Editor Plus Fan Update
Added features and a few fixes to the editor. This update does not add or change any in-game objects, gameplay, or the level format. Any levels made with Hyperme's version (4.4c) will work the same. These changes are for the benefit of level creators.Changes:
- you can switch category from within the tile selector like TLS
- new tile category: everything! (press '9')
- added selection icon and tooltips to the tile selector
- fixed: selected tile gets placed on level when using tile selector
- more view scrolling options:
- use arrow keys to quickly scroll view (tip: hold mouse button to place/delete a straight line of tiles while scrolling)
- hold space and drag mouse to pan view (you can place/delete tiles while panning)
- hold shift and press an arrow key to move view to farthest edge of level
- the editor remembers your previous view location, selected tile and selected layer after testing your level
- can scroll pages in level loading list with mousewheel in addition to up/down keys
- added tile grid overlay (press 'G' to toggle) to assist with measuring or tile counting
- you can press ctrl+1/2/3 to select layer
- fixed: layer buttons sometimes not showing which one is pressed, layer transparancy issues and some multi-tile objects not being visible after test/load
- made some of the editor sprites more pretty
- prevented gold spawning and debris falling from custom level borders (okay, I guess this effects gameplay, but it's aesthetic)
- pressing escape at "do you want to save? y/n" prompt will return to editing instead of quitting to title screen.
- improved 'edit info' text entry:
- you can arrow key up/down between entries
- entries left blank will be auto-filled with defaults
- saves changes and returns to editing if you press escape partway through the list instead of quitting to title screen.
- help menu (click "?" on-screen button or press F1 in editor) with control reference
- pressing tab while in help screen, edit info screen or during another prompt will cause the tile selector to appear after the other screen is closed. Unintended, but doesn't cause any problems.DOWNLOAD - working version (Game Maker 8.0):
Editor Plus Fan Update - Executable
| SourceI later released a version built with Game Maker 8.1 - it has been found to contain bugs. Please replace it with the version above.
(If you're not sure which version you have, the file date for the buggy version is July 27, the working version is June 6th.)
Thanks to hyperme for spilling the sauce.
Recognize halibabica. Some copy/paste from TLS.
Screenshot of the "Everything" category in the tile selector: