Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: You Can Feel A Bit Safer Now  (Read 17058 times)
gummybears123
Mossy

Yummy Gummy!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2009, 09:04:45 PM »

Same here

I made a rap.
It sounds dumb, like reading a map
I really should stop this thing before it goes too far
But I don't really car as long as I stay below the radar
Those big companies won't get me no
I'll get away before the fuzz show

-Most famous rapper of Mossmouth
Kirbylord
Kegluneq
Big Bossy
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2009, 10:21:45 PM »

Doesn't it already work if you use climbing gloves and the walls are one unit apart?

That's not really wall jumping per se, more like climbing.
I mean wall jumping like in the newer mario games or like some of the characters in super smash bros have.

A wild SHINY MOSSY appeared!
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2009, 10:33:32 PM »

I wouldn't know how to start, last time I tried to put wall jumping in a game I wasted a week of my life.

Show your power, Gun Del Hell! Show them their fate! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Here we go! Let's go, go, go, go, Django! Light and Dark! It comes down to this! Be afraid, Sun!
Kegluneq
Big Bossy
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2009, 10:49:05 PM »

Hmm... It can't be that difficult can it?
First make a state for clinging to a wall similar to the states for standing on the ground. Then just have the jump key do what it always does plus a sideways motion.

marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2009, 10:59:38 PM »

State? ha funny. that would be the smart way to program your guy to move. With having states and stuff like that.

Show your power, Gun Del Hell! Show them their fate! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Here we go! Let's go, go, go, go, Django! Light and Dark! It comes down to this! Be afraid, Sun!
gummybears123
Mossy

Yummy Gummy!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2009, 11:06:54 PM »

I think the best chance that we have for wall jumping is Derek...

I made a rap.

Kirbylord
Kegluneq
Big Bossy
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2009, 11:19:09 PM »

That's how Derek did it. And that's where I got the idea from.

marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2009, 11:22:46 PM »

Lets say it was 6 years ago and I had no clue what I was doing.

gummybears123
Mossy

Yummy Gummy!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2009, 11:23:10 PM »

Just like me Grin

I made a rap.

Kirbylord
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2009, 11:23:47 PM »

no still more clue then you. I mean at least I made bad games.

grieck
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2009, 12:11:19 AM »

Burrrrrrn. But in other news: wall jump would be good, but has the possibility of making some parts a bits easier (though some harder, especially if you take the approach of just having one wall jump rather than infinite, as many games do).  Mind you, would be nice to have a change not focused on difficulty, just there for fun. After all it does seem like every new mod mainly makes the game harder (save the potion mod, doubly so with the first unfixed version, triply with the increased spawn version; though even that included something to balance it out and attempt to add difficulty).
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2009, 12:47:59 AM »

Burrrrrrn. But in other news: wall jump would be good, but has the possibility of making some parts a bits easier (though some harder, especially if you take the approach of just having one wall jump rather than infinite, as many games do).  Mind you, would be nice to have a change not focused on difficulty, just there for fun. After all it does seem like every new mod mainly makes the game harder (save the potion mod, doubly so with the first unfixed version, triply with the increased spawn version; though even that included something to balance it out and attempt to add difficulty).
Well I could make super easy mode if you like. but it well chost you 1 dollar.

grieck
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2009, 01:33:59 AM »

Not easy (as I love to point out until others catch on) the potion mod's first iteration IS super easy mode.

More focus less on making the game fun through difficulty, just finding concepts that are fun (whether they effect difficulty or not unimportant; though technically that can apply to your EVIL DEATH thing when it comes out. Fun concepts, that Just So Happen to make the game sooooo much harder).
Arucard
Mossy

Hey! Is that CANDY?!?!?

Arucard.Tepes
View Profile Email
« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2009, 08:16:17 AM »

Here's a wall jump code I got from a video tutorial, never used it but it should work I guess.

placed in the step event of the PC

ifplacemeeting (x+1,y,obj_solid) && keyboard_check_pressed (vk_up) && keyboard_check (vk_right) && can_wall_jump_r =1 && place_free (x,y+1) {vspeed = -6 can_walljump_r = 0 can_walljump_l = 1}

The whole thing is then repeated replacing x +1 with x -1 to jump back and forth between walls. The question I have is how to create user-defined variables (like can_walljump_r), I tried just entering a set variable action, but it wouldn't take.

Oh, they look like monsters to you?

There's a light in the darkness of everybody's life.
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #44 on: December 30, 2009, 12:08:36 PM »

Um...  well you would need more code then that (the variables need to be defined) and that only works for walls to the right

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: