Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Great shop-robbing method.  (Read 18546 times)
ipwnu1337
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2009, 07:16:03 PM »

It does work, you really just need to stack all the merchanidise in a corner or something so it doesn't get mixed up.  I've tested it several times.
GreyMario
Bean

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2009, 09:10:23 PM »

Great shop-robbing method?

I've got one better.

Steal item.
Run fast.
Jump over buckshot.
Land on Shopkeeper.
Grab shotgun QUICKLY.
Run away.
Blast Shopkeeper before he wakes up.
Chase after him.
Blast him again.
Huh?.
Profit.
AresRomanGod
Mossy

I am DEFINITELY not a mod. Flame when you see me.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2009, 04:46:25 PM »

That's not better. That's harder and more tedious.

Be afraid.
GreyMario
Bean

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2009, 06:37:50 PM »

My ass. It's easier than throwing a pot at the shopkeeper and safer too.
AresRomanGod
Mossy

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2009, 05:58:31 PM »

So having split second timing, flat terrain, and a shitload of luck is easier than throwing a pot at him? Okay.

Be afraid.
Mang
Shoot

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2009, 07:42:19 PM »

I made up a great way to rob shops that I'd say has >96% chance of working, even higher if the layout is proper, and it requires one bomb and very little skill.

1) grab any item from the shop and ALMOST steal it, walk to the very edge of the shop floor (if you even partly cross over to normal level-floor, he will kill you) to make the shopkeeper move to the shop door

2) walk past the shoppie devil again and put the item you almost stole behind him, keeping him as close to shop entrance as possible (note: don't drop an item "on" him, even if it's down+drop at point blank he sometimes kills you, walk past him, without moving him and drop the item behind him)

3) exit the shop and lay a bomb on floor just outside the shop's door, I stand squarely in the center of the first level-tile outside the shop, and down+BOMB, not switch-to-bomb->down+light-bomb's-fuse+throw, because that throws the bomb more than half a tile distance

4) in the ~5 seconds of time you have before the bomb explodes, move far away enough from the shopkeeper that he won't shoot you, or move out of his line of sight/hide behind something, but keep him in active area, do not go so far as to put him into the frozen area (if you don't know what this is, look it up)

5) the bomb destroys one or two sections of shop floor and maybe the shop's sign, shoppie the devil gets pissed, but he still touches the bomb explosion (which lasts like 0.7 seconds) and kills himself

6) profit, but fear the shoppie devil for the next few levels, or rest of the game.

This isn't as clever as the walking-jalapeno-briefly-eats-shoppie-the-devil trick, but it works on any world, almost any layout, and requires only one bomb (sometimes a rope to get into the shop, if you blew up crucial floor).

Good luck!
-Mang
ipwnu1337
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2009, 08:36:45 PM »

I still think throwing a pot is easier.  Just stack all the stuff in the corner, throw an ancient relic of pottery in his face, grab his boomstick, and run out of the shop.  Shoot only when he has recovered, since you have a high chance of missing if he is still obbbing up and down.  This is my new favorite method, except, sadly, in one level, I COULD NOT FIND ANY POTS.  =(
AresRomanGod
Mossy

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2009, 05:03:35 AM »

I still think throwing a pot is easier.  Just stack all the stuff in the corner, throw an ancient relic of pottery in his face, grab his boomstick, and run out of the shop.  Shoot only when he has recovered, since you have a high chance of missing if he is still obbbing up and down.  This is my new favorite method, except, sadly, in one level, I COULD NOT FIND ANY POTS.  =(

I'd love for you to talk this up, then watch it fail every single time.

Be afraid.
Arucard
Mossy

Hey! Is that CANDY?!?!?

Arucard.Tepes
View Profile Email
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2009, 07:32:02 AM »

I tried smacking him with a rock and I was dead before the rock hit the ground. Does the pot always stun him? I don't see why a pot would be stronger than a rock.

Oh, they look like monsters to you?

There's a light in the darkness of everybody's life.
AresRomanGod
Mossy

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2009, 01:52:31 PM »

I tried smacking him with a rock and I was dead before the rock hit the ground. Does the pot always stun him? I don't see why a pot would be stronger than a rock.

The pot breaks; the rock doesn't. Only things that break upon impact will stun him.

Be afraid.
Arucard
Mossy

Hey! Is that CANDY?!?!?

Arucard.Tepes
View Profile Email
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2009, 07:36:09 AM »

So a pot or skull, basically? Hmm.. I'll have to try this out, very interesting!

Oh, they look like monsters to you?

There's a light in the darkness of everybody's life.
AresRomanGod
Mossy

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2009, 12:36:07 PM »

So a pot or skull, basically? Hmm.. I'll have to try this out, very interesting!

Pretty much. Only those two will work.

Be afraid.
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2009, 11:28:17 PM »

I would say the plant eating him is better then shooting them, you don't have to deal with them later...

Show your power, Gun Del Hell! Show them their fate! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Here we go! Let's go, go, go, go, Django! Light and Dark! It comes down to this! Be afraid, Sun!
AresRomanGod
Mossy

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2009, 12:37:03 AM »

I would say the plant eating him is better then shooting them, you don't have to deal with them later...

The shopkeeper only pops out if you kill the plant, not stun it, right? Can somebody try sacrificing a plant that ate a shopkeeper and see what happens?

Be afraid.
eguee
Mosskid

HYAAAAH!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2009, 05:32:21 AM »

The shopkeeper only pops out if you kill the plant, not stun it, right? Can somebody try sacrificing a plant that ate a shopkeeper and see what happens?
On it, cheif.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: