Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  
Author Topic: To Do List (Spoilers)  (Read 56992 times)
Derek
Mossmouth
Mosskid

View Profile Email
« on: September 11, 2009, 08:05:59 PM »

Here's a list of stuff that I'd like to take care of for a future version.  This is mostly for me, so I don't forget something important, but you guys can keep up with what I'm working on (or aware of) here, too. Grin

High Priority (Crash/Freeze):

None that I know of.

Medium Priority (Effed Up):

[ ] Water draining has always been problematic.  I'm still looking for a solution that isn't too costly on the CPU.

Low Priority (Weird):

[ ] Thrown ropes can snag undesirably in certain situations.
[ ] "Impossible" paths are generated that require bombs/rope to get through.

Add:

« Last Edit: December 25, 2009, 08:45:57 PM by Derek » Logged
Anifanatic
Bean

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2009, 12:36:35 AM »

I can't think of anything that should be on these lists right now, but I have noticed falling on spikes from a height of 2 hasn't killed me before and the items in the unbreakable walls. Nice list, glad to see stuff that's been affecting me be addressed, keep up the good work!
eguee
Mosskid

HYAAAAH!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2009, 07:33:55 AM »

Erm, a bit hard to explain this but:
With the spectacles/Eye, if there is a diamond embedded in the wall like this:
B__|
|X_
A    |

And you approach from A or B, you get the diamond. I assume this works with other gems, but so far I only had it work with diamonds.
Anifanatic
Bean

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2009, 10:58:21 AM »

B__|
|X_
A    |

And you approach from A or B, you get the diamond. I assume this works with other gems, but so far I only had it work with diamonds.

OXXX
XXXX
OXXX

Like this? The diamond is in the wall (in the blue X) and you are at a Red O, and you can pull it out of the wall (Brown X, empty spaces are black)? I think I've encountered this before too.
Kegluneq
Big Bossy
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2009, 08:08:51 PM »

From two other threads I've made:

If you are playing as the Tunnel Man or the Damsel:
When running right with the down key, your character crawls at the speed of a run instead of running normally. Running left is still normal though.

Solarblade:
While playing as a damsel, a man-eating plant had apparently spawned next to a spelunker-in-distress and ate him. When said plant ate said spelunker, the spelunker turned into a damsel while being eaten. There was no way I could've gotten to him in time to save him.

Karmagasm:
Reverse stereo damsel distress sound bug is still around I see.

A wild SHINY MOSSY appeared!
Arucard
Mossy

Hey! Is that CANDY?!?!?

Arucard.Tepes
View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2009, 06:30:03 AM »

No! Don't fix the two square spike safety! I'll never make it! Oh, *ahem*, the only other thing I've noticed I have already reported. Bouncing damsels (and apparently anything that stuns) into spiderwebs, keeps them stunned if not touching ground. There's also that speed bug from jumping from a hanging object, or water. And the right tile for the trees, but maybe I'm the only one missing that?

Oh, they look like monsters to you?

There's a light in the darkness of everybody's life.
Credendo
Shoot

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2009, 09:49:25 PM »

Yeah I can confirm that at sufficient speed (I think full speed running) hitting the corner of a block with an embedded gem or even gold will pick up the item.
GreyMario
Bean

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2009, 10:11:28 PM »

Blocks can never have embedded gold in them. The gold is created when the gold block is destroyed. <_<
AceOfScarabs
Seedling

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2009, 11:46:56 PM »

When a monkey in Area 2 stuns you while you are on the way through a door, you get stunned and cannot recover.  The only recourse is to suicide or wait for the ghost.
Credendo
Shoot

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2009, 09:59:18 AM »

Odd, because I've twice now hit a gold laden brick and gotten money from it. Course it's possible I'm picking up a gem above it, but it is playing the gold collect sound not the gem collect sound. I will try to replicate.
beatthelastboss
Mossbaby

The Grue is watching you...

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2009, 01:12:23 PM »

Alien boss?  Shocked

Inventor of the Spelunky sound-scheme!

http://mossmouth.com/forums/index.php?topic=194.0

Almost-real-time spelunking stats, updated every time I play!

Wins: Nada
Losted: TOO MANY TIMES!!!
Times Reset: 0
Shortcuts: Only the first one...
Rooms unlocked: None

Current mission: Get next s
Arucard
Mossy

Hey! Is that CANDY?!?!?

Arucard.Tepes
View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2009, 09:36:05 PM »

Alien boss?  Shocked

Well, mini boss. Haven't seen him yet?

Oh, they look like monsters to you?

There's a light in the darkness of everybody's life.
Kegluneq
Big Bossy
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2009, 10:37:51 PM »

[ ] Water draining has always been problematic.  I'm still looking for a solution that isn't too costly on the CPU.
I have a suggestion.
The boulder has some special code to have its own little active region even if its outside the normal active region (your view) right?
Well, couldn't you do something similar to that in the part of the code where the water drains? Something like:
if (water is draining) activate_region(variables for the area around the draining water); instance_destroy();

Or something like that, assuming my understanding of GM and your code is correct.
But yea, you get the idea right?

EDIT: Something else that you might want to consider adding to the list: Disable saving of scores of any kind, main game or minigame, when using the Tunnel Man.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 09:51:21 PM by Kegluneq » Logged

A wild SHINY MOSSY appeared!
Derek
Mossmouth
Mosskid

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2009, 02:54:55 PM »

B__|
|X_
A    |

OXXX
XXXX
OXXX

Like this? The diamond is in the wall (in the blue X) and you are at a Red O, and you can pull it out of the wall (Brown X, empty spaces are black)? I think I've encountered this before too.

Spelunky DudeSpaceSpaceSpelunky Wall
Spelunky Marked WallSpelunky WallSpelunky WallSpelunky Wall
Spelunky DudeSpaceSpaceSpelunky Wall

I just added some extra smileys that you can use to diagram these situations better (or just have fun).  Just click on "[more]" next to the regular smileys to use them!

I'll add a few more later.
eguee
Mosskid

HYAAAAH!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2009, 04:10:37 PM »

When you try to cash in a damsel into a floating exit,(custom level) she falls and runs around screaming but you can't pick her up.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  

Jump to: