Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12
  Print  
Author Topic: Version 0.6.0 of Potion mod.  (Read 60755 times)
Darkness3313
Mosskid

That reminds me of a puzzle...

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2010, 04:32:34 AM »

I really like the Potion that gives you a Scepter Ray Shield, thats the only Potion I've come across thus far.
Delver
Bean

View Profile Email
« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2010, 09:40:21 AM »

I tried playing this, but I ended up fearing all the potions and never using them.

The almost instant death the poison delivers is a pretty grim fate, it also feels like a cheap kill. Thought I think the premise of the Bobble and Health potion makes up for it.
Maybe if a made the poison a lot slower, like every 30 seconds or minute it would take 1 Life. Taking 5 or so Life total, across multiple levels. Then it would still be quit a hit but not unrecoverable for a skilled spelunky player...

I really like the Potion that gives you a Scepter Ray Shield, thats the only Potion I've come across thus far.

It's pretty nice, by far the best of the effect currently (and properly only subsided by the Ank), If there is any attacks you feel it should protect against; it doesn't, please tell. Very unlikely I got them all in the first go  Embarrassed.

The Potions are still to rare I think, The act of giving the potions to caveman should be a valid strategy, I think you find about 3 potions in a single run at average.

What do people think would be the preferable amount on a single run?         

Artman40
Seedling

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2010, 12:08:37 PM »

Now that treasure chests contain something useful, guess that means someone else will make a mod to pots.
gummybears123
Mossy

Yummy Gummy!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2010, 12:30:52 PM »

Maybe there should be POTION SHOPS!!!

I made a rap.
It sounds dumb, like reading a map
I really should stop this thing before it goes too far
But I don't really car as long as I stay below the radar
Those big companies won't get me no
I'll get away before the fuzz show

-Most famous rapper of Mossmouth
Kirbylord
Kegluneq
Big Bossy
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2010, 12:32:24 PM »

Oh I hate to think what the shop code is like.
Though it probably isn't as bad as I think.

A wild SHINY MOSSY appeared!
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2010, 12:33:02 PM »

It shouldn't be TOO bad. copy and paste with some edits more or less.

Show your power, Gun Del Hell! Show them their fate! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Here we go! Let's go, go, go, go, Django! Light and Dark! It comes down to this! Be afraid, Sun!
gummybears123
Mossy

Yummy Gummy!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 01, 2010, 12:36:58 PM »

You make it sound easy

I made a rap.

Kirbylord
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #37 on: January 01, 2010, 12:38:56 PM »

Oh I am sure something would go wrong, but at it's base it is easy with the way derak set it up from what I have seen. Heck the cost is hardcoded into it, and the shops already exist. all you need to do is make a new table of items for sale. (but make each cost the same)

Show your power, Gun Del Hell! Show them their fate! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Here we go! Let's go, go, go, go, Django! Light and Dark! It comes down to this! Be afraid, Sun!
Delver
Bean

View Profile Email
« Reply #38 on: January 01, 2010, 12:46:01 PM »

Oh I am sure something would go wrong, but at it's base it is easy with the way derak set it up from what I have seen. Heck the cost is hardcoded into it, and the shops already exist. all you need to do is make a new table of items for sale. (but make each cost the same)

right on the money... there is a script called: scrShopItemsGen under Level Generation. shouldn't be anything more then copy paste  Roll Eyes 
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #39 on: January 01, 2010, 01:12:46 PM »

right on the money... there is a script called: scrShopItemsGen under Level Generation. shouldn't be anything more then copy paste  Roll Eyes 
Sweet! so are they going to be called "black potion" and what not and buy them with out knowing what they do?

Delver
Bean

View Profile Email
« Reply #40 on: January 01, 2010, 01:19:23 PM »

right on the money... there is a script called: scrShopItemsGen under Level Generation. shouldn't be anything more then copy paste  Roll Eyes  
Sweet! so are they going to be called "black potion" and what not and buy them with out knowing what they do?

More or less, of course if you have tested or drinked one of the potions, you will know what that color does.

so you can buy one, drink it and if you like the effect buy one more of the same color ^^

hmm... A black potion marked... might try to make that at some point  Cheesy
gummybears123
Mossy

Yummy Gummy!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 01, 2010, 01:23:32 PM »

In version 4, I'm not seeing any potions in the game, and there are only red and black potions in the editor....

I made a rap.

Kirbylord
Delver
Bean

View Profile Email
« Reply #42 on: January 01, 2010, 01:56:56 PM »

In version 4, I'm not seeing any potions in the game, and there are only red and black potions in the editor....

you might just be unlucky, there is a 50 % of a potion spawning from a chest... try making some chest in the editor, hopefully you will get some then.

i can only add things to the editor by removing something else (because of some weird maxdrop value I don't understand  Cry) and I don't wan't to remove to many Items. 
Kitoari
Bulb

Behold, the awesomeness that is BOMBROPE!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 01, 2010, 02:08:02 PM »

As a suggestion, allow for a Shopkeeper Type to identify potions for you.

I'll try this out later.
Delver
Bean

View Profile Email
« Reply #44 on: January 01, 2010, 04:09:51 PM »

Now up on 4 potions, with 3 in anyone game.

Think I need one more positive effect, and I could use a little help to find it, anyone know any great effects that could come from a potion?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12
  Print  

Jump to: