Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Maxing out the challenge rooms  (Read 3103 times)
ExplodingCabbage
Shoot

View Profile
« on: February 01, 2010, 10:49:46 PM »

I've been trying to get 99 on all the challenge rooms in v1.1.

Sun Room I think everyone who's tried has eventually got - you just use bombs to blow up one of the arrow traps, then shelter there whipping vampies until the ghost arrives and hope you get lucky and survive another 15 seconds. Easy.

Moon Room, not too hard to max out either. The key to success is running and jumping off the edge of your tower to get extra speed and hence range on your shots, letting you draw back the bow for less time before shooting and hence fire more quickly. Also, to go for the highest scoring targets as much as possible.

Stars Room, a bitch to max out. I reckon I can do it without too much difficulty with Tunnel Man if I clear out the bottom two rows of the level so I have space to run and jump around, but even then things get hairy once you have hordes of spiders dropping down. I'll see if I can do it tomorrow, if I do I'll upload videos of maxing out all the rooms to YouTube.

The real challenge, though, in my opinion, is maxing out the Stars Room with the Spelunker. Has anyone done this? Does anyone have any suggestions on how to proceed?

marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2010, 10:55:06 PM »

I haven't even gotten close to maxing it out, there then in my mods...

Show your power, Gun Del Hell! Show them their fate! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Here we go! Let's go, go, go, go, Django! Light and Dark! It comes down to this! Be afraid, Sun!
eguee
Mosskid

HYAAAAH!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2010, 01:27:33 AM »

Stars room: Jump on them and shoot while they're stunned. If I'm not wrong, spiders don't fall anymore, so it's a lot more easier. Or, you can hide in one of the little alcoves in the bottom corners of the room.
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2010, 01:36:43 AM »

Stars room: Jump on them and shoot while they're stunned. If I'm not wrong, spiders don't fall anymore, so it's a lot more easier. Or, you can hide in one of the little alcoves in the bottom corners of the room.
Um.. spiders fall MORE then they did before.

Show your power, Gun Del Hell! Show them their fate! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Here we go! Let's go, go, go, go, Django! Light and Dark! It comes down to this! Be afraid, Sun!
eguee
Mosskid

HYAAAAH!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2010, 01:38:48 AM »

Huh, I haven't had any spiders fall in the Stars room on me yet, and I've gotten up to 70 in that one.
ExplodingCabbage
Shoot

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2010, 12:37:46 PM »

Wow eguee, I can't even manage to jump on enough shopkeeper's heads without one of them disarming me and killing me to test your advice. I'd love to see a video of you maxing out the Stars Room if you think you're up to it.

eguee
Mosskid

HYAAAAH!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2010, 04:00:53 PM »

Not right now. My copy of Hypercam went kaput.
gummybears123
Mossy

Yummy Gummy!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2010, 03:21:47 PM »

The highest I went is 16... its really hard...

I made a rap.
It sounds dumb, like reading a map
I really should stop this thing before it goes too far
But I don't really car as long as I stay below the radar
Those big companies won't get me no
I'll get away before the fuzz show

-Most famous rapper of Mossmouth
Kirbylord
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: