Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8
  Print  
Author Topic: Mushrooms  (Read 36963 times)
Hayden
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2010, 08:26:54 AM »

Well if you're talking about people going for it in the one run, yes.. They would go for it over and over.. If you mean every time they play, though, why not just randomize the sprites for the mushrooms each time, so that they won't know which mushrooms do which each time they play?

Unless you are doing that -- Then I wouldn't have a clue what you're on about. ;P

Actually, though.. I don't think they'd ignore other mushrooms. I'm sure they'd still be curious to see if any others might have good effects.. I know I would. Cheesy
MagiMaster
Bulb

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2010, 12:23:21 PM »

I do already randomize effects at the beginning of each run. What I mean is, once you start playing, you'll pick up all the mushrooms in the first couple of levels until you figure out what the healing one is, and afterwards there aren't enough other good effects for you to risk picking up anything besides that one.
Kirby
Mossy

Too Long Away

nrmario@hotmail.com
View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2010, 12:51:46 PM »

Only wimps will go for the healing mushroom. I for one will NOT go for the healing mushroom after I find out what it is. 8D

I'm learning Japanese!
Add me on Steam! http://steamcommunity.com/id/KirbyLord/
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2010, 01:14:55 PM »

then you will die!

Show your power, Gun Del Hell! Show them their fate! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Here we go! Let's go, go, go, go, Django! Light and Dark! It comes down to this! Be afraid, Sun!
Hayden
« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2010, 06:04:16 PM »

Well sure they know they can go for the one mushroom over and over, but that would ruin the spirit of the mod. I'm sure people will still pick up the other mushrooms out of curiosity, cos you've got a couple of good effects to spare, there, right? Just implement them for now.. And when you have more good ones, replace the crappy-good ones with the new cooler good ones.

--
Anyway, have you created the sprites for the mushrooms yet?
If so, look @ a.
If not, look @ b.

a) Do they look pro? Maybe if you're not good at creating the sprites you could get one of the good pixel artists here to help you out.

b) Repeating what I said in a), maybe you could get someone to help you out. If not, does that mean you're working on them?

Actually screw those answers.. Just update me on the sprites please. Smiley
MagiMaster
Bulb

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2010, 06:10:13 PM »

I'm using the mushroom sprites that come with Spelunky. Apparently Derek had planned on including mushrooms at some point (or possibly included them for future mods).

Anyway, I'm assuming that you wouldn't pick up a mushroom that you knew would be all bad at the very least (having tried it at least once already). Currently, that'd be most of them.
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2010, 06:15:36 PM »

I'm using the mushroom sprites that come with Spelunky. Apparently Derek had planned on including mushrooms at some point (or possibly included them for future mods).

Anyway, I'm assuming that you wouldn't pick up a mushroom that you knew would be all bad at the very least (having tried it at least once already). Currently, that'd be most of them.
The mushrooms where made because at one point you had to eat.

Show your power, Gun Del Hell! Show them their fate! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Here we go! Let's go, go, go, go, Django! Light and Dark! It comes down to this! Be afraid, Sun!
MagiMaster
Bulb

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2010, 06:17:44 PM »

Oh yeah. Now that you mention that, I think I remember reading that elsewhere.
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2010, 06:30:27 PM »

I wish I could find who said that.

gummybears123
Mossy

Yummy Gummy!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2010, 07:29:35 PM »

That was sarcasm right?  As in you said that?

I made a rap.
It sounds dumb, like reading a map
I really should stop this thing before it goes too far
But I don't really car as long as I stay below the radar
Those big companies won't get me no
I'll get away before the fuzz show

-Most famous rapper of Mossmouth
Kirbylord
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2010, 08:32:33 PM »

No no it wasn't. I heard it many places before I said it here.

But I see why you would think that.

Hayden
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2010, 12:08:40 AM »

Cool. Eating actually would have been pretty fun. Maybe someone should make a mod with that in it. Smiley

Anyway, good to know that the sprites are already included. That should be a great time-saver.

Well, keep up the good work so far.

.. Unless you don't want to. Bailing a mod is always understandable in my eyes. I don't know anything at all with game maker.. Too confusing.
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2010, 01:05:56 AM »

Cool. Eating actually would have been pretty fun. Maybe someone should make a mod with that in it. Smiley

Anyway, good to know that the sprites are already included. That should be a great time-saver.

Well, keep up the good work so far.

.. Unless you don't want to. Bailing a mod is always understandable in my eyes. I don't know anything at all with game maker.. Too confusing.
Game maker isn't confusing, you just aren't looking at it the right way.

Hayden
« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2010, 01:45:06 AM »

I'm talking about scripts. I should have mentioned that.
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2010, 02:09:02 AM »

It's like drag and drop, but you have to type it, and then call it in an object.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8
  Print  

Jump to: