Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Music!  (Read 3971 times)
TheBox42
Seedling

View Profile
« on: September 10, 2009, 11:48:53 AM »

Hello dear Spelunkers!

Today, I was trying to learn the cave theme melody, since it's so addicting. It's obviously in major, and then in minor when the ghost comes. I'm having a hellish time picking out the notes, because my ear isn't well-trained.

Can anyone help me?

-- A leash is only a rope with a noose at both ends.
Annihilator Beta
Shoot

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2009, 07:26:54 PM »

I'm certain it's just the pitch that changes when the ghost comes in.

Assuming you were listening to the melody in-game, you should instead listen to the source sound file (music/cave.ogg) with a suitable audio playing/editing program of your taste.

What I usually do is cut the song up all into short pieces, within reasonable length for each repetition, then rewinding the said piece over and over until I can make sure of it, at which point I would write the notes down.

From this point onward, it's just rinse and repeat with the rest of the song.

There may be other ways as well, but this has been very useful for me. (I've written down notes for plenty of other melodies this way as well.)
Retodon8
Seedling

6764184 retodon8@hotmail.com Retodon8
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2009, 07:25:48 AM »

Another music question:
Did older versions of the game have different music?
I've seen a few early game recordings on YouTube with different, but identical (across those videos) music.

Retodon8
Vanguard
Shoot

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2009, 04:31:32 PM »

The first version I played used the music we currently have.  I believe that it always used the same music.

Could those videos have been made by the same person?  Maybe linking one would help get it figured out?
AresRomanGod
Mossy

I am DEFINITELY not a mod. Flame when you see me.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2009, 09:25:00 PM »

I'll make an Alto Saxophone version of the cave music, record it, then link it up. Tell me what you guys think.

Be afraid.
KarjamP
Mossy

Meet Miijam!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2009, 09:29:25 AM »

In the beta's, there used to be a "Ghost" theme when the ghost appears, though it seems to be taken out.

Meet Bodyless!

3DS friendcode: 4210 - 4681 - 1626

Join Dropbox!

BTC: 1M7MKFdwwrDqqowMUkrCXKhcEi7a16pwWy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: