Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14
  Print  
Author Topic: EVIL DEATH Spelunky verson 0.51 or something.  (Read 63500 times)
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #180 on: January 27, 2010, 03:40:59 PM »

Which I am working on to make better!

(and stop fireballs from off screen)

Show your power, Gun Del Hell! Show them their fate! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Here we go! Let's go, go, go, go, Django! Light and Dark! It comes down to this! Be afraid, Sun!
gummybears123
Mossy

Yummy Gummy!

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 27, 2010, 07:08:49 PM »

How did you get that far?

By knowing which items to prioritize picking up early on. I always buy items rather than steal, and go out of my way to pick up relatively safe money in the early stages. This is the general order of importance:

The cape is a godsend, but I'd often rather buy several of the items below than just pick up the cape, as the cape loses most of its usefulness in the temple.

The compass is essential for the ice caves, as the crazy UFOs and yetis don't give you the chance to think about what direction you should be heading in.

Stocking up on as many bombs as possible is good, they help in side stepping nearly impossible situations in the jungle and especially the temple.

Spike shoes can be helpful, but I'm still evaluating their overall usefulness.

I make it a point to always have a rock with me. They are important for setting off arrow traps and doom frogs. I swap them for damsels, since damsels serve most of the same purposes in a pinch with the added bonus of giving +1 HP at level end.

Doing all this + adding my skill makes the first three areas surmountable, but the temple in its current state is pretty luck intensive.

Thanks for the tips!

And add totally new stuff MGG!!

I made a rap.
It sounds dumb, like reading a map
I really should stop this thing before it goes too far
But I don't really car as long as I stay below the radar
Those big companies won't get me no
I'll get away before the fuzz show

-Most famous rapper of Mossmouth
Kirbylord
Bae
Mossy

Pro YoCo strats #AGDQ2014 #GYCL

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 07, 2010, 04:00:06 AM »

-quoted from my topic, moved here since it's of more use here-

Based on what you think of tastes like booms, I am kinda suprized you didn't say anything about gates of hell/evil death

Hey Mars, guess what I just found, I was going through the levels in my Mods folders and found a file called "Terror".

It turns out I made a level for Evildeath when I first downloaded it, and I just picked it up and edited, there was a nearly impossible jump at the beginning and the rest of it was pretty easy considering everything. I feel I've balanced it better, you still have 99 health so it shouldn't be hard for a skilled player, but the insta-deaths are a problem ~(e w e ~)

http://www.mediafire.com/?8jyk2cdvui82j2t

Since I wrapped that one up all nice and neat it also has the honor of being First to go on my website~

[0/18]complete

think about it. Zom-bees.
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #183 on: August 07, 2010, 09:56:15 AM »

yay!* downloads and runs *

I just played it. After playing gates of hell so much, I had forgotten just how messed up I made evil death.

gates of hell will be much better, a little easier or harder.

biased on what spawns
« Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 10:22:57 AM by marsgreekgod » Logged

Show your power, Gun Del Hell! Show them their fate! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Here we go! Let's go, go, go, go, Django! Light and Dark! It comes down to this! Be afraid, Sun!
Bae
Mossy

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 07, 2010, 03:07:10 PM »

:'D I cant tell if that means you like the level or not

[0/18]complete

marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #185 on: August 07, 2010, 03:48:50 PM »

:'D I cant tell if that means you like the level or not
The level is nice, a little simple. I would like you to make a level in gates of hell. the fact that you can make bad guys evil/good/normal helps a lot. also jaws is way to easy in your level.

Bae
Mossy

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 08, 2010, 12:36:16 AM »

I'll Consider working with GoH later when I have less on my spelunky plate

in other news guess what I found out didnt work?

i was trying to see if TestKey would work in the editor plus, i dont think it does i could be wrong (/o<0)/

I kind of plan on revamping testkey for use with editor plus, and host it on my site if thats okay? Ill leave it so that the credit still shows you made it, ill just leave a tiny line on the entry for it that says i converted it, this is fine yes?

Edit: woops forgot to mention, this is the level that inspired terror, I really like it for some reason lol

Edit2: So I actually went and made 3 versions compatible with editor plus
http://www.mediafire.com/?0g09i68l366jg95 This is a faithful conversion of Testkey from EvilDeath to Editor Plus
http://www.mediafire.com/?yat6htd8a7jtxd3 This is an Easy mode version of testkey, fairly easy indeed, you can probably keep most of your starting hp
http://www.mediafire.com/?juai41tt1nt7wnb This is the hard mode. I don't know what to say about it, its definitely harder, but I don't know if its hard enough. Comments on that if you please, I might be looking at it through developer's eyes which makes every level seem I make seem easier, but all of the forumgoers are pretty hardcore at this game so I might not be the only one who thinks so. A note about it, I tried to include a save-trap like one of my Knytt stories levels but I couldn't get it to work. The save trap is supposed to have you run to a save spot under a fall/crush/whatever trap but the falling spikes move too fast in this so if you die you respawn and die again.

On a sorta unrelated note, I think you'd like my Knytt levels.

d(e w e  d) I watched my girlfriend play that part, funniest thing ever, shes better then me at most games too

Rightmost of the pic you can see the Savetrap, there's also a lot of popout spikes you cant see. I'm off topic though, posting Knytt in the Spelunky forums, that like posting Anime in /co/

edit 3: THIS POST IS NOW HUEG
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 04:49:31 AM by Baekara » Logged

[0/18]complete

Bae
Mossy

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 19, 2010, 01:04:36 AM »

shameless bump
Mars where did you go.

[0/18]complete

marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #188 on: August 19, 2010, 01:27:48 PM »

working on gates of hell?

I don't really update this anymore. gates of hell is the upgraded remake.

Bae
Mossy

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 19, 2010, 03:57:56 PM »

Uh okay, but I asked a specific question in my long post, If I could put the remakes I made of testkey on my site? and I provided links and stuff

[0/18]complete

marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #190 on: August 19, 2010, 05:32:57 PM »

Uh okay, but I asked a specific question in my long post, If I could put the remakes I made of testkey on my site? and I provided links and stuff

I don't remember you asking that! sorry I must of missed it. You made an edit of text key? what? I don't know what you mean, but you can do anything you like with evil death.

Bae
Mossy

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 19, 2010, 07:26:09 PM »

http://mossmouth.com/forums/index.php?topic=650.msg38949#msg38949

This you silly wingnut

[0/18]complete

marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #192 on: August 19, 2010, 07:29:53 PM »

I still have no clue what test key is.

Bae
Mossy

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 19, 2010, 07:31:08 PM »

One of the levels you included with evil death, go ahead and download the editor plus versions I made, You'll remember.

and I suppose i will remake it for goh too later.

[0/18]complete

marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #194 on: August 19, 2010, 07:39:52 PM »

OHHHHH right.

I can port that if you like...

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14
  Print  

Jump to: