Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Two things.  (Read 13441 times)
Username
Seedling

View Profile
« on: September 07, 2009, 08:01:13 AM »

1. Thanks for deciding not to bring the polished version of Spelunky being developed for XBLA to the PC. It takes balls to release a game on one platform, then completely ignore that platform when it comes time to make a profit from the game. I don't have an XBox? Guess I and the others who don't have one can't play Spelunky with all that official additional content.

2. Miner-man has no invincibility when going to the next level. If a spike trap is next to the door, it will kill him either when he's leaving that level, or the very instant he appears on the next one.
chongli
Seedling

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2009, 10:03:24 AM »

Is this a troll post? If so, you should be more appreciative. Derek put a ton of work into this game and gave it all away for free. He makes amazing games and deserves all the credit for it.  He definitely doesn't deserve any negativity.
Username
Seedling

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2009, 10:13:28 AM »

Yes, this is a troll post. I want to be able to buy Spelunky once it has been polished for retail, but don't have an Xbox360. How dare I not show my appreciation for limiting the intended full version of the game to XBLA.
Username
Seedling

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2009, 11:25:15 AM »

suck
Username
Seedling

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2009, 11:25:36 AM »

the
Username
Seedling

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2009, 11:25:47 AM »

shit
Username
Seedling

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2009, 11:25:57 AM »

from
Username
Seedling

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2009, 11:26:08 AM »

my
Username
Seedling

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2009, 11:26:19 AM »

asshole
Bood_War
Shoot

Grows gentle (Never go mental)

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2009, 11:54:20 AM »

Why is "I don't have an xbox?" a question?  Huh?

Arsenic Cookies
Nimbus
Unnamed Arena Game
Kegluneq
Big Bossy
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2009, 12:32:52 PM »

Hey dude, chill out. True us PC users may not be able to get the polished version for free. But I give it no more than one month after the xBox version comes out before some truly talented artists and coders manage to duplicate it (I know I'll be trying). So at that point not only will we have the polished version, but also MANY other awesome mods for FREE. So chill out and stop feeding negative energy into the forums. Instead of being pissy about not having a 360, be grateful that you have a PC (instead of those poor mac users, they have to wait a little while longer).
Derek doesn't deserve those kinds of comments from someone who didn't put any effort whatsoever into making this incredible game, or anyone at all for that matter.

A wild SHINY MOSSY appeared!
Credendo
Shoot

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2009, 11:14:24 AM »

Sad to say but it looks like Derek is gonna need to start making mods to control the boards already. (btw Derek if your reading this Yes I DO volunteer Smiley
chongli
Seedling

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2009, 04:45:58 PM »

A spoiled brat and a troll!  Angry

Can't you just appreciate the masterpiece Derek has given you for free? If I had a 360, I'd buy the game just to support him. I'd buy Aquaria too, just to support him, but I already did because that game was amazing as well and totally worth it.

Guess I'm a Derek Yu fanboy.  Embarrassed
Bood_War
Shoot

Grows gentle (Never go mental)

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2009, 06:03:08 PM »

Guess I'm a Derek Yu fanboy.  Embarrassed
Aren't we all? (If no, I still am)

Arsenic Cookies
Nimbus
Unnamed Arena Game
johnnoz
Bean

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2009, 06:28:13 PM »

Yeah platform exclusiveness sucks but thats just the way the industry works. He's obviously put some thought into choosing xbla, it's probably going to get the biggest audience. Luckily I DO have an xbox but if he wanted to make it for the ps3 I'd trust that this would be the best place for the game.

Also it'd probably sell shiit on pc, Steam's the only real place where you'd get a large audience and Spelunky probably would probably seem too 'old school' in the steam store.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: