Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Strange Visual Bug makes game unplayable  (Read 10716 times)
mthoennes
Seedling

View Profile Email
« on: March 26, 2014, 07:06:52 PM »

Every time i start spelunky there is this weird diagonal line across part of the screen and everything is differntly sized and slightly skewed on the other side of the line.  here is a picture of it  http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v355/ajoyfulnoise/NewBitmapImage.png
If you have any idea whats going on I would greatly.
bloxxin
Mossbaby

Long time no see...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2014, 07:10:17 PM »

Holy crap! What have you done?

This doesn't even make sense that it would happen, it seems like you photoshopped this or something.

A video can be more convincing, it just is that this kinda 'bug' doesn't make sense.

I am not saying you are trolling us, it just is, you know, I have already said it a couple times.

mthoennes
Seedling

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2014, 07:22:55 PM »

Haha I wish I was trolling you.  I should say that this is an older computer and I've never played spelunky on it before.  It didn't just suddenly happen, it was like this the first time I tried it.  I'm beginning to get suspicious of this computer though, because I tried playing scribblenauts and everything displayed right except for the text was just a weird greyish smear....so maybe my gpu is messed up or something? Im trying to update the drivers but i dunno if I'm gonna get anywhere.  Oh well
bloxxin
Mossbaby

Long time no see...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2014, 07:28:46 PM »

The GPU must be the culprit. Low RAM can also cause graphical bugs, but more in the form of missing textures, this has to be a GPU problem, but a really weird one.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: