Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Spelunky on Wiiware?  (Read 3521 times)
Kirby
Mossy

Too Long Away

nrmario@hotmail.com
View Profile WWW
« on: September 10, 2009, 04:24:08 PM »

Hi there, I was just thinking of something. Spelunky's gonna be on XBLA soon right? So why not talk to Nintendo about getting it on Wiiware too? I mean not everybody has an Xbox 360, and quite a few people have a Wii. You might be able to expand your audience with it.
Best regards,
Kirby Lord

I'm learning Japanese!
Add me on Steam! http://steamcommunity.com/id/KirbyLord/
johnnoz
Bean

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2009, 06:36:11 PM »

This would be great, but from what I know about xbox live development porting from it to the wii, or any other platform, would be a huge amount of work.

But if it is possible i reckon it'd be worth it; the most hyped indie games coming out soon are pretty much split half/half across the two platforms and most people only own one of the two. It'd be almost doubling the audience.
pmprog
Bulb

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2009, 01:53:14 AM »

If you weren't too bothered about how "official" it was, you could always port it using devKitPro and running it through the Homebrew channel
Anifanatic
Bean

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2009, 10:54:03 AM »

If you weren't too bothered about how "official" it was, you could always port it using devKitPro and running it through the Homebrew channel
I think you're missing the point. >.>;
Phasma Felis
Shoot

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2009, 10:29:21 PM »

Clearly we need to just port Game Maker to all the current platforms. Then we can port those games easily!

Just as soon as they finish porting the Macintosh version. It's only been, what, three years since they announced it? I'm sure they'll be finished soon.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: