Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bug: Type Field of oHawkman is "Yeti"  (Read 4501 times)
DariusK
Bulb

View Profile WWW
« on: January 07, 2010, 01:46:03 PM »

In the Create event of the oHawkman object, the object's "type" variable is set to "Yeti." Should read "Hawkman."

Sudonimus
Mossy

Stop staring.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2010, 02:21:16 PM »

Is that really a bug?
I mean, I know there's something about inheritance
in Game Maker, and maybe "Hawkman" was sculpted off
of "Yeti"?

How is there no such thing as non-existence?!
DariusK
Bulb

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010, 02:24:44 PM »

As a modder, I consider it a bug. I use the "type" field to do things like identify the kind of object I am interacting with.

No, it doesn't affect gameplay, but it's still a bug.

marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2010, 02:49:55 PM »

I am fairly sure he ment to do that.

Show your power, Gun Del Hell! Show them their fate! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Here we go! Let's go, go, go, go, Django! Light and Dark! It comes down to this! Be afraid, Sun!
DariusK
Bulb

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2010, 02:56:05 PM »

Hm, that may be true. But if I do find a place in the code where a obj.type check of "Yeti" is called for, I'll put a change in there on my own to make sure that it's a check for Yeti OR Hawkman. Having the Hawkman's type be yeti is still a hack...

...which brings me to another point. Arucard had the idea of releasing a fan patch that fixes a bunch of bugs. I'm planning on doing just that, and also fixing some of the shortcuts in the code that might be confusing to modders. The idea is to give modders a "clean" GMK file to start with, in addition to giving players a patch that addresses some issues.

marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2010, 02:59:45 PM »

why don't you just change it to hawkman and see if anything goes wrong?

Show your power, Gun Del Hell! Show them their fate! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Here we go! Let's go, go, go, go, Django! Light and Dark! It comes down to this! Be afraid, Sun!
DariusK
Bulb

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2010, 03:01:08 PM »

I've been playing with it set to Hawkman for a while now and I haven't noticed anything wrong with the hawkman behavior yet. So far, so good. But that's the thing about Spelunky: it's so random that it's very hard to find some bugs without playing for a really long time.

Delver
Bean

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2010, 05:06:51 PM »

I've been playing with it set to Hawkman for a while now and I haven't noticed anything wrong with the hawkman behavior yet. So far, so good. But that's the thing about Spelunky: it's so random that it's very hard to find some bugs without playing for a really long time.

Right on that one, but it's pretty much the price for roguelike gameplay I believe (and a small one at that).

But that's not why I posted  Wink

I believe I fund bug in your signature DariusK, the link is broken - I believe it should lead to http://tinysubversions.com/category/games-i-love/spelunky/  Smiley

anyway really hope you will use some of those mad coding skills to some spelunky moding (one can hope, can't I  Grin)      

Edit: and you have  Shocked
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 05:12:42 PM by Delver » Logged
DariusK
Bulb

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2010, 06:36:29 PM »

I believe I fund bug in your signature DariusK
Thanks, I fixed it!

Edit: and you have  Shocked
Haha, yeah Grin

ManaUser
Bean

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2010, 11:48:40 PM »

Unless type of "yeti" is required for the cultist's ability to throw you, then it's probably just a copy-and-paste mistake.

Things that hop are evil.
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2010, 11:56:25 PM »

well it seems it's not, so it's a copy and paste mistake.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: