Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Spelunky process remains on if closed unproperly  (Read 11867 times)
Manored
Shoot

View Profile
« on: January 27, 2010, 11:02:21 AM »

Spenlunky's exit process is rather long, so I sometimes cut it on the middle by clicking the X or pressing X before the end, what usually brings up a (Spelunky found an error and must be closed) window (though it doesnt affects saves, aparently). But I have noticed that sometimes spenlunky's process remains on occupying 50% of my processing power, although its just a matter of ending it. Am I the only one with whom this happens? If yes, I will bother searching and posting my system specs =)
gummybears123
Mossy

Yummy Gummy!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2010, 03:10:18 PM »

This doesn't happen to me....

I made a rap.
It sounds dumb, like reading a map
I really should stop this thing before it goes too far
But I don't really car as long as I stay below the radar
Those big companies won't get me no
I'll get away before the fuzz show

-Most famous rapper of Mossmouth
Kirbylord
Arucard
Mossy

Hey! Is that CANDY?!?!?

Arucard.Tepes
View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2010, 02:28:07 AM »

Yeah, I've always closed it that way. It doesn't seem to continue running, but honestly I haven't had a reason to check.

Oh, they look like monsters to you?

There's a light in the darkness of everybody's life.
AresRomanGod
Mossy

I am DEFINITELY not a mod. Flame when you see me.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2010, 03:22:30 AM »

I just close the window.

Be afraid.
gummybears123
Mossy

Yummy Gummy!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2010, 03:03:06 PM »

I press alt + F4

I made a rap.
It sounds dumb, like reading a map
I really should stop this thing before it goes too far
But I don't really car as long as I stay below the radar
Those big companies won't get me no
I'll get away before the fuzz show

-Most famous rapper of Mossmouth
Kirbylord
locke
Seedling

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2010, 07:52:08 AM »

The first time I close Spelunky after a reboot the process stays on indefinitely and hogs as much processing resources as it can. Windows also prompts me with that standard dialogue: this program has encountered an error and bla bla bla.

It does not seem to matter how I close Spelunky but it happens only the first time I close Spelunky after a system reboot. The second time it closes just fine. I'm pretty sure this behaviour started with 1.1. The system is running Windows 7.

If there's any more information you think I can provide, please contact me. This is very much a reproducible bug on my system.
banna8
Mossbaby

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2010, 02:33:52 PM »

Ok guys, Just dont close it like that! press whip or escape on the credits screen, and the game will end. Also you can press escape then F10.

If you insist on closing Spelunky THE WRONG WAY, then do this....

press Ctrl + Alt + Delete to bring up the task manager.

Then go to processes.

Then find the Spelunky precess on the list.

Right click, and press end process.

IT'S JUST THAT EASY!!!
locke
Seedling

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2010, 02:47:37 PM »

I usually close it with the Escape-key and then F10 when the black screen comes up. However, if I press F10 too fast some times I lose focus instead of exiting, so I have begun using the little x instead some times.

The problem does not depend on how I close it. I bet I could even climb the rope and wait for the credits to roll out and I would still have the problem.

Again, it only happens the first time I play Spelunky after a reboot.
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2010, 02:54:56 PM »

I usually close it with the Escape-key and then F10 when the black screen comes up. However, if I press F10 too fast some times I lose focus instead of exiting, so I have begun using the little x instead some times.

The problem does not depend on how I close it. I bet I could even climb the rope and wait for the credits to roll out and I would still have the problem.

Again, it only happens the first time I play Spelunky after a reboot.
sounds like a system thing. I can't help.

Do you have this issue with other game maker games? how about mods?

Show your power, Gun Del Hell! Show them their fate! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Here we go! Let's go, go, go, go, Django! Light and Dark! It comes down to this! Be afraid, Sun!
locke
Seedling

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2010, 03:06:35 PM »

I don't have any other Gamemaker games, provide me an example and I will test for you.
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2010, 03:12:56 PM »

http://www.yoyogames.com/browse

Take your pick

Show your power, Gun Del Hell! Show them their fate! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Here we go! Let's go, go, go, go, Django! Light and Dark! It comes down to this! Be afraid, Sun!
locke
Seedling

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2010, 04:27:41 PM »

Ok, I tried Survivor.exe and it worked just fine... well it gave me some internal errors when I started the game but they were ignoreable. The point is that my problem is not for all Gamemaker games.
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2010, 10:26:57 PM »

Huh... well then... darn.

there goes my plan.

sorry.

DungeonPheonix
Bean

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2010, 05:12:35 PM »

I have recently begun to experience this bug as well. It usually happens with mods more often than not, though it has occured with the vanilla release. I am also using Windows 7, like locke, but it happens at random, regardless to reboots or other programs running or not.
Nale
Seedling

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2011, 04:39:30 PM »

Hi, I just found this thread on Google, and registered to report that I have this problem too.

I close the game normally with Escape+F10 but it continues to take up 50% of CPU power afterward. I am using Windows 7 and have version 1.1 of Spelunky.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: