Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: Teleportal  (Read 20941 times)
halibabica
Mossy

old guard

View Profile Email
« Reply #45 on: January 20, 2010, 12:57:18 PM »

Careful!  This one's TOUGH.

Kali Dearest (OMG!) (requires Spelunky Editor Plus) - Only those Kali favors may leave this world.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 01:06:19 PM by halibabica » Logged

Sometimes I wonder if I like Spelunky too much.
ManTrap mod - Tastes Like Spelunky
Hand-drawn comic - Spelunkying
gummybears123
Mossy

Yummy Gummy!

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2010, 07:30:58 PM »

I haven't played it yet but I'm guessing altars block the exit? (DUHHHHHH)

I made a rap.
It sounds dumb, like reading a map
I really should stop this thing before it goes too far
But I don't really car as long as I stay below the radar
Those big companies won't get me no
I'll get away before the fuzz show

-Most famous rapper of Mossmouth
Kirbylord
halibabica
Mossy

old guard

View Profile Email
« Reply #47 on: January 20, 2010, 08:47:53 PM »

MMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmsomething like that...

marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #48 on: January 20, 2010, 09:10:04 PM »

you better not of stolen my idea!

Show your power, Gun Del Hell! Show them their fate! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Here we go! Let's go, go, go, go, Django! Light and Dark! It comes down to this! Be afraid, Sun!
halibabica
Mossy

old guard

View Profile Email
« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2010, 06:06:58 PM »

Power Up 2.0 (OMG!) (requires Spelunky Editor Plus)

I updated Power Up with the new items available in Spelunky Editor Plus.  Now you'll need the Ankh, Hedjet, Scepter, Kapala, and Key to finish the level.  It's even more difficult than the original, so check it out if you dare!

EDIT: Punishment (OMG!) (four levels) (requires Spelunky Editor Plus) - Can I have some frustration with my wrath?

My entry for the new level contest.  Maybe I'll do a little better this time.  A walkthrough is included for people who can't figure it out!

EDIT EDIT: Junglventure (Hard) (four levels) (requires Spelunky Editor Plus) - This jungle got nothin' on you!  Right?

My entry for Hayden's jungle-themed contest.  Didn't like it as much as Punishment or Kali Dearest, but it's pretty good anyway.

marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2010, 06:11:22 PM »

I have been trying for a while... stil can't figure out power up or power up 2.0./..

Show your power, Gun Del Hell! Show them their fate! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Here we go! Let's go, go, go, go, Django! Light and Dark! It comes down to this! Be afraid, Sun!
halibabica
Mossy

old guard

View Profile Email
« Reply #51 on: March 02, 2010, 06:42:36 PM »

Grin The Power Ups are indeed quite difficult!  I could post a walkthrough, but I don't want to make it too easy.  So tell you what: this is a list of the items in the order you should collect them.  They lead to each other in sequence by the abilities they grant, so here they are:

1. Compass
2. Parachute
3. Udjat Eye (2.0 only)
4. Spike Shoes
5. Bow
6. Pistol
7. Machete
8. Paste
9. Ropes
10. Rock
11. Hedjet (2.0 only)
12. Bombs
13. Sceptre (2.0 only)
14. Shotgun
15. Web Cannon
16. Spring Shoes
17. Pitcher's Mitt
18. Mattock
19. Climbing Gloves
20. Key (2.0 only)
21. Cape
22. Kapala (2.0 only)
23. Jetpack
24. Gold Idol (2.0 only)
25. Ankh (2.0 only)
26. Teleporter
27. Spectacles

How you use each one to get the next...I leave up to you to figure out.  The Compass, Spectacles, and Udjat Eye don't actually help anything.  They're just in there for the sake of completeness.  And while this is technically the correct order, you're welcome to try and find other ways.  But be warned...I took measures to discourage deviating from the path (those smash traps and Hawkmen aren't there for show!).
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 06:44:49 PM by halibabica » Logged

marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #52 on: March 02, 2010, 06:43:43 PM »

Huh... wow It seems I was doing it WAY wrong.

Like.. how did I even get anything that way wrong.

halibabica
Mossy

old guard

View Profile Email
« Reply #53 on: March 15, 2010, 05:37:47 PM »

Teleportal (OMG!) (requires Portal Spelunky) - We apologize for this clearly broken test chamber.

My entry for the portal stage contest.  Tough, but not impossible.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 06:28:43 PM by halibabica » Logged

goombapatrol
Shoot

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 10, 2010, 12:10:55 AM »

I have been trying for a while... stil can't figure out power up or power up 2.0./..

sorry to bump this, but same here. would you mind posting a walkthrough?
i've been stuck for a long time.
halibabica
Mossy

old guard

View Profile Email
« Reply #55 on: October 10, 2010, 04:01:51 AM »

Haha, no problem.  Which Power Up are you having trouble with?

goombapatrol
Shoot

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 10, 2010, 03:52:38 PM »

second one. i have absolutely no idea what to do with the lava.
halibabica
Mossy

old guard

View Profile Email
« Reply #57 on: October 10, 2010, 04:50:06 PM »

Okay, using the list I posted before...

1. Compass

It doesn't actually do anything; you don't really need it. Shocked

2. Parachute

Use to survive a fall into the Spike Pit.

3. Udjat Eye (2.0 only)

You don't really need this either.  Careful!  That fall will kill you if you don't duck into the Spider's Lair.

4. Spike Shoes

Steal it from the Yeti's Cave.  Use it to stomp the ManTrap.

5. Bow

Found near the Lava Pit.  Use to climb back up to the Spider's Lair.  Fire the arrows directly into the walls and use them as climbing spikes.  It helps if you alternate walls between shots.  You'll need all but one arrow.

6. Pistol

Found beyond the Octo-Pool.  Use it to shoot the Yeti in the Yeti Cave.  Make sure you shoot twice!

7. Machete

Found in Yeti Cave.  Use to cut down the Rope Pile in the Spider's Lair.

8. Paste

Found from defeating the Giant Spider in the Spider's Lair.  You'll need your Bombs sticky later.

9. Rope Pile

Found stuck in a web in a corner of the Spider's Lair.  Three Ropes, three places to use them.  Use one to get back up to the Spike Pit, another to get back up to the entrance, and the third to get in the Pit of No Return.

10. Rock

Found in the Spider's Lair.  Take it up to the top floor and leave it in the Pitcher's Box on the left.

11. Hedjet (2.0 only)

Found in the Pit of No Return. Grab it and run before the exit seals behind you.  You don't need it, but it helps to light things up.

12. Bombs

Found in the Pit of No Return.  Once again, three Bombs, three places you need 'em.  Use the first one to get out of the Pit of No Return.  Use the second and third to blast the brick walls in the Spike Pit.

13. Sceptre (2.0 only)

Found in the Pit of No Return.  Place your bomb carefully to free it when you blast your way out.  Use it to kill the Shopkeeper in the alcove near the Spike Pit.

14. Shotgun

Found near the Spike Pit.  In 2.0, the Shopkeeper has it.  Use it to blow away Tomb Lord in the Shooting Gallery.  It works best to run in, jump, and fire in midair.  Tomb Lord only takes one blast.

15. Web Cannon

Found outside the Crypt.  Take it into the Shooting Gallery with you after you deal with Tomb Lord.  Use it to build a web bridge across the lava pit inside.

16. Spring Shoes

Found in the Shooting Gallery.  Use them to jump across the lava pit to the right of the Spike Pit.

17. Pitcher's Mitt

Found to the right of the Spike Pit.  Take it to the Pitcher's Box, pick up the Rock you found earlier, stand on the brick block, look up, and throw.  You'll hit the Fire Frog and blast down the...

18. Mattock

Found in the Pitcher's Box.  Take it to the bottom floor and break open the Octo-Pool on the left.  You can only count on it for one swing, but you can try to use it to cheat, too.  I wouldn't recommend it.  Use the weapon of your choice to deal with Alien Boss.

19. Climbing Gloves

Found in the Octo-Pool.  In 2.0, use it in the Pitcher's Box to reach the Key on the top left.  In the original, you'll need it to escape the Crypt.

20. Key (2.0 only)

Found in the top left corner of the Pitcher's Box.  Use it to unlock the Crypt.

21. Cape

Found by defeating the Vampire in the Crypt.  Use it to drift across the Lava Pit.  Kill the Vampire by any means necessary.

22. Kapala (2.0 only)

Found in the Crypt.  Take it to the back of the Shooting Gallery and collect enough blood from the Yeti King to last a lifetime.  You really only need 1 more HP, though.

23. Jetpack

Found across the Lava Pit.  In 2.0, use it to reach the Gold Idol in the Shooting Gallery.  In the original, proceed through the roof above the Lava Pit.

24. Gold Idol (2.0 only)

Found in the Shooting Gallery.  Grab it to open the path above the Lava Pit.

25. Ankh (2.0 only)

Found above the Lava Pit.  You need at least 2 HP to get it, because there's no way through the barrier emitter otherwise.  Once you get it, kill yourself.

26. Teleporter

Found above the Lava Pit.  In 2.0, you need the Ankh to get it.  Once you have it, look up and teleport twice.  There's a slight chance of dying from this, but it's only 1/5 for each teleport.

27. Spectacles

Collect your awesome shades and call it a level.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 04:52:57 PM by halibabica » Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: