Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 44
  Print  
Author Topic: Spelunky Editor Plus - Version 4.5 (With Sauce!)  (Read 285044 times)
marsgreekgod
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #270 on: May 15, 2010, 05:41:48 PM »

OlMeatmec is too big for that!  But you could always put water tiles all around him yourself...at least with the way I set it up.
And you think I wouldn't do it? And it's much easyer then that my friend.

Show your power, Gun Del Hell! Show them their fate! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Here we go! Let's go, go, go, go, Django! Light and Dark! It comes down to this! Be afraid, Sun!
hyperme
Mosskid

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: May 16, 2010, 09:08:03 AM »

Update!
Now with Hidden exits, items, Ash Graves and the Water with Water Below Tile.
Known & Unknown
Mossy

Known for short!

View Profile Email
« Reply #272 on: May 16, 2010, 11:05:03 AM »

the first page download gives me the version before the one before the current one

hyperme
Mosskid

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: May 16, 2010, 12:13:26 PM »

Reuploaded, for justice.
Known & Unknown
Mossy

Known for short!

View Profile Email
« Reply #274 on: May 16, 2010, 12:42:22 PM »

My stupid computer is not downloading this right then.
It keeps forcing me to open the file with something.

JpC812
Seedling

View Profile
« Reply #275 on: June 10, 2010, 09:06:35 AM »

Sorry, I am very late to this party.  I just found and downloaded the Level editor plus and it absolutely rocks.  I am having a few difficulties and some questions...

To start:
The exit with the "?" - random hidden exit, correct?  If so, can it be labelled to exit to a particular level?  I label it, but it does not save.

The three piece items, one has an "I", a frame above and what looks to be a border to the right.  I do not understand it's use.

The other one, an exit, a stone block below and the same border to the right.  Same, I can't quite understand it's use.

It seems that exits have destructable blocks below them which makes it impossible to exit if they are destroyed.

The Question block with the frame - I believe I mostly understand it's use.  Leave the frame blank and it adds random items throughout the map embedded in stone.  Enter an item in the frame and it randomly adds said item to the map, as above.  Now my question is, does using it with a particular hidden item, does it automatically add other random items also.

Thank you in advance for any help and thanks again for this awesome mod.
hyperme
Mosskid

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: June 10, 2010, 09:25:20 AM »

The exit with the "?" - random hidden exit, correct?  If so, can it be labelled to exit to a particular level?  I label it, but it does not save.
Yes and yes.  it may not be saving due to other exits you may have placed.  If it's the only exit, open the level file in notepad, scroll down and delete any level names and the bottom.
The three piece items, one has an "I", a frame above and what looks to be a border to the right.  I do not understand it's use.

The other one, an exit, a stone block below and the same border to the right.  Same, I can't quite understand it's use.
They place fixed, hidden exits/items.  Put the tile type you want o hide it in in the border like thing, and for the item, put the item in the frame.

It seems that exits have destructable blocks below them which makes it impossible to exit if they are destroyed.
Any block under an exit is nigh-invunrable. And I think if you go away from it and back to it, it makes a block
The Question block with the frame - I believe I mostly understand it's use.  Leave the frame blank and it adds random items throughout the map embedded in stone.  Enter an item in the frame and it randomly adds said item to the map, as above.  Now my question is, does using it with a particular hidden item, does it automatically add other random items also.
Yes it does.

Thank you in advance for any help and thanks again for this awesome mod.

No problem!
JpC812
Seedling

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: June 10, 2010, 11:19:35 AM »

They place fixed, hidden exits/items.  Put the tile type you want o hide it in in the border like thing, and for the item, put the item in the frame.

Does this only work to bury something at ground level?  Since the frame to select the buried item is one space above the "I", it doesn't seem possible to bury something under additional ground without leaving a blank space above where the buried item lies.

Any block under an exit is nigh-invunrable. And I think if you go away from it and back to it, it makes a block

Tested with standard placed exit and a CoG (sceptre/hedjet) exit.  Both can have their underlying blocks destroyed and walking away and back does nothing to remedy it.  Tested with hidden exits and their underlying blocks remain.

Yes and yes.  it may not be saving due to other exits you may have placed.  If it's the only exit, open the level file in notepad, scroll down and delete any level names and the bottom.

No special exits (Fixed hidden, random hidden, CoG) keep their destination labels once saved.

Additionally, is it possible to have random gold embedded in the ground blocks?  I have seen a few pieces of it, but have no idea how to add it.

Edit - How about a randomly placed hidden treasure chest?  Can it contain an item other than the Udjat eye?  My test tells me no, but I am likely wrong.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 11:31:19 AM by JpC812 » Logged
hyperme
Mosskid

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: June 10, 2010, 01:15:53 PM »

Special Exits - Open .lvl file in notepad, delete level naems and bottom if it doesn't work.

Chest - The chest has it's own frame.  Put an item in there and the chest in the hiding frame.
And yeah, you only get ground level hidden items.
halibabica
Bossy
Mossy

old guard

View Profile Email
« Reply #279 on: June 10, 2010, 07:51:24 PM »

I see you did things a little differently with your version, hyperme.  My item burying object in TLS can be set any distance underground (except ground level).  Also, I had to jump through some hoops to get level labeling to work for the extra doors.  Make sure the objects created share oExit as their parent (or the game won't recognize them as such).

Also, the blocks under normal exits have never been invincible.  It's necessary for the ones underground because you have to dig them up, but otherwise it's expected for you to not be so stupid as to destroy your chances of leaving the level.

Sometimes I wonder if I like Spelunky too much.
ManTrap mod - Tastes Like Spelunky
Hand-drawn comic - Spelunkying
JpC812
Seedling

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: June 10, 2010, 07:54:41 PM »

One more question. (Well, probably not)

Does the placement of the hidden item piece (Question mark with frame) on the level layout  have any bearing on the location chosen to bury the item?

In my level, the placement of said pieces in the upper left quad of my map seems to spawn the two hidden items in the upper half of the map each time.

Same question RE: the hidden exit placement item.  The placement does not seem to be truly random.  The hidden exit keeps spawning in the top few levels of stone placed in my map.

Any clarification on that?  Thanks!   Grin
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 08:11:27 PM by JpC812 » Logged
halibabica
Bossy
Mossy

old guard

View Profile Email
« Reply #281 on: June 10, 2010, 08:19:23 PM »

In my version of the mod, random items and doors are more likely to spawn near where the player starts.  I doubt hyperme did things exactly the way I did, so the items/doors are more likely to appear near their location on the map.  As for them tending to appear in the earliest set of blocks, that's a randomnity issue.  The object checks each solid nearby in whatever order GM specifies, and hides itself inside when some random number is reached.  It can never be truly random, but hyperme could lower the chances of a block being the one chosen to force it through more potential blocks.

If that made any sense at all.

JpC812
Seedling

View Profile
« Reply #282 on: June 10, 2010, 08:26:42 PM »

Your first sentence possibly explains it.  Both my hidden exit and items spawn VERY close to the initial player start point.

The way my map is created, though, this doesn't cause a problem as I severly limit the resources to find said hidden items even if the player has an inkling about where they are.  That being said, I would like to see true randomness to the hiding if that is possible.

I will share my levels once completed.  I am trying to complete something that is playable not only by those who haven't seen the map, but also something I can play over and over again, despite knowing the layout.  This requires more randomness than I am currently experiencing.
halibabica
Bossy
Mossy

old guard

View Profile Email
« Reply #283 on: June 10, 2010, 08:41:49 PM »

True random...is hard to pull off.  The problem is that even using a slight random chance could result in the door never appearing at all.  I chose the method I did because it guarantees that the door will eventually find a place to spawn.  But that also limits it to the blocks currently on-screen (ie not in the frozen zone).  If it were set to do so before the level started, then it could potentially be hidden anywhere.  But like I said, if the game fails to spawn it due to random chance, then that's it: no exit for you.  I suppose it might be possible to set it so it tries to hide it before the level starts, then if it fails to do so it creates the object that hides it by our current method...but we'll have to see.  I don't have time to screw around with it now.  Maybe sometime next week...

TMaster
Seedling

View Profile
« Reply #284 on: June 14, 2010, 04:28:56 PM »

Hello, great mod you have here. It's helped me make my custom levels awesome. Just a bug and two suggestions.

The bug: Usually, when a land tile has nothing below it, there is a little something beneath it (some rock, some grass) in order to keep the bottom of the tile from looking too flat. However, if you use the tool to change the border tiles, this only occurs on a couple tiles. Which ones have the bottom stuff are chosen at what seems to be random, but are always the same each time I test a level.

As for the suggestions, land tiles with earth in them, along with ice bocks containing cavemen, would be really awesome for making my custom levels look more like the random in-game ones.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 44
  Print  

Jump to: