Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: YASD : Yeti Loop  (Read 5145 times)
DiNo29
Seedling

View Profile Email
« on: September 11, 2009, 05:32:48 PM »

Edit : This post contains several spoilers, by the way.

Hey

I just discovered Spelunky a week ago, and it is an amazing game. Hadn't see a game with so much secrets and way to handle situations since I started playing Nethack, it's really great. Smiley

I came here to tell about a stupidly funny dead I got on my best run yet. I was down to the yeti area with ton of gears including a jetpack and a shotgun, and 10 hearts thanks to Kali's bloodsucking gift. I didn't have a lot of gold but that's not a problem, I'm only aiming to reach the end for now Smiley.

I was confidently jumping down near a yeti when  ... all hell broke loose. Please see for yourself, as no word may describe such sinister fate :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6iIIMdE7lE

Too bad I failed to record sound, you can actually hear me gaining hearts with Kali's gift way after my dead ^^.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2009, 05:35:31 PM by DiNo29 » Logged
Arucard
Mossy

Hey! Is that CANDY?!?!?

Arucard.Tepes
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2009, 05:30:51 AM »

That's pretty awesome, he actually pulverized you! I wonder if we should have a  separate video thread for all the things people record?

Oh, they look like monsters to you?

There's a light in the darkness of everybody's life.
johnnoz
Bean

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2009, 07:03:22 AM »

That's pretty awesome, he actually pulverized you! I wonder if we should have a  separate video thread for all the things people record?

maybe not just another thread but another subforum! - actually there should be one for spelunky 'tales' , like, run descriptions and vids

--posting from PSP
Uky
Shoot

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2009, 07:47:26 PM »

Hehe, that's a funny death. I've had the yeti loop death several times but never with the chalice to prolong the inevitable death.

maybe not just another thread but another subforum! - actually there should be one for spelunky 'tales' , like, run descriptions and vids
I like that idea. YASD/YAVP posts are pretty common in the rogue-like communities and having a place to collect them here for Spelunky sounds nice.
Arucard
Mossy

Hey! Is that CANDY?!?!?

Arucard.Tepes
View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2009, 01:47:59 AM »

Cool, think I'll get one going and ask that it be pinned, well a thread that is. If it starts loading up, maybe we will see it become a new board. For now I'll start with links to what is already here so you guys don't have to post it again. Here goes! Grin
« Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 01:50:03 AM by Arucard » Logged

Oh, they look like monsters to you?

There's a light in the darkness of everybody's life.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: