Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Non-stop crashing after today's patch - PS3  (Read 10980 times)
qman914
Seedling

View Profile
« on: May 16, 2014, 05:58:36 PM »

Hello Mossmouth,

Just want to bring this to the attention of the Devs mostly because my wife has played Spelunky pretty much non-stop since I got it for her last December.

Today she noticed that the game seems to be crashing our PS3 system very reliably after about 1 - 2 mintues of gameplay (no apparent patterns noted).  She is very sad because she has to stop playing for the time being and hopes that the issue could be resolved asap! Cry

Please let us know if you need any informative data that we can provide.... Also the new Pro HUD is pretty cool!

Thanks,
      John W

PS: My wife loves your game so much (I dont think I have seen her spend more time with anything else electronics related besides her Cintique) so I was wondering are there any plans to ever re-produce the miniatures that were available a while ago? It would be an awesome present for me to be able to get her.
qman914
Seedling

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2014, 06:34:19 PM »

Update: Got my wife to try just using the new HUD and the crashes seem to have subsided for the time being.
Crunchewy
Shoot

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2014, 07:24:57 PM »

Unfortuantely I found that it crashes in the Black Market 2 out of 3 times if you throw a bomb. It freezes the whole console. The first time was during my Daily Challenge run. Then later it didn't happen when my son and I were playing coop, but then it did happen to us the next time we were in the Black Market. Huge bummer. Sad I was using the Pro-HUD. I did not see crashes elsewhere, so far just in the Black Market. I hope they can get a fix out soon. (I posted a report in the wrong section - I'll see if I can delete it. Blame the newb. LOL.
Crunchewy
Shoot

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2014, 07:26:39 PM »

Here's what I posted:

I was excited to see the 1.0.3 update pop up as available on my PS3 tonight and so installed it right away. I jumped right into a Daily Challenge run and all was well (love the Pro-HUD) until I got to the Black Market. I threw a bomb and the PS3 froze the instant I threw it. I had to power of the console off. Powered back up and then my son and I were playing coop and got to the Black Market and we threw bombs but it didn't happen. However in another run we got to the Black Market again and I threw a bomb and BOOM. Crashed again. It has happened 2 out of 3 times so far.

Has anyone else run into this?
waggles
Seedling

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2014, 07:54:16 PM »

YES.
I have a story for you.
Once there was a brave adventurer who dared travel into the  infinite depths of the spelunky caves and dreamed of one day unlocking the shortcut to the temple. He tried and tried over and over for hours to get the key to the temple. One fateful day (today) there was a patch in spelunky. This day he tried hard and although he almost fell into an abyss in the ice caves he managed to climb the wall back up and get that damn key to the temple! Hurray! Except upon reaching the temple the tunnel man asks him for bombs. Wait what I already gave you bombs? OH SHIT the patch made my progress with the tunnel man in the temple reset. FML.

Also just now I had my ps3 freeze after dying. I've never had any problems playing spelunky up until this patch today. ITS NOT FIXING ANYTHING ITS MESSING IT UP.
GreenSpunky
Seedling

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2014, 09:11:07 PM »

I just downloaded the patch tonight, and I went straight into my daily challenge after setting it to the pro HUD in options.  As other people have been saying, the game crashed in the Black Market.  Though, I didn't have to throw any bombs or anything to crash the game.  It crashed the moment I entered the Black Market, before I could even leave the doorway.
qman914
Seedling

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2014, 01:41:02 AM »

New updateness - my wife seems to think that the crashes seem to be in the pattern of times when she ends up angering the shopkeeper.  I know that everyone else seems to be just getting them in the black market, but she mentioned it so I thought it may be important.
waggles
Seedling

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2014, 01:48:20 AM »

I almost got the key to the temple again and the game freezes! AGH. Perfect game. Jetpack, climbing gloves, compass, plenty of bombs. I did kill a shop keeper and the the other time I froze when I died a shop keeper was killed right before a I died. So maybe it is that. Also both times it crashed was on the ice caves. Brb crying.
GreenSpunky
Seedling

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2014, 09:43:19 AM »

New updateness - my wife seems to think that the crashes seem to be in the pattern of times when she ends up angering the shopkeeper.  I know that everyone else seems to be just getting them in the black market, but she mentioned it so I thought it may be important.

Yeah, when it froze in the Black Market for me, the shopkeepers were already mad.  Maybe I have to play without making them mad until they fix it.  Hopefully they fix it. . .
waggles
Seedling

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2014, 01:25:19 PM »

bump for being able to be seen over all the spam in this forum....
Crunchewy
Shoot

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2014, 09:15:13 PM »

It appears the Vita version is not affected. I haven't had it crash and neither have friends of mine. The crash only seems to happen on the PS3. The update is great on Vita and would be on PS3 if not for this huge bug. Oh, and yes the shopkeepers were angry when I went in to the Black Market both times it crashed and they were not intially angry the time it didn't. So maybe that is the trigger. For now I'll stick to playing on Vita.
Crunchewy
Shoot

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2014, 09:23:52 PM »

Derek just tweeted that a fix will go up ASAP. So they are on it.

http://twitter.com/spelunkyworld/status/467855063407267840
« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 09:25:31 PM by Crunchewy » Logged
Crunchewy
Shoot

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2014, 07:42:00 AM »

Well it's not just the Black Market. My son was playing this morning and opened a coffin and it froze.
qman914
Seedling

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2014, 05:22:17 PM »

Derek just tweeted that a fix will go up ASAP. So they are on it.

http://twitter.com/spelunkyworld/status/467855063407267840

Thanks for the update! I would not have seen that!
Crunchewy
Shoot

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2014, 12:07:50 PM »

Further update. The problem is caused by bought or freed hired hands and by opening coffins (single player). The reason it happens in black market with angry shopkeepers is because angry shopkeepers free their hired hands immediately.

http://twitter.com/spelunkyworld/status/468447245944119296

Now that causes are known hopefully a fix will be out soon.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: