Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11
  Print  
Author Topic: SpelunKi  (Read 60954 times)
marsgreekgod
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #90 on: January 10, 2010, 12:41:00 PM »

DARN IT I WAS GOING TO TELL YOU THAT

can I has a gun del sol anyway?

Show your power, Gun Del Hell! Show them their fate! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Here we go! Let's go, go, go, go, Django! Light and Dark! It comes down to this! Be afraid, Sun!
Kitoari
Bulb

Behold, the awesomeness that is BOMBROPE!

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 10, 2010, 12:50:25 PM »

Perhaps.

Making SpelunKi's wiki page atm and trying to implement the BUC collectibles quickly.
Kitoari
Bulb

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 13, 2010, 01:03:29 PM »

The author is sick!
 Sad

Gonna go be sick some more... I've also encountered a critical bug, Hooray for delays.
marsgreekgod
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #93 on: January 13, 2010, 01:05:24 PM »

I am sorrry to hear that! I hope you get better soon!

let me know when you get better if you need help with that bug.

Show your power, Gun Del Hell! Show them their fate! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Here we go! Let's go, go, go, go, Django! Light and Dark! It comes down to this! Be afraid, Sun!
Hayden
« Reply #94 on: January 14, 2010, 03:43:26 AM »

Holy crap, the sounds of all these new mods is gradually increasing my need to play Spelunky.. It's becoming my drug! Oh, no! ( By the way, I'm sure that the fact that you're 13 would probably increase the respect you get from people.. I'm 14 and yet the only code I know of in spelunky is the level editor stuff. Not in game maker, but, the level editor code stuff in the notepad documents for custom levels.. )

Anyway, to the point: I have to admit, this may be one of the best sounding mods so far. Grin
Oh, P.S.. If you're going to make cursed items stick, then wouldn't it be pointless to not change their appearance? Or, better yet.. They look normal on the ground, then, if you pick one up, your spelunker disappears for a second in a big poof, and all of a sudden.. Bam! "Oh my god, why is this cape black!?", or, "Ahh, my teleporter looks evil now!".

To make that shorter, the suggestion is:

1. You open a crate, a cape comes out.
2. You decide that you want to grab the cape.. You pick it up.
    a) If cursed, you go poof when you pick it up and when it's on your back, it's black

b) If blessed.. [ Insert idea to replace poof here ] and all of a sudden, it's .. It's.. Oh my god, it's beautiful!

Now, completely off-topic for a second, I believe that I am making this post too long.. O.O

Back on-topic.. If you make it so that you can throw away a cursed item, you should at least give the spelunker a warning as he picks it up, so that he doesn't throw it away, thinking it's a normal weapon, only to lose 2 HP..

If you choose to make it stick to your hand, you can just leave, or edit the image as it is.

**** WE INTERRUPT THIS SUGGESTION FOR SOMETHING I JUST THOUGHT OF ****

DOES THE CURSED SCEPTER SPAWN A GHOST!? Cheesy That'd be cool.. And, slightly annoying too.. -.-

Rhetorical question.. Don't answer, it might spoil it if I'm right. Never know what to expect.

Back to my suggestion..

"If you make it so that you can throw away a cursed item, you should at least give the spelunker a warning as he picks it up, so that he doesn't throw it away, thinking it's a normal weapon, only to lose 2 HP..
If you choose to make it stick to your hand, you can just leave, or edit the image as it is. "

Better yet: You could combine the two..
If you could make it so that if you pick up a cursed item, and try to drop it, it won't drop.. If you try to drop it again, it won't drop. The third time that you try however, it will drop and reduce your HP. That way, you can do the stick thing, and the drop = lose HP thing. Eh? EH? Grin

Well, anyway.. Maybe I should just end this post while it's short enough that you won't grow a beard or something while reading it..
I think maybe I'm a bit hyped up on sugar.. Hehe.

Anyway, I'm too .. Well, let's just say, I feel wierd, thus, I can't really double check this post.. If it doesn't make sence.. Blame the sugar!
Arucard
Mossy

Hey! Is that CANDY?!?!?

Arucard.Tepes
View Profile Email
« Reply #95 on: January 14, 2010, 07:16:28 AM »

I think the idea was that items would stick, but you can pay to have them removed. He mentioned adding a priest or something along those lines. Instead of having the player disappear though, as in Hayden's suggestion, a simple sound effect would call the players attention. Something evil sounding for cursed, and the traditional harp sound when blessed.
The items should definitely change in appearance once held and revealed. You can easily copy the existing one and just set the sprite index to change based on it being cursed/blessed or not. Some "item feeling" text would be a good idea though. Like "Man, this cape is heavy" (if a cursed cape indeed weights you down instead), or "This mattock seems rusty" (which is actually already in the code, though I've never seen it used). Still looking forward to this, it does sound pretty exciting!  Smiley

Oh, they look like monsters to you?

There's a light in the darkness of everybody's life.
Hayden
« Reply #96 on: January 14, 2010, 07:29:11 AM »

Ah, sound effects. Was too rushed to think of that. Sugar rush is gone now though. You'd be surprised how rarely that happens to me, with all the sugary foods I eat.

On-topic again: Evil laugh for cursed items? Or would that be too cheesy?
Tongue

Harp sound is definitely a keeper though, if sound effects is the direction the mod is heading. Nice thinking! Wink
Arucard
Mossy

Hey! Is that CANDY?!?!?

Arucard.Tepes
View Profile Email
« Reply #97 on: January 14, 2010, 07:54:43 AM »

A laugh would probably work, I wonder also if some text should show when an item isn't cursed or blessed. Just like, "Seems OK to me" or something like that so the player knows they didn't miss something.

Oh, they look like monsters to you?

There's a light in the darkness of everybody's life.
marsgreekgod
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #98 on: January 14, 2010, 12:18:05 PM »

and you should use my scepter for the cursed one. But I 2nd Hayden's point. Recolor the cursed/blessed items once picked up!

gummybears123
Mossy

Yummy Gummy!

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 14, 2010, 08:20:09 PM »

Recolor but DO NOT MGG'S FOR CURSED SCEPTRE!  IT IS TOO EVIL!!!!

I made a rap.
It sounds dumb, like reading a map
I really should stop this thing before it goes too far
But I don't really car as long as I stay below the radar
Those big companies won't get me no
I'll get away before the fuzz show

-Most famous rapper of Mossmouth
Kirbylord
Hayden
« Reply #100 on: January 14, 2010, 08:23:48 PM »

Now that I re-think that sound thing, I've got to admit - It would be unfair to those with no speakers, or sound.. There are a lot more people out there with blown speakers than one would think..

Well, if the sprites are to be recoloured (< Sorry, Australian spelling.. Force of habit) after picking them up, then that would make it fair. So, if the sound / recolour ideas are mixed, then you've got yourself a game for everyone. Smiley

Edit: Although, keep in mind these are just suggestions - You don't have to listen to us every time we make a suggestion.

Edit again: Are you still sick, though? :s Everyone seems to be ignoring that post, even though it was the last one you've made since.
Well, if you are, get better soon.

Eh, edit.. AGAIN: ^ That wasn't a command, as much as it sounded like it. Get better when you feel like it. Smiley
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 08:37:10 PM by Hayden » Logged
marsgreekgod
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #101 on: January 14, 2010, 08:31:46 PM »

yeah and that would just make you fully understand your doom.

Hayden
« Reply #102 on: January 14, 2010, 08:53:02 PM »

Oh I just got an idea for the blessed teleporter - Hopefully possible Wink

If you're trying to teleport with it, but your character would end up being squished in the cave walls, it'll just play a dud sound instead, to stop you from dying, so that you can teleport safely through the caves. ^.^

Edit: I bet that all of these suggestions we're making is putting alot of weight on his shoulders, so we should probably back off a bit.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 08:55:44 PM by Hayden » Logged
gummybears123
Mossy

Yummy Gummy!

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 14, 2010, 10:15:11 PM »

When's this comin out?

I made a rap.
It sounds dumb, like reading a map
I really should stop this thing before it goes too far
But I don't really car as long as I stay below the radar
Those big companies won't get me no
I'll get away before the fuzz show

-Most famous rapper of Mossmouth
Kirbylord
Kitoari
Bulb

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 15, 2010, 05:28:55 PM »

When's this comin out?
When:
1. I'm not sick.
2. The critical bug is fixed.
3. I can actually finish all the BUC stuff.

While you wait for SpelunKi to be released, why not donate to Haiti via Unicef, Care, or The Red Cross? Really, I was upset today about losing some stuff and being locked out of our car, but it seems rather whiny when you put it into perspective.  Tongue

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11
  Print  

Jump to: