Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14
  Print  
Author Topic: EVIL DEATH Spelunky verson 0.51 or something.  (Read 63646 times)
gummybears123
Mossy

Yummy Gummy!

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 12, 2010, 09:52:36 PM »

There are many bugs.... I get a few pics here

I made a rap.
It sounds dumb, like reading a map
I really should stop this thing before it goes too far
But I don't really car as long as I stay below the radar
Those big companies won't get me no
I'll get away before the fuzz show

-Most famous rapper of Mossmouth
Kirbylord
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #61 on: January 12, 2010, 10:01:02 PM »

Well post them i want to fix them!

Show your power, Gun Del Hell! Show them their fate! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Here we go! Let's go, go, go, go, Django! Light and Dark! It comes down to this! Be afraid, Sun!
Kirby
Mossy

Too Long Away

nrmario@hotmail.com
View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: January 12, 2010, 10:08:37 PM »

No it just stopped moving. The one in the tutorial. Anyway, editing the video of my ALMOST win of the tutorial as Spelunky. I died in front of the door.

I'm learning Japanese!
Add me on Steam! http://steamcommunity.com/id/KirbyLord/
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #63 on: January 12, 2010, 10:45:42 PM »

Oh darn that sucks. If it makes you feel better it took me 39 tries to beat it.

Show your power, Gun Del Hell! Show them their fate! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Here we go! Let's go, go, go, go, Django! Light and Dark! It comes down to this! Be afraid, Sun!
Kefit
Bulb

Kefit42
View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 13, 2010, 01:34:19 PM »

Bug: Ending a level with negative gold (due to green scarabs) will make the game hang during the between levels screen.

Bug: Mummy flies travel so quickly that they sometimes clip through blocks. This bug was present in the previous version as well, but I didn't think to mention it.

I don't think I like the new super death monkeys. My idea was to make you scared of monkeys and have to carefully take care of them, since in a regular game I don't consider them any kind of threat and literally just run through them. As it is, the super death monkeys are a pretty solid wall of death, and usually force me to bomb another route through the stage.

I don't like the red mummy either, since it cannot be manipulated in any way. With the regular mummy I can often think of absurd ways to get past it without death, but the red mummy never pauses to give me a chance to do anything.

Also, something in the ice caves was seemingly ignoring the frozen area and spewing fireballs at me from way off screen. I'll look more into this.

Edit:
Loving the new super frogs. Quite the surprise when I first jumped on one.

And since when super UFO lasers do that. I've have to do some testing to see how this affects playability.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 01:40:41 PM by Kefit » Logged
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #65 on: January 13, 2010, 02:59:23 PM »

Bug: Ending a level with negative gold (due to green scarabs) will make the game hang during the between levels screen.
Answer: make gold never go negative. got it.

Bug: Mummy flies travel so quickly that they sometimes clip through blocks. This bug was present in the previous version as well, but I didn't think to mention it.
I'll... guess I slow it down a bit.

I don't think I like the new super death monkeys. My idea was to make you scared of monkeys and have to carefully take care of them, since in a regular game I don't consider them any kind of threat and literally just run through them. As it is, the super death monkeys are a pretty solid wall of death, and usually force me to bomb another route through the stage.
Answer: not insta death on touch, but a little bit of time.

I don't like the red mummy either, since it cannot be manipulated in any way. With the regular mummy I can often think of absurd ways to get past it without death, but the red mummy never pauses to give me a chance to do anything.
Answer: longer attack timer, slower flys, more of them.

Also, something in the ice caves was seemingly ignoring the frozen area and spewing fireballs at me from way off screen. I'll look more into this.
I think it's ufo's... I check it out.

Edit:
Loving the new super frogs. Quite the surprise when I first jumped on one
the doom frogs?

And since when super UFO lasers do that. I've have to do some testing to see how this affects playability.
I did about 40 runs in the ice cave and didn't run into anything... let me know if you find anything.

thanks for the help

Kirby
Mossy

Too Long Away

nrmario@hotmail.com
View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: January 13, 2010, 04:30:01 PM »

I am going to video tape my attempt at beating this horrible version.
In other words, I'm going to die.

I'm learning Japanese!
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #67 on: January 13, 2010, 04:36:20 PM »

I hope you win.

Kefit
Bulb

Kefit42
View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 13, 2010, 05:09:52 PM »

Super monkeys causing death instantly on contact is fine. The issue is that they are too fast and resilient to avoid or kill. My suggestion would be to make their statistics identical to regular monkeys aside from the insta-death thing. The means normal monkey movement and 1hp. Still a huge threat, especially when you are busy dealing with vampire bats and doom frogs, but not an insurmountable wall of death.
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #69 on: January 13, 2010, 07:33:43 PM »

Duly noted and well be changed as per your suggestion. thanks for the help

Kirby
Mossy

Too Long Away

nrmario@hotmail.com
View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: January 13, 2010, 10:05:47 PM »

My video of attempting this monstrosity is uploading. Had to cut out some parts, only got to Jungle levels, then attempted tutorial.

I'm learning Japanese!
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #71 on: January 13, 2010, 10:10:26 PM »

Yay! glad to hear it.

Kirby
Mossy

Too Long Away

nrmario@hotmail.com
View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: January 13, 2010, 10:33:01 PM »

Gah stupid soundtrack violations. Added a small bit to the end though, involving my mishap in the tutorial.

EDIT: Here, tell me if the soundtracks not working. Evil Death Spelunky Bits and Pieces (Literally!)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 10:59:46 PM by Kirby Lord » Logged

I'm learning Japanese!
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #73 on: January 13, 2010, 11:21:13 PM »

Nice video! (half way threw, sound works!)

grieck
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #74 on: January 16, 2010, 08:48:40 PM »

what do you record with, seems to go smooth
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14
  Print  

Jump to: