Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Held Item Vanishing Bug  (Read 2483 times)
Seanathan
Seedling

View Profile Email
« on: December 04, 2009, 07:08:11 PM »

I've run into a bug that seems to happen whenever the character falls more than the allotted tile amount for a safe descent, has a weapon or some type of non-starting holdable item equipped (teleporter, shotgun, webber, machete etc.) but has another weapon cycled to be held at the time.

Upon hitting the ground, the spelunker will drop the item held and the weapon will disappear from existence. It won't be on the ground, like what would happen if you were to fall and damage yourself while holding the weapon.

I've been able to reproduce this bug inside the level editor, by giving the spelunker an item, switching to a bomb or a rope, and falling down a shaft greater than eight tiles deep. The weapon instantly disappears upon hitting the ground.

Also, I cannot reproduce the bug by simply being stunned while holding a bomb or a rope with a weapon picked up. When the spelunker was struck with an arrow from an arrow trap while holding a bomb, both the bomb AND the weapon were dropped. This leads me to believe it's not an issue with the stun mechanic alone.

This seems a bit too far fetched to be an intended mechanic, so I decided I'd report it. I hope the information I've gathered and presented is helpful in the process of fixing this bug.

P.S. If you're unable to reproduce the results I've achieved, I can and will upload a video.
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2009, 09:37:56 PM »

Oh that is interesting. You seem to have done your homework, so to speak.

Yes you are quite right this does happen. I have tested it myself! Interesting...

You are very good at this bug reporting.

Show your power, Gun Del Hell! Show them their fate! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Here we go! Let's go, go, go, go, Django! Light and Dark! It comes down to this! Be afraid, Sun!
Kegluneq
Big Bossy
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2009, 01:03:58 AM »

Ooh yea, I remember this bug.
Haven't encountered it in forever though since most people tend to use the shortcut keys.

A wild SHINY MOSSY appeared!
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2009, 10:49:55 AM »

I tend to not use the shortcut keys very often, because I use robes to disarm arrow traps more then anything

Show your power, Gun Del Hell! Show them their fate! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Here we go! Let's go, go, go, go, Django! Light and Dark! It comes down to this! Be afraid, Sun!
Kegluneq
Big Bossy
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2009, 01:02:10 PM »

That's what I carry a rock around for.
Otherwise, disarming arrows traps is the ONLY thing I ever use the cycle key for.

A wild SHINY MOSSY appeared!
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2009, 02:49:41 PM »

sometimes you just can't find a good rock.

ManaUser
Bean

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2009, 03:25:06 PM »

I can confirm this as well. A related bug, where the same thing would happen while flipping off a ledge was "fixed" in this version, but apparently the falling version was overlooked.

I say "fixed" because the fix is kind of strange: it actually makes the held item reappear in your hands. IMHO they should both drop.

Things that hop are evil.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: