Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Take heavy items to the next level.  (Read 3132 times)
Kegluneq
Big Bossy
Mossy

View Profile Email
« on: September 07, 2009, 09:19:15 PM »

So if you can take light items with you... (rocks, darts, weapons, even keys)
Then why can't you take heavy items with you too? (corpses, lamps, etc.)

I was always confused as to why that was.

And wouldn't it be neat if you take a stunned man-eater with you, and in the mid-level animation he woke up and ate you? Or if you could take a monkey on your back with you, having another mid-level animation where he runs off with some gold.
I feel it would add a lot more personality to the game.

A wild SHINY MOSSY appeared!
fall_ark
Shoot

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2009, 06:13:58 PM »

Shocked

All for the man-eating action!!
And of course yeti will throw you like there is no tomorrow!
And what's better entrance fee for the black market than the cold corpse of a greedy shopkeeper?
The possibilities are infinite!!
Kegluneq
Big Bossy
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2009, 06:19:50 PM »

My thoughts exactly.

Arucard
Mossy

Hey! Is that CANDY?!?!?

Arucard.Tepes
View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2009, 06:09:17 AM »

Not sure about the FU, you got killed moments, but having to carry a gold idol to the entrance of the black market (or corpse, or live damsel, etc) would be quite interesting. Really can't wait for the source now, I hope you guys have some experience in GM, 'cause I have a feeling there will be some truly awesome additions to an amazing game!  Wink

Oh, they look like monsters to you?

There's a light in the darkness of everybody's life.
Anifanatic
Bean

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2009, 10:47:02 AM »

So if you can take light items with you... (rocks, darts, weapons, even keys)
Then why can't you take heavy items with you too? (corpses, lamps, etc.)

I was always confused as to why that was.

And wouldn't it be neat if you take a stunned man-eater with you, and in the mid-level animation he woke up and ate you? Or if you could take a monkey on your back with you, having another mid-level animation where he runs off with some gold.
I feel it would add a lot more personality to the game.

As for the man-eater, monkey, etc waking up as you take them through the tunnel, all you're asking for is a lot of programming for something nobody is ever going to do more than once. Why would anyone take a man-eater through to the next level while it's stunned? Suicide? I'll bring a monkey because I -want- to risk my life because he might throw a bomb at me?

Also, the tunnel scene doesn't actually interact like a normal scene, it's scripted and skippable, I don't think the extra effort to make it an interactive scene just so a few suicidal players can find new potential ways to get eaten or hurt is worth all the extra work it'll take to program it in.
Kegluneq
Big Bossy
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2009, 08:19:28 PM »

Exactly, it's scripted, so it's really not that hard to do.
And its these little attentions to detail that I love most in games. I'd definitely give it a shot if I had some free time on my hands.

Arucard
Mossy

Hey! Is that CANDY?!?!?

Arucard.Tepes
View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2009, 03:27:47 AM »

How about letting the plant eat the girl if you saved her? She puckers up to give you a kiss and then..... That would be a nice thing to add, being able to befriend one of those flowers (a' la Little Shop) by feeding it regularly. And if you don't it turns on you.

Oh, they look like monsters to you?

There's a light in the darkness of everybody's life.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: