Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
  Print  
Author Topic: Girl Power Mod! 0.9 5  (Read 49198 times)
banna8
Mossbaby

View Profile Email
« on: January 26, 2010, 03:09:44 PM »

Well, this mod introduces a couple of changes to the damsel's game. Most of which make the game easier:

1) Lipstick (it replaces bombs):
Gives you a kiss ability that has different effects, depending on what you do with it.

2) Bubble Gum! It lets you rise through the air. (it replaces ropes)

3) Float (SMB2 style)

4) One thing led to another.... (Procreation)

Also, don't skip the intro! (Don't do it!)

Here's a link:

V 0.9.5 (Fixed the lighting system) {brighter}
http://www.mediafire.com/?uz5n4wm0nem

SOURCE:
http://www.mediafire.com/?mgaiykvyomd
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 06:57:06 PM by banna8 » Logged
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2010, 03:27:26 PM »

it glitch out when you whip when you fly! other wise good so far.

Show your power, Gun Del Hell! Show them their fate! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Here we go! Let's go, go, go, go, Django! Light and Dark! It comes down to this! Be afraid, Sun!
calvin
Shoot

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2010, 03:34:28 PM »

lipstick + indy = 2 indys

put this in your browser
javascript:R=0; x1=.1; y1=.05; x2=.25; y2=.24; x3=1.6; y3=.24; x4=300; y4=200; x5=300; y5=200; DI=document.getElementsByTagName("img");

DIL=DI.length; function A(){for(i=0; i-DIL; i++){DIS=DI[ i ].style; DIS.position='absolute'; DIS.left=(Math.sin(R*x1+i*x2+x3)*x4+x5)+
banna8
Mossbaby

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2010, 03:36:14 PM »

shh! thats a secret! lol

It is intentional.
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2010, 03:37:40 PM »

Um... if you Procreate to make the new spelunker, does that mean you can have you son "kiss" you to heal you?

Show your power, Gun Del Hell! Show them their fate! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Here we go! Let's go, go, go, go, Django! Light and Dark! It comes down to this! Be afraid, Sun!
banna8
Mossbaby

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2010, 03:38:30 PM »

Yes.....  Dont over think it!  Shocked

Do you have any suggestions for increased difficulty mars?
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2010, 03:44:45 PM »

1) only back whip does damage, front whip is a flower.
2) glich makeing new spelunkers near a shop and they think they are to be sold

banna8
Mossbaby

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2010, 04:43:33 PM »

I added the flower, and completely removed the prewhip! (not entirely on purpose, but I'll probably keep it.)
Audioworm
Mossy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2010, 05:46:54 PM »

Ahem. The flower does no damage.

banna8
Mossbaby

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2010, 05:51:37 PM »

1) only back whip does damage, front whip is a flower.

That's the plan, It increases difficulty.
Dont worry though, I plan on includinge a scream attack.
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2010, 06:01:20 PM »

I added the flower, and completely removed the prewhip! (not entirely on purpose, but I'll probably keep it.)
Nice, glad to hear it!

name: Spelunker: Girl mode.

halibabica
Bossy
Mossy

old guard

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2010, 07:30:32 PM »

I actually kinda like the name Girl Power.  Anyway, I have a few suggestions:

The flower whip not doing any damage is an interesting twist, but it leaves you without one of the most straightforward and reliable weapons in the game.  And while she does have a number of advantages besides, I think it would help balance things out if she had more HP (like the Damsel's standard 8, perhaps?).

Also, I'd like to see the lipstick get a few more uses and become more available.  As it is, the only real use I can think of for it is to multiply Spelunkers for sacrifice at Kali's altar.  I think it'd be interesting if it could maybe charm shopkeeps into free merchandise or make cavemen friendly (instead of just blowing them away).  Also, about the Spelunker multiplying, could you limit it to just one per Spelunker?  That would make a bit more sense.  Oh, and being able to find them more readily would be good, too.  I think I saw one once, in a specialty shop, and it was only worth one more.  Kind of a ripoff.

I encountered a glitch where I had bombs and was unable to select lipstick until they were used up.  I think you already knew about that one, though.

Good work so far!  This has lots of potential.

Sometimes I wonder if I like Spelunky too much.
ManTrap mod - Tastes Like Spelunky
Hand-drawn comic - Spelunkying
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2010, 08:42:37 PM »

I actually kinda like the name Girl Power.  Anyway, I have a few suggestions:

The flower whip not doing any damage is an interesting twist, but it leaves you without one of the most straightforward and reliable weapons in the game.  And while she does have a number of advantages besides, I think it would help balance things out if she had more HP (like the Damsel's standard 8, perhaps?).

Also, I'd like to see the lipstick get a few more uses and become more available.  As it is, the only real use I can think of for it is to multiply Spelunkers for sacrifice at Kali's altar.  I think it'd be interesting if it could maybe charm shopkeeps into free merchandise or make cavemen friendly (instead of just blowing them away).  Also, about the Spelunker multiplying, could you limit it to just one per Spelunker?  That would make a bit more sense.  Oh, and being able to find them more readily would be good, too.  I think I saw one once, in a specialty shop, and it was only worth one more.  Kind of a ripoff.

I encountered a glitch where I had bombs and was unable to select lipstick until they were used up.  I think you already knew about that one, though.

Good work so far!  This has lots of potential.
1) she normally only has 4, but talks half damage form normal things so she doesn't have 8, but 8 would be the easyer way to do things
2) lipstick... does damage? what more do you want?
3) I do like you ideas

---
also lipstick is free when in a store.

banna8
Mossbaby

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2010, 09:34:46 PM »

lipstick was free because i was afraid of getting blasted by shopkeep. Right now, lipstick isnt free, spelunker only allows one baby, no more necrophilia, and a lipstick box (5 lipsticks) I'll load it up!

P.S. does anyone know how to add an item to pot/crates? thanks.
P.P.S. thanks for adding that table of contents Kegluneq !
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 09:48:52 PM by banna8 » Logged
halibabica
Bossy
Mossy

old guard

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2010, 11:23:42 PM »

spelunker only allows one baby
Bad news...you can only shoot the Spelunker once, but you can still shoot the baby to make another baby, and the end result is no different than before.  Does the baby-making have any functional use besides extra sacrifices, by the way?

Sometimes I wonder if I like Spelunky too much.
ManTrap mod - Tastes Like Spelunky
Hand-drawn comic - Spelunkying
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
  Print  

Jump to: