Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Changes to Spelunky: PC to XBLA  (Read 15399 times)
Kegluneq
Big Bossy
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2009, 03:45:08 PM »

True that. But would that change some people's play styles up? I know it'd be hella hard to raid the black market w/o the frozen region

A wild SHINY MOSSY appeared!
johnnoz
Bean

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2009, 05:53:00 PM »

That would probably be a good thing actually, because as it stands being able to manipulate the frozen region makes it incredibly easy for a skilled player to take out shopkeepers, of course as the difficulty of robbing increases so should the reward... right?  Wink
Phasma Felis
Shoot

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2009, 06:30:34 PM »

True that. But would that change some people's play styles up? I know it'd be hella hard to raid the black market w/o the frozen region
Fair question. I think the shopkeepers have an "aggro radius" that doesn't trigger until you get close-ish or they take damage. So you could still pump them full of lead from offscreen, you'd just have to keep firing instead of depending on the frozen region to keep you safe after the first shot.

But I could be wrong. I assume Derek would take that into account if he changed things, though.
Kegluneq
Big Bossy
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2009, 08:22:24 PM »

Yea they're in their "alert mode" then. But I believe once one shopkeep goes from alert to aggro, they all do.
And while they're aggo, they continuously and randomly fire shots.

A wild SHINY MOSSY appeared!
johnnoz
Bean

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2009, 09:04:04 PM »

Maybe their behavior could be changed so they'd be less random with the shots?
Phasma Felis
Shoot

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2009, 07:24:48 AM »

Yea they're in their "alert mode" then. But I believe once one shopkeep goes from alert to aggro, they all do.
And while they're aggo, they continuously and randomly fire shots.
Yeah, that would be tough to deal with, then. Derek is a smart guy, I'm sure he can work out a solution. Smiley
Arucard
Mossy

Hey! Is that CANDY?!?!?

Arucard.Tepes
View Profile Email
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2009, 01:22:52 PM »

But I believe once one shopkeep goes from alert to aggro, they all do.

I think this only happens once the next level is loaded. I haven't done extensive testing, but on the video where I reported the black market bug only one shopkeeper was attacking. Maybe because I had been resurrected or something, but it seems leaving the level is when the game changes to Spelunky must die! mode.

Oh, they look like monsters to you?

There's a light in the darkness of everybody's life.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: