Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
  Print  
Author Topic: To Do List (Spoilers)  (Read 74225 times)
Derek
Mossmouth
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #45 on: November 24, 2009, 07:06:38 AM »

I've been spending most of my time on Spelunky XBLA lately, but this week I'm going to put some hours into the next PC version.  FYI!
Ninja_Zane
Mosskid

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 24, 2009, 07:08:41 AM »

I hope you can upgrade the map editor for it! Grin
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #47 on: November 24, 2009, 10:57:21 AM »

sweet!

Show your power, Gun Del Hell! Show them their fate! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Here we go! Let's go, go, go, go, Django! Light and Dark! It comes down to this! Be afraid, Sun!
Kegluneq
Big Bossy
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #48 on: November 24, 2009, 11:24:06 AM »

Awesome.

A wild SHINY MOSSY appeared!
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #49 on: November 24, 2009, 12:00:32 PM »

How about some blocks that don't blow up when bombed in the level editor? please?

Show your power, Gun Del Hell! Show them their fate! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Here we go! Let's go, go, go, go, Django! Light and Dark! It comes down to this! Be afraid, Sun!
eguee
Mosskid

HYAAAAH!

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 24, 2009, 07:51:36 PM »

Awesomesauce!

What about the ice bridges?
beatthelastboss
Mossbaby

The Grue is watching you...

View Profile Email
« Reply #51 on: November 24, 2009, 09:14:00 PM »

Happiness! Hows about making an "Easy" mode, eh?  Wink

Inventor of the Spelunky sound-scheme!

http://mossmouth.com/forums/index.php?topic=194.0

Almost-real-time spelunking stats, updated every time I play!

Wins: Nada
Losted: TOO MANY TIMES!!!
Times Reset: 0
Shortcuts: Only the first one...
Rooms unlocked: None

Current mission: Get next s
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #52 on: November 24, 2009, 11:49:54 PM »

easy mode would be lame and more then a few hours. At least I think it would? But he is a really good programmer.

eguee
Mosskid

HYAAAAH!

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 25, 2009, 01:14:03 AM »

Eguee mode?
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #54 on: November 25, 2009, 11:35:31 AM »

But I want to do that for him when he gets the code out.

Kikuichimonji
Seedling

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 06, 2009, 02:38:20 PM »

The mattock will randomly mine the tile underneath you instead of the one in front of you and down. This is incredibly irritating especially because you can't really use it to your advantage because it's very finnicky.

If you run full speed at an arrow trap on the ground level sometimes the arrow will pass right through you.

If you hold over and jump sometimes you will land on those ledges that are covered by a moveable block by pushing the block out of the way and sometimes you will just fall. I think either you should be able to push the block out of the way or you shouldn't be able to do it. It's not that the block is unmoveable either because I have fallen down and tried it again and succeeded the second time.

I don't know if this is a glitch, but I have thrown an arrow at top speed at a shopkeeper and had it stick in the wall behind him. Are they immune to arrows? If so, that's kinda janky.

Ropes and ladders are a pain to grab onto sometimes. You have to be at a very specific horizontal position to grab on. This is moreso a suggestion, but I would really like if the game let you grab on to ropes and ladders more easily. Especially if you're going down a ladder and you hit down but instead you fall downwards because you're not pixel-perfect underneath the ladder.

I don't know if it's just me, but the newest update seems to have a lot of stability problems for me. The game will stutter and run at a lower framerate. I never had this problem with previous versions of the game. It's definitely not a RAM problem because I have 2 gigabytes of RAM and I'm not running much else. I'm running Vista Basic.

Thanks for listening. Love the game.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 02:46:11 PM by Kikuichimonji » Logged
cerealkiller54
Seedling

View Profile Email
« Reply #56 on: December 07, 2009, 07:32:41 PM »

I'm personally a little fed up with the walrus lady every time I press x after failing a custom level.  I'd like to have a different key end the custom level option because I'm so used to pressing x to skip something (ie cave completion and in the level editor).  Also, possibly making the walrus lady scene skippable as well?

Just my thoughts  Tongue

Edit: The walrus damsel seems pointless without the completion of a level.  How about removing the problem altogether by making her unaccessible before you beat a level?  Also, what if a level has an x in the title and you want to type it ie !levelx?  Maybe a button to press to start typing level names rather than just being able to type all the time?
Idk.  Just throwin' stuff out there.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 07:21:01 PM by cerealkiller54 » Logged
Arucard
Mossy

Hey! Is that CANDY?!?!?

Arucard.Tepes
View Profile Email
« Reply #57 on: December 08, 2009, 08:44:58 AM »

I agree with skipping it, if you can skip the intro and title screen, then you should be able to skip this. It's been a while since the 1.0B, so I believe this and the "x" bug should be resolved in the next update.

Oh, they look like monsters to you?

There's a light in the darkness of everybody's life.
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #58 on: December 08, 2009, 12:21:13 PM »

Mabey thats what he worked on on his non-360 day?
that an unbombable blocks

Arucard
Mossy

Hey! Is that CANDY?!?!?

Arucard.Tepes
View Profile Email
« Reply #59 on: December 22, 2009, 07:41:00 AM »

I'm pretty sure this was mentioned in a previous version, but I believe it was stated as fixed:
You can still pick up damsels through a diagonal opening
Like this...
         Spelunky Wall
 Spelunky Dude Spelunky Wall
 Spelunky Wall Spelunky Damsel

I'm also interested in the "more detailed statistics" change. Is that the ways of death, monsters killed idea?

Oh, they look like monsters to you?

There's a light in the darkness of everybody's life.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
  Print  

Jump to: