Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Sacrifice and Sacrifice 2.0  (Read 7196 times)
Bazly
Bulb

View Profile Email
« on: January 23, 2010, 05:28:34 PM »

Hey everyone! This is my first post here. The Sacrifice level concept was one I came up with when I saw one of the damsels get eaten by the man eating plants. Pretty simple idea: get to the end of the level solving various... heh... puzzles. I posted the original level on TIGSource, and now I'm posting it here! I also have a new one, Sacrifice 2.0.

Bit of a problem I'm having: I'm not really much of a Modder. Would there be any way to make it so that Spelunky CAN'T pick up the man eating plants when they're knocked out? Right now you can get through the level while saving a damsel, and I would like to make it a bit more difficult to do so. If anyone has any suggestions let me know.
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2010, 05:49:36 PM »

Well you could make that, but you would have to mod the game itself.

You see you can't make mods with levels, you have to mod the cod.

Show your power, Gun Del Hell! Show them their fate! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Here we go! Let's go, go, go, go, Django! Light and Dark! It comes down to this! Be afraid, Sun!
Bazly
Bulb

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2010, 06:26:20 PM »

I figured as much. Don't really think it's worth that much effort.  Tongue
halibabica
Mossy

old guard

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2010, 08:33:41 PM »

If you use mars' Evil Death Spelunky mod, the plants will wake up almost instantly.  Then again, you probably won't be able to get past them afterward...

I based my level, Omnomnom, around the same concept, but there was only one plant involved in that.

Sometimes I wonder if I like Spelunky too much.
ManTrap mod - Tastes Like Spelunky
Hand-drawn comic - Spelunkying
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2010, 08:41:52 PM »

If you use mars' Evil Death Spelunky mod, the plants will wake up almost instantly.  Then again, you probably won't be able to get past them afterward...

I based my level, Omnomnom, around the same concept, but there was only one plant involved in that.
But if he uses my mod, he can't sacrifice things!

Show your power, Gun Del Hell! Show them their fate! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Here we go! Let's go, go, go, go, Django! Light and Dark! It comes down to this! Be afraid, Sun!
halibabica
Mossy

old guard

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2010, 06:51:52 AM »

Ah, I think I misinterpreted what he meant.  I guess I should play the levels before offering advice on them...

Bazly
Bulb

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2010, 05:08:24 PM »

Yes play the levels! Haha. And tell me what you think!

Advice can come third.  Roll Eyes
halibabica
Mossy

old guard

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2010, 10:00:03 AM »

Ah, my assumptions were correct.  Just so you know, I was actually able to save three Damsels in the first Sacrifice.  You can jump clean past the first plant, and another can be saved from the spike totem. Wink

gummybears123
Mossy

Yummy Gummy!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2010, 03:15:07 PM »

In the second one too

I made a rap.
It sounds dumb, like reading a map
I really should stop this thing before it goes too far
But I don't really car as long as I stay below the radar
Those big companies won't get me no
I'll get away before the fuzz show

-Most famous rapper of Mossmouth
Kirbylord
Bazly
Bulb

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2010, 03:38:24 PM »

Ah, my assumptions were correct.  Just so you know, I was actually able to save three Damsels in the first Sacrifice.  You can jump clean past the first plant, and another can be saved from the spike totem. Wink

Yeah, the first one is quite old, very experimental. A lot of things don't work quite as I intended. With the spike totem the intention was to use the damsel to activate the spike totem so you could pass it without getting hit. Will have to fine tune that one.

Any comments on Sacrifice 2.0? How many damsels arep eople saving?
gummybears123
Mossy

Yummy Gummy!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2010, 07:05:03 PM »

I played it a few times before but never got through the whole thing, I'll try it now

I made a rap.
It sounds dumb, like reading a map
I really should stop this thing before it goes too far
But I don't really car as long as I stay below the radar
Those big companies won't get me no
I'll get away before the fuzz show

-Most famous rapper of Mossmouth
Kirbylord
grieck
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2010, 09:23:05 PM »

i could  only save two
halibabica
Mossy

old guard

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2010, 09:02:31 AM »

Well, I beat Sacrifice 2.0, and I was only able to save one Damsel.  However, I was able to spare the lives of four of them.  The ones in the block section toward the end are unsalvagable, but most of the ones involving mantraps don't even need to be moved.  You can defeat all the mantraps with your whip and careful jumping (except the one sinking in lava).  I'd have been able to save most of the Damsels if it weren't for those stupid body collision physics that make them crash into each other in midair. Angry

Good job; it's quite tough to spare them, but I think the first one was better (if only because of the signposts).

Bazly
Bulb

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2010, 05:28:24 PM »

Well, I beat Sacrifice 2.0, and I was only able to save one Damsel.  However, I was able to spare the lives of four of them.  The ones in the block section toward the end are unsalvagable, but most of the ones involving mantraps don't even need to be moved.  You can defeat all the mantraps with your whip and careful jumping (except the one sinking in lava).  I'd have been able to save most of the Damsels if it weren't for those stupid body collision physics that make them crash into each other in midair. Angry

Good job; it's quite tough to spare them, but I think the first one was better (if only because of the signposts).

Haha why thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed my humour.

I like that everyone makes such a strong effort ot save the damsels. It's cute.  Tongue I'm hoping to make a new and improved Sacrifice map soon.
eguee
Mosskid

HYAAAAH!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2010, 08:35:58 PM »

Saved all but two in sacrifice 1. Just whip before you jump and try to hit the plant before you land.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: