Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12
  Print  
Author Topic: Version 0.6.0 of Potion mod.  (Read 71778 times)
Enrymion
Shoot

View Profile Email
« Reply #105 on: January 04, 2010, 11:12:24 PM »

You memorized the link? Huh?
I believe he means the ZOU8GIRUd_g part.

Potions should be harder if not impossible to break. I accidentally whip them way too often Angry  Cry
""I don't know why I am here" she says" would be better than "I don't know where I am" and make it more clear that it's not spelunky thinking that(It is her saying that right?). Making her appear next to door(like flare crates) would help with noticing her before or while reading the text instead of after. Another thing is that there aren't really any other cases where someone actually speaks so you could make it somehow different from feelings but just adding she says to it might be enough. Also the I'm your first thing is also a bit confusing as I thought it was her speaking again instead of spelunky(Also it doesn't suit my image of what he would say but that doesn't really matter Cheesy).
   Also damsel should get more valuable as a sacrifice with love potion. Maybe each level gone through increasing it a bit or just a constant little higher value.

Later areas really should have more potions as I've usually discovered most effects before jungle.

How about making spectacles able to identify potions by adding a little symbol representing it's effect to potion or above it alternatively(without needing spectacles) you could add a simple list of potions to the HUD where effects will be shown once discovered.

You could add potion related things to the stats.txt

P.S. At one point I was planning on making a mod where every area would have only one unique damsel with different look and "abilities" from the other 3 that you could take with you like with the love potion and when changing area you would be able to choose whether to take her with you and end up with more than one to take care or leave her to avoid all kinds of problems her death or other things could cause. Also to make it a bit more bearable I planned to add a ability to use a rope(that would break if player took damage) to tie one to your back. But as I have no pro I probably won't make it at least until someone ports spelunky to some other language or something.

member number 24.
Delver
Bean

View Profile Email
« Reply #106 on: January 05, 2010, 03:15:04 AM »

Rick Astley? That one's old...

yeah... but it fits the theme of the update so nicely  Smiley

Nice try rickrolling, but I've memorized the youtube link.  It's happened so many times.

Idea:  Make scrolls.  Like the scroll of punishment.  That would be awesome, being able to get a ball & chain from a chest.
Make the scroll labels something like TASTY OR LLELDDM like in nethack, instead of the potions.  When scrolls are used, they disappear.  There is no real way to test scrolls safely, since only you can read them.  However, if you drop them on an altar along with a dead body, it will tell you what the scroll is.

I like the idea with scroll (all effects in the world fits on a scroll  Grin). But should they have different sprites like the potions, or only a Name (showed when picking it up)?

Potions should be harder if not impossible to break. I accidentally whip them way too often Angry  Cry

I will, it's way more annoying... then it should be(would making them break on a longfall be better with and without the spelunker).

""I don't know why I am here" she says" would be better than "I don't know where I am" and make it more clear that it's not spelunky thinking that(It is her saying that right?). Making her appear next to door(like flare crates) would help with noticing her before or while reading the text instead of after. Another thing is that there aren't really any other cases where someone actually speaks so you could make it somehow different from feelings but just adding she says to it might be enough.

The shopkeeper speaks!  Smiley Another color might do it.

I had some problem with walls when she was beside the entrance, but if the flare crate can do it... so should the damsel - she would turn up inside a wall, a little bloody spark Wink     

Also damsel should get more valuable as a sacrifice with love potion. Maybe each level gone through increasing it a bit or just a constant little higher value.

properly not if it's just the spelunker drinking, but when the truelove effect is in effect... it would only be fitting.

Later areas really should have more potions as I've usually discovered most effects before jungle.

When the mixing system is in place. I will make chests more rare again, and when the identification, and the potion shops...

But the idea of adding pr. world is growing on me fast. There  is so many cool effects left out right now  Sad     
Arucard
Mossy

Hey! Is that CANDY?!?!?

Arucard.Tepes
View Profile Email
« Reply #107 on: January 05, 2010, 04:06:08 AM »

There does seem to be a particularly high chance of finding the potions, or are they always there? Anyway i saw a very strange bug and am not sure if it is just a weird tile problem or what, but it was while I was playing this so I figure I would show it here. Just as I died  Embarrassed, saw a kissing booth on the bottom level of the ice area, it was not a psychic presence level, but the booth had alien ship tiles, and was filled with ice!?!

Oh, they look like monsters to you?

There's a light in the darkness of everybody's life.
Delver
Bean

View Profile Email
« Reply #108 on: January 05, 2010, 05:05:30 AM »

What have I done!  Shocked

Was you under the effect of the love potion?

Was there a damsel at the entrance, or had you killed a damsel after giving her a love potion?

I changed the level generation code for when the damsel was generated at level start, and when the truelove damsel was died. So if it's my mod doing, that's the course of it...

Edit:
yeah it's my handy work  Embarrassed

« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 07:45:17 AM by Delver » Logged
grieck
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #109 on: January 05, 2010, 05:36:43 AM »

But that's not a kissing booth, buut an equipment shop.
Arucard
Mossy

Hey! Is that CANDY?!?!?

Arucard.Tepes
View Profile Email
« Reply #110 on: January 05, 2010, 11:35:31 AM »

But that's not a kissing booth, buut an equipment shop.
Sorry, I could have swore I saw a lips sign, but I was plummeting to my death at the time.
Anyway, I had not been under any potions influence, though I had taken the love potion one in two levels prior. (not right before this level)
And yes, I had killed a damsel who was created from that potion a while back.

Oh, they look like monsters to you?

There's a light in the darkness of everybody's life.
Delver
Bean

View Profile Email
« Reply #111 on: January 05, 2010, 11:56:20 AM »

This should fix it (v.0.5.4.1):
http://www.mediafire.com/?mylrz0gyzny

Also changed it so the damsel spawns beside the entrance, and added some detail to the truelove effect  Smiley 
gummybears123
Mossy

Yummy Gummy!

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 05, 2010, 08:56:52 PM »

Instead of posting a new version everyday, why don't you fix all the bugs and post it like every week?

I made a rap.
It sounds dumb, like reading a map
I really should stop this thing before it goes too far
But I don't really car as long as I stay below the radar
Those big companies won't get me no
I'll get away before the fuzz show

-Most famous rapper of Mossmouth
Kirbylord
ipwnu1337
« Reply #113 on: January 05, 2010, 08:58:12 PM »

Because we're all dying for new versions?
marsgreekgod
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #114 on: January 05, 2010, 10:28:45 PM »

becuse it's cooler that way and we find bugs faster.

Show your power, Gun Del Hell! Show them their fate! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Here we go! Let's go, go, go, go, Django! Light and Dark! It comes down to this! Be afraid, Sun!
Enrymion
Shoot

View Profile Email
« Reply #115 on: January 05, 2010, 11:24:28 PM »

And what bugs?  Huh? Are there any bugs that anyone knows of? (There is the case of most visual effects stacking but no one has even bothered to say that and then some other purely visual bugs like whipping damsel causing her to say dozen of things for an instant.)

But 0.5.4(.0) comes after 0.5.4.1 so I launched it accidently  Sad

member number 24.
gummybears123
Mossy

Yummy Gummy!

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 06, 2010, 02:56:59 PM »

Anyway, we all appreciate you doing this Delver.... making new versions everyday Grin

I made a rap.

Kirbylord
marsgreekgod
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #117 on: January 06, 2010, 03:02:13 PM »

I had stoped seeing the new verson and now I have no clue what all the potions do!

Show your power, Gun Del Hell! Show them their fate! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Here we go! Let's go, go, go, go, Django! Light and Dark! It comes down to this! Be afraid, Sun!
gummybears123
Mossy

Yummy Gummy!

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 06, 2010, 03:04:11 PM »

Me neither, I just drink all the potions and hope I don't die

I made a rap.

Kirbylord
marsgreekgod
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #119 on: January 06, 2010, 03:07:28 PM »

Is there a list of effects that do exist?

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12
  Print  

Jump to: