it worked I got the bat to land on a platform that didn't exist by getting it to the very corner of the block then it landed and its smaller when landed so it just floated around, it was pretty funny. There is no error code it just froze and had a high pitched noise when I killed it..
4) I know the giant fish sometimes dies but is it normal to get the restless dead and rushing water levels at the same time.
halibabica
Mossy

old guard

View Profile Email
« Reply #72 on: October 07, 2010, 08:10:33 PM »

1. Weird!

2. Yes.  It's very unlikely, but it is possible for the two to coincide.  Just adds to the magic of the jungle~

Sometimes I wonder if I like Spelunky too much.
ManTrap mod - Tastes Like Spelunky
Hand-drawn comic - Spelunkying
leafbarrett
Shoot

View Profile Email
« Reply #73 on: November 04, 2010, 08:44:19 AM »

For some reason, I've seen fish skeletons drop to the ground upon coming into the unfrozen zone. The water is still there, so the piranha should still be alive, but for some reason, it spontaneously died. Maybe it has something to do with draining water from a different spot?
Bae
Mossy

Pro YoCo strats #AGDQ2014 #GYCL

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 04, 2010, 12:38:36 PM »

Im going to blame it on the same reason as to why you find dead fish on the beach, minus the part where it was air drowned

so basically the fish died of natural causes ok

[0/18]complete

think about it. Zom-bees.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  

Jump to: