Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: What's your Desktop look like?  (Read 34253 times)
Kirby
Mossy

Too Long Away

nrmario@hotmail.com
View Profile WWW
« on: January 03, 2010, 11:00:38 PM »

Alright, I didn't see this thread anywhere on here, so I think its time for one. What does your background look like? Here's mine.

I'm learning Japanese!
Add me on Steam! http://steamcommunity.com/id/KirbyLord/
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2010, 11:01:43 PM »

I would so you mine, but you don't want to see.

Show your power, Gun Del Hell! Show them their fate! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Here we go! Let's go, go, go, go, Django! Light and Dark! It comes down to this! Be afraid, Sun!
grieck
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2010, 11:24:13 PM »

I would so you mine, but you don't want to see.
Saying that makes the reverse even more true!

Mine is a bit personel, but what hell:
http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/3743/desktopim.jpg

Arucard
Mossy

Hey! Is that CANDY?!?!?

Arucard.Tepes
View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2010, 07:31:16 AM »

Never showed it off before, but why not huh?

Dur, I could have cropped it, there's nothing on the right side.

You guys' are cute though! Awesome Spelunky collage.

Oh, they look like monsters to you?

There's a light in the darkness of everybody's life.
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2010, 10:48:55 AM »

cave story? nice. I would like to know more about some of the games you have there.

Show your power, Gun Del Hell! Show them their fate! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Here we go! Let's go, go, go, go, Django! Light and Dark! It comes down to this! Be afraid, Sun!
grieck
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2010, 02:37:22 PM »

Morrowind and Oblivion, MGG you must download/buy those. They are amazing IMO.
By the same people who later made Falllout 3 (which is just a futuristic Oblivion with guns). The construction sets (known as TES CS and the like)  let you edit the game to an amazingly fun degree and are helpful to let even  beginners make mods. The games themselves are action-rpgs of the western variety, the latter (Oblivion, which is number 4 of the series of Elder Scrolls games, Morrowind number 3, the first 2 I haven't played but are supposedly not that bad) being more action-oriented and newbie-friendly. OBSE and OOO are for Oblivion mods.

American McGee's Alice (or as you have it, Alice) is a darker version of Alice returning to Wonderland, where the Queen is a horrible tyrant. It's rather run third person shooter-ish thing (I'm not to good with describing genres) but the controls are a bit off.

You should already be well aware of Nethack and La Mulana. Possibly even Doom Roguelike (or that's what I suspect it to be).

Painkiller is your generic FPS in the style of Serious Sam whereupon you shoot lots of demons swarming in hordes, I beleive. Said to be fun, but I have yet to try it.

Though I suspect you to know most of what I told hope I was of some help MarsGreekGod.
Darkness3313
Mosskid

That reminds me of a puzzle...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2010, 02:54:25 PM »

My Desktop is in the Process of being made but Arucard, thats quite a Collection of games there. I'm disappointed in the lack of Dwarf Fortress though.
All those rougelikes and you don't have Dwarf Fortress.

Currently my Desktop is a picture of my Nephew but thats going to be changed.
I'd post it up but its a little personal.
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2010, 02:57:02 PM »

Thank you glennrieck. I already know of morrowind and oblivion, but saddly don't have them as of yet. I have heard good things about fallout, but never played any of them. I have seen mods for morrowind however that I quite liked. I did like the speed run of the game in less then 10 mins.

alice? ah so that what it is. I may look it up.

Nethack, how I suck at that game. But yes I do know of all three games

serious sam? I must say my know how of FPS's are somewhat... lacking to say the least.

Thank you most kindly

grieck
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2010, 03:02:18 PM »

Oblivion is worth it if only for the LARGE modding community comtinually making new stuff. The first 2 Fallouts are COMPLETELY different from the third (although I've yet only played 3)

It's worth a buy.  Serious Sam is an FPS where you...well...shoot things. LOTS of things. All attacking at once. I've not the chance to play but that's what I've heard of it.
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2010, 03:08:15 PM »

Oblivion is worth it if only for the LARGE modding community comtinually making new stuff. The first 2 Fallouts are COMPLETELY different from the third (although I've yet only played 3)
Hmm.. interesting. I don't think I can really justfe buying a game when I bought 6 over xmis however.

ipwnu1337
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2010, 04:00:07 PM »

Attached.

I keep my desktop sparce, since I mostly just use the quick launch stuff.  It's much more convenient.
Darkness3313
Mosskid

That reminds me of a puzzle...

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2010, 04:25:11 PM »

This is my current background as of the moment but is subject to change.

[IMG]
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2010, 04:29:31 PM »

sweet evil death shortcut!

You make me happy Smiley

I think I well post my desktop when I get home.

gummybears123
Mossy

Yummy Gummy!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2010, 04:37:11 PM »

I change my background every week.. Grin

I made a rap.
It sounds dumb, like reading a map
I really should stop this thing before it goes too far
But I don't really car as long as I stay below the radar
Those big companies won't get me no
I'll get away before the fuzz show

-Most famous rapper of Mossmouth
Kirbylord
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2010, 10:08:13 PM »

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: