Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14
  Print  
Author Topic: EVIL DEATH Spelunky verson 0.51 or something.  (Read 63649 times)
gummybears123
Mossy

Yummy Gummy!

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: January 23, 2010, 07:52:38 AM »

Oh... go slower?  Sorry, I was thinking that you were changing the effect....

I made a rap.
It sounds dumb, like reading a map
I really should stop this thing before it goes too far
But I don't really car as long as I stay below the radar
Those big companies won't get me no
I'll get away before the fuzz show

-Most famous rapper of Mossmouth
Kirbylord
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #166 on: January 23, 2010, 11:23:27 AM »

go slower?

Why would you think I was changing the effect? We said, make it weaker nerf it.

Show your power, Gun Del Hell! Show them their fate! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Here we go! Let's go, go, go, go, Django! Light and Dark! It comes down to this! Be afraid, Sun!
gummybears123
Mossy

Yummy Gummy!

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 23, 2010, 12:00:08 PM »

I didn't think of it, sorry
I couldn't think of a way to nerf monkeys that instantaneously kill you... I thought you were going to nerf the effect?

I made a rap.

Kirbylord
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #168 on: January 23, 2010, 12:02:15 PM »

well the thing is you didn't need to think of it, you needed to think of a way to nerf monkeys that one hit kill you AND jump super fast

Show your power, Gun Del Hell! Show them their fate! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Here we go! Let's go, go, go, go, Django! Light and Dark! It comes down to this! Be afraid, Sun!
gummybears123
Mossy

Yummy Gummy!

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 23, 2010, 12:04:27 PM »

They seem normal speed...

I made a rap.

Kirbylord
Kefit
Bulb

Kefit42
View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 25, 2010, 04:02:45 AM »

I had a nice run from the start up to level 15 earlier today where I killed three super monkeys on my way. With my whip. They are still ridiculous though and definitely need to be nerfed.

I think some changes need to be made to the temple to enhance playability, but I'm still not sure what. I'll think about it some more during my next play session.

I also finally beat the tutorial. With the Spelunker, of course. The very end requires quite a bit of luck.
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #171 on: January 25, 2010, 11:05:37 AM »

I had a nice run from the start up to level 15 earlier today where I killed three super monkeys on my way. With my whip. They are still ridiculous though and definitely need to be nerfed.

I think some changes need to be made to the temple to enhance playability, but I'm still not sure what. I'll think about it some more during my next play session.

I also finally beat the tutorial. With the Spelunker, of course. The very end requires quite a bit of luck.
good job! as soon as I think of a few more things to change I well update,  fixing monkeys (and upgrading normal monkeys a bit) and fixing fireballs, as well as updating shop keeps.

Glad to hear you beat the tutorial.

Kefit
Bulb

Kefit42
View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 25, 2010, 12:41:49 PM »

After some thought, I've come to the conclusion that removing the invulnerability of the super cultists in the temple might increase playability significantly. In fact, I think that they should be susceptible to the whip.
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #173 on: January 25, 2010, 12:43:30 PM »

Duely noted, and it well be changed as such. I think they well still be bad anyway..

thanks. I do that then post a new one.

gummybears123
Mossy

Yummy Gummy!

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 25, 2010, 03:29:53 PM »

I still cant beat the tutorial

I made a rap.

Kirbylord
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #175 on: January 25, 2010, 03:31:01 PM »

What seems to be the problem?

Kefit
Bulb

Kefit42
View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 27, 2010, 03:18:04 PM »

So I made it to the boss from a level one start, without even a cape to help me.

The very first monster it spawned was one of those really rare fanged evil death bats. It flew up into the frozen area and then rained fireballs on me non-stop.

Then I died.

I should probably figure out how to beat the boss before I try to beat this from the start, I suppose.
gummybears123
Mossy

Yummy Gummy!

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 27, 2010, 03:19:19 PM »

How did you get that far?

I made a rap.

Kirbylord
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #178 on: January 27, 2010, 03:21:28 PM »

So I made it to the boss from a level one start, without even a cape to help me.

The very first monster it spawned was one of those really rare fanged evil death bats. It flew up into the frozen area and then rained fireballs on me non-stop.

Then I died.

I should probably figure out how to beat the boss before I try to beat this from the start, I suppose.
That would be... a glich. I am sorry you died from a glich.

Kefit
Bulb

Kefit42
View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 27, 2010, 03:36:22 PM »

How did you get that far?

By knowing which items to prioritize picking up early on. I always buy items rather than steal, and go out of my way to pick up relatively safe money in the early stages. This is the general order of importance:

The cape is a godsend, but I'd often rather buy several of the items below than just pick up the cape, as the cape loses most of its usefulness in the temple.

The compass is essential for the ice caves, as the crazy UFOs and yetis don't give you the chance to think about what direction you should be heading in.

Stocking up on as many bombs as possible is good, they help in side stepping nearly impossible situations in the jungle and especially the temple.

Spike shoes can be helpful, but I'm still evaluating their overall usefulness.

I make it a point to always have a rock with me. They are important for setting off arrow traps and doom frogs. I swap them for damsels, since damsels serve most of the same purposes in a pinch with the added bonus of giving +1 HP at level end.

Doing all this + adding my skill makes the first three areas surmountable, but the temple in its current state is pretty luck intensive.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14
  Print  

Jump to: